• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man loses hand to firework in early July 4th celebration

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]LEESBURG, Fla. – [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Authorities say a central Florida man blew his left hand off with a firework during an early Fourth of July celebration.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Orlando Sentinel reports it happened Thursday night at a Leesburg home.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The firework was attached to a wooden stake designed to be planted in the ground and had a foil-covered ball inside that explodes after launch. Witnesses told police that Brett Demascio lit the fuse, but the spark went out. He then picked up the foil-covered ball in his left hand, lit the shortened fuse and attempted to throw it. An incident report says the firework exploded early, tearing off most of the man's hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Demascio was airlifted to an Ocala hospital. His updated condition wasn't available Friday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No criminal charges were immediately filed.[/FONT]
Man loses hand to firework in early July 4th celebration | Fox News

A: OUCH
B: Dumb Dumb.

No criminal charges were immediately filed.

Seriously? What city ordinance could he have possibly violated that a loss of hand isn't sufficient punishment?

Be careful people. I think I am going to leave it to the professionals this year.

I really wouldn't care if it were only the nitwit who gets hurt in fireworks stupidity but it isn't. When I was young some teenagers were riding around throwing cherry bombs from the car. As a joke, the driver put the window up on the passenger side, the girl tossed a cherry bomb and it bounced back into the sack of a dozen or so cherry bombs. They all blew up and according to the fire department is was the equivalent of two sticks of dynamite. The girls gut was ripped open, she had numerous surgeries and lost some of the parts needed to have children.

Isn't that fun.

On a side note. The 4th of July was hands down the busiest day for animal control and the animal shelter in our city. Dogs that had never run off jumped six foot fences and headed for the hills. It's sad and so pointless.

Back
Top Bottom