• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man Made God vs. God Made Man

um god kicked them out of the garden over the fruit and adam and eve became mortal but no where in the bible does it say adam and eve refused to talk to god and even if they had each individual human could still make that choice and even if humans don't talk back a god could still introduce itself to everyone and give every one all the relevant information about itself

so again

why would there ever be anyone who did not know god if god is not man made?

So again...

Because of what happened in the garden of Eden, when man made the decision to separate himself from God's guidance...

No, you don't understand it and I can't understand it for you...

You cannot seem to comprehend that your religious gibberish does not create reality for people who think critically.

So again...

Because of what happened in the garden of Eden, when man made the decision to separate himself from God's guidance...

you know each human makes their own decisions right?

um god kicked them out of the garden over the fruit and adam and eve became mortal but no where in the bible does it say adam and eve refused to talk to god and even if they had each individual human could still make that choice and even if humans don't talk back a god could still introduce itself to everyone and give every one all the relevant information about itself

so again

why would there ever be anyone who did not know god if god is not man made?

So again...

If you’re going to swallow the whole Adam and Eve story hook line and sinker, along with the concept that God is an omnipotent and omniscient entity, then there’s absolutely no way around having to agree with the idea that Adam and Eve did exactly what they were supposed to do.

They did exactly what God knew they’d do.
They did exactly what God intended for them to do.
Therefore they did not “disobey” God.
Therefore there was no reason to “punish” them, nor was there any reason to “punish”the rest of mankind for all eternity afterward.
Adam and Eve followed God’s predesignated plan to the letter.
They literally couldn’t do anything else.

If you’re going to swallow the whole Adam and Eve story hook line and sinker, along with the concept that God is an omnipotent and omniscient entity, then there’s absolutely no way around having to agree with the idea that Adam and Eve did exactly what they were supposed to do.

They did exactly what God knew they’d do.
They did exactly what God intended for them to do.
Therefore they did not “disobey” God.
Therefore there was no reason to “punish” them, nor was there any reason to “punish”the rest of mankind for all eternity afterward.
Adam and Eve followed God’s predesignated plan to the letter.
They literally couldn’t do anything else.

Shows how little you know about Jehovah God and free will or genetics, for that matter

Shows how little you know about Jehovah God and free will or genetics, for that matter

If god is omniscient how could he have NOT known exactly what they were going to do?

Is god NOT omniscient? Is that what you're saying?

Please explain how "genetics" fits into any of this Adam and Eve story????

"That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned" Romans 5:12

So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, so too through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is their being declared righteous for life. For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one person many will be made righteous." Romans 5:18,19

"That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned" Romans 5:12

So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, so too through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is their being declared righteous for life. For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one person many will be made righteous." Romans 5:18,19

Deflection noted.

Bible quotes, and ONLY bible quotes is not an explanation.

Now again, in a slightly different manner, explain where Adam and Eve's genetic anything came from, and how that effected their choice?

When responding, please type your own words and refrain from cut-n-paste.

Also - I noticed you completely avoided my other question. Care to answer that one?

Deflection noted.

Bible quotes, and ONLY bible quotes is not an explanation.

Now again, in a slightly different manner, explain where Adam and Eve's genetic anything came from, and how that effected their choice?

When responding, please type your own words and refrain from cut-n-paste.

Also - I noticed you completely avoided my other question. Care to answer that one?

I think I'll pass since you continuously reject the reasons for what I believe...God's Word...

Mankind creates its gods in its own images, and each religion then justifies its actions by claiming it speaks for its god. The more vengeful and punitive is the god, the more vengeful and punitive are the people who created it and who believe in it.

I think I'll pass since you continuously reject the reasons for what I believe...God's Word...

Hmmm, as a JW, don't you continuously reject the reasons for what the vast majority of people believe across the entire planet?

Hmmm, as a JW, don't you continuously reject the reasons for what the vast majority of people believe across the entire planet?

I certainly do not waste my time on the close-minded, either...you've made it clear you're not interested in my beliefs...so be it...

Last edited:
I certainly do not waste my time on the close-minded, either...you've made it clear you're not interested in my beliefs...so be it...

I'm not at all interested in cut-n-paste idiocy from websites or bible quotes.

If you wish to post your own personal thoughts and words without the other crap then we can have a dialogue.

You rarely if ever seem to want to do that.

I'm not at all interested in cut-n-paste idiocy from websites or bible quotes.

If you wish to post your own personal thoughts and words without the other crap then we can have a dialogue.

You rarely if ever seem to want to do that.

God's Word is my thoughts...it is what my thoughts/beliefs are based on...even Jesus often stated "it is written" when defending his beliefs...

God's Word is my thoughts...it is what my thoughts/beliefs are based on...even Jesus often stated "it is written" when defending his beliefs...

But you have no proof you know what god's words are.

You have no proof that a god exists.

So there's no proof there are words from god.

Men wrote the bible. Not god.

Show me something that indicates actual words came from a supernatural entity outside this Universe's boundaries.

Show me something that's not entirely faith based.

But you have no proof you know what god's words are.

You have no proof that a god exists.

So there's no proof there are words from god.

Men wrote the bible. Not god.

Show me something that indicates actual words came from a supernatural entity outside this Universe's boundaries.

Show me something that's not entirely faith based.

If you wanna do show and tell, go back to kindergarten...

I certainly do not waste my time on the close-minded,

Something funny here too.

Relative to most western (USA) chrisitian denominations, the JW's are absolutely the MOST close-minded individuals out there.

All of the different races and cultures have their Gods in their image.

Smart people have known this for a long time. But they have always been the few. This guy was an ancient Greek pre-Socratic philosopher, writing probably around 2600 years ago:

"Men always makes gods in their own image.

The Ethiops say that their gods are flat-nosed and black,
While the Thracians say that theirs have blue eyes and red hair.
Yet if cattle or horses or lions had hands and could draw,
And could sculpt like men, then the horses would draw their gods
Like horses, and cattle like cattle; and each they would shape
Bodies of gods in the likeness, each kind, of their own.

The gods did not reveal, from the beginning,
All things to us, but in the course of time
Through seeking we may learn and know things better.
But as for certain truth, no man has known it,
Nor shall he know it,neither of the gods
Nor yet of all the things of which I speak.
For even if by chance he were to utter
The final truth, he would himself not know it:
For all is but a woven web of guesses.

No man knows distinctly anything, and no man ever will.”
― Xenophanes

Something funny here too.

Relative to most western (USA) chrisitian denominations, the JW's are absolutely the MOST close-minded individuals out there.

I don't know about that. Have you met some of these Pentecostals?

God's Word is my thoughts...

Correct.

it is what my thoughts/beliefs are based on..

Nope, other way around. You change your mind on anything, and I guarantee you will find a way to have your God saying your updated opinions.

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but I think what you are really asking is do we think God exists and why.

Do I think God exists? Yes. Do I think we have the capability to understand God? No.

Religion, on the other hand, is man's attempt to define God and what he wants. This where things fall apart.

Back
Top Bottom