• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man killed in Ashkelon rocket attack was Palestinian from Hebron area

NO1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.timesofisrael.com/man-killed-in-ashkelon-rocket-attack-was-palestinian-from-hebron-area/
A man who was found under the rubble of an Ashkelon building hit by a rocket launched from the Gaza Strip was a Palestinian from the Hebron area, a family member of the victim confirmed.

The man was killed, and another woman was seriously injured, overnight Monday-Tuesday after a rocket directly impacted the apartment they were both in.

The man was identified as 48-year-old Mahmoud Abu Asabeh from Halhoul, a town near Hebron. The woman, also Palestinian, was in moderate condition as of Tuesday afternoon, according to a spokeswoman for the Barzilai Medical Center.

Another example of this sickening terror group.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-least-108-people-wounded-in-israel-in-two-days-of-rocket-fire/
At least 108 people were hospitalized in Israel over the past two days for wounds and shock caused by the massive rocket bombardment of Israeli towns by Gazan terror groups.

Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon said Tuesday it has treated 93 people who were hurt in the rocket fire, including two who were moderately wounded, 46 who were lightly wounded, and 44 who were treated for shock.

A woman who arrived yesterday in serious condition was transferred from Barzilai to Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, near Tel Aviv, for intensive treatment.
Over 460 rockets and mortar shells fired at Israeli towns by Gazan terror groups.

And the Palesitnian civillian murdered by Hamas will get the uproar of the so-called "Human right activists"?
After all it wasn't a Jew who was murdered, it was a Palestinian.
We'll probably never hear a word - the same way we don't hear anything from those anti-human-rights activists when Palestinians in Syria are being massacred by Assad/Iran/Russia or by ISIS.

Every one of them a war crime.

Eagerly awaiting the various “international rights” NGOs to condemn and demand prosecution, since they are non-partisan and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They already have condemned rocket fire from Gaza and called them war crimes. Anyone who reads their stuff will know this already and will see your comments as based on an ignorance of their position

The Goldstone Report ,likewise , referred to the indiscriminate rocket fire from Gaza as war crimes

What people dislike about both is the fact that they have denounced both sides whereas you want them to denounce only one

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-least-108-people-wounded-in-israel-in-two-days-of-rocket-fire/

Over 460 rockets and mortar shells fired at Israeli towns by Gazan terror groups.

Don't want rocket attacks ? Don't attack Palestinians in Gaza and/or the West Bank and agree a ceasefire agreement but learn to stick with it and keep to your part of the bargain. Easy

It's enlightening that you start a thread for one dead Palestinian man murdered by other Palestinians but don't start one about the 200 plus dead Palestinians murdered by the Israeli soldiers

Last edited:
And the Palesitnian civillian murdered by Hamas will get the uproar of the so-called "Human right activists"?

If 500 dead kids cannot " get the uproar " of people here what chance a solitary man ?

And as previously stated the HR groups have already condemned the rocket fire from Gaza and classify them as indiscriminate attacks and thus war crimes. You must have missed that in order to convince yourself they are biased :roll:

Makes no difference which side the victim was from as is shown by their even handed approach in categorizing certain actions as crimes

We'll probably never hear a word - the same way we don't hear anything from those anti-human-rights activists when Palestinians in Syria are being massacred by Assad/Iran/Russia or by ISIS.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/syria

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/syria/report-syria/

You can read their words and retract your accusation if you want

Last edited:
Don't want rocket attacks ? Don't attack Palestinians in Gaza and/or the West Bank and agree a ceasefire agreement but learn to stick with it and keep to your part of the bargain. Easy

It's enlightening that you start a thread for one dead Palestinian man murdered by other Palestinians but don't start one about the 200 plus dead Palestinians murdered by the Israeli soldiers

Do not compare between the 200 killed on the border who were mostly terrorists and were engaging in an attempted (sometimes successful) invasion, with an innocent civillian killed by a rocket fired by a terror group trying to kill civilians. It's a shameful comparison between a man who's done nothing wrong and a group of thugs who needs to be shot and stopped.

Very enlightening that your posts in this thread choose to not condemn the Hamas terror group by a bit for killing that Palestinian civillian and instead provide moral support for such act of barbaric inhumanity and murderous sin. The antisemitic position is to use the Palestinians and others so to promote violence against Jews and that's all there is to it.

Do not compare between the 200 killed on the border who were mostly terrorists and were engaging in an attempted (sometimes successful) invasion, with an innocent civillian killed by a rocket fired by a terror group trying to kill civilians. It's a shameful comparison between a man who's done nothing wrong and a group of thugs who needs to be shot and stopped.

Very enlightening that your posts in this thread choose to not condemn the Hamas terror group by a bit for killing that Palestinian civillian and instead provide moral support for such act of barbaric inhumanity and murderous sin. The antisemitic position is to use the Palestinians and others so to promote violence against Jews and that's all there is to it.

Murder is murder whether that is murder via a rocket attack from Gaza or murder via a snipers bullet from an IDF rifle

My view is consistent and clear. The rocket attacks from Gaza are illegitimate , indiscriminate crimes.

My comments are a support for practical and verified ways to stop the killings on BOTH sides

Your comments support a continuance of the very things that will ensure more deaths on both sides

So I just don't take seriously the faux indignation and warped moral proclamations that litter your posts

Murder is murder whether that is murder via a rocket attack from Gaza or murder via a snipers bullet from an IDF rifle

My view is consistent and clear. The rocket attacks from Gaza are illegitimate , indiscriminate crimes.

My comments are a support for practical and verified ways to stop the killings on BOTH sides

Your comments support a continuance of the very things that will ensure more deaths on both sides

So I just don't take seriously the faux indignation and warped moral proclamations that litter your posts

Your comments are a show of support for violence taken against one side.
What you believe I support that ensures more deaths is my support for targeting terrorists, I can live with that and unfortunately it seems like you can live with the targeting of civilians.

Your comments are a show of support for violence taken against one side.

That's your position and easily proven to be your position

My position is very clear in the post you replied to but you have tried to twist it into , well , your own position

I condemned illegitimate violence committed by both sides whereas you have only condemned it on one side and defended it on the other

What you believe I support that ensures more deaths is my support for targeting terrorists, I can live with that and unfortunately it seems like you can live with the targeting of civilians.

What you support will ensure that people continue to die on both sides. They consider your troops to be terrorists , state terrorists . You think that you can just kill them and not elicit a response that will endanger your own ?

If you truly wanted a de-escalation of deaths you would support my promotion of a cease fire agreement. That you choose to attack me for not supporting the killing of the members of one side shows that your alleged concern for deaths , of people on both sides , is nothing but a cynical ruse

That's your position and easily proven to be your position

My position is very clear in the post you replied to but you have tried to twist it into , well , your own position

I condemned illegitimate violence committed by both sides whereas you have only condemned it on one side and defended it on the other

What you support will ensure that people continue to die on both sides. They consider your troops to be terrorists , state terrorists . You think that you can just kill them and not elicit a response that will endanger your own ?

If you truly wanted a de-escalation of deaths you would support my promotion of a cease fire agreement. That you choose to attack me for not supporting the killing of the members of one side shows that your alleged concern for deaths , of people on both sides , is nothing but a cynical ruse

Again, what I support is defending human lives from terrorists. My position is that terrorists need to be targeted, and that a situation where murderous terror groups launch attacks targeting civilians for murder and no one does anything to stop it is quite unacceptable and not going to happen. You think that's an horrible position to hold? Sure, I think that you even thinking that is insanely immoral.

Your opposition is by its own right a support for violence, and the positions you promote here are all pro-violence and are immoral in their very nature. This is why I always point out the difference in morality and the moral high ground - because that's all there's left to point when someone who is moral is arguing with someone who is not. When someone says "hey guys I think murder is OK", what is left to tell them other than you are being immoral? Nothing.

Several immoral positions you promoted (and later shamefully claimed strawman when confronted);

A) The terrorists should be armed.
B) The terrorists should not be targeted, targeting them is murder.
C) The terrorists' demands should be met, that is the only solution.
D) Israel is the aggressor today no matter what happens because it exists. ("The rape victim was wearing a short skirt" argument)

And more.

Well Hamas killed a palestinian using these rockets...this is how much he caring for them.
And you made that pretty clear you support these terror attacks.

Nonsense.
It's also enlightening that you cheering for Hamas even though they are killing Palestinians. Seems you don't really care about them, unless there are Jews in the picture.

The real blame here lies with Russia, China and Turkey - who do not regard Hamas as a terrorist organization currently occupying Palestinian land and attacking Israel. And the U.S. and MEQ, for doing little or nothing to stop it besides recognizing it as a terrorist organization. Britain at the very least provided covert support to Fatah against Hamas during their violent takeover of the Gaza Strip, but I digress.

Either way, military action is not possible to combat terrorism. You are trying to wage war on a tactic. Reality does not work that way.

Last edited:

That's right, close to 4000 Palestinians have died in Syria... but when Jews are not involve it's less interesting.

The real blame here lies with Russia, China and Turkey - who do not regard Hamas as a terrorist organization currently occupying Palestinian land and attacking Israel. And the U.S. and MEQ, for doing little or nothing to stop it besides recognizing it as a terrorist organization. Britain at the very least provided covert support to Fatah against Hamas during their violent takeover of the Gaza Strip, but I digress.

Either way, military action is not possible to combat terrorism. You are trying to wage war on a tactic. Reality does not work that way.
Fighting against Hamas which use human shields is difficult mission, here example of how the IDF doing the best to avoid harming civilians in the last events in Gaza - https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-strike-levels-headquarters-of-hamas-affiliated-tv-station-in-gaza/
Israeli aircraft first fired a “warning missile” at the multi-story building, allowing people to leave the site, before destroying it with a number of additional missiles, the reports said.
When Israel intends to destroy a building, it often fires warning shots first. The action, frequently referred to as a “knock on the roof,” is designed to inform occupants that a strike is imminent and give them a chance to evacuate.

Well Hamas killed a palestinian using these rockets...this is how much he caring for them.
And you made that pretty clear you support these terror attacks.

The above has nothing to do with what it was supposed to be a reply to and is just more of your baseless and flaming accusations

Where did I state that I support the indiscriminate rocket fire from Gaza ? If you cannot provide the text to back your claim you are going to have to admit to being dishonest :)

Nonsense.
It's also enlightening that you cheering for Hamas even though they are killing Palestinians. Seems you don't really care about them, unless there are Jews in the picture.

No , it's actually correct. If a person poses no imminent/mortal threat to your life and you shoot them dead well that's murder too. That you don't care about these murders but would have us believe that you cared about the Palestinian worker murdered by a Gazan rocket shows just how obviously it is you that is exploiting the death of this man , not me

As for " not caring " about lives on either side you will have to recall that it is me that has advocated both sides agree a ceasefire and stick to it and you and Apocalypse that have remained mute about it. Additionally , it is you two that want one side to be allowed to kill and the other side not so why would people with that view support a ceasefire agreement that would stop that happening ?

Again, what I support is defending human lives from terrorists.

Nope, what you support is wholesale Israeli violence and mass rights violations of the Palestinians. You have never once criticized ANYTHING the IDF has done, Never.

Palestinians as human shields in official IDF protocol ? Fine

Dahiya Doctrine attacks of Lebanese or Gazan population centres ? Fine

The occupation and besieging of 4 million people ? Fine

The denial of their basic human rights and right to self determination ? Cool

The murder of protesters that pose no threat to the lives of those shooting to kill ? No problem

The daily violation of the sovereign territory of neighbouring states and any attacks you might want to carry out whilst doing so ? Absolutely fine

Illegal annexations of the territory of neighbouring states. Yep , why not

All defended with the faux " self defence " argument. The Zionist movement/Israel , as the historical initiator of the conflict , is defending itself in the way any rapist has to defend themselves from the danger posed by the flailing limbs of the person they are raping.

That is the true context and you know it's the true context , you just don't want others to see it

. My position is that terrorists need to be targeted, and that a situation where murderous terror groups launch attacks targeting civilians for murder and no one does anything to stop it is quite unacceptable and not going to happen.

Nope, your " position " is to defend the state violence , the massive state violence , carried out by Israel that enables the crimes referred to in the previous post. Israeli state terrorism , a terrorism that kills and maims vastly more people than the terrorist actions of the likes of Hamas

You wish to portray EVERY act of Palestinian resistance as terrorism. So as to make the two inseparable . Thus duping people into forgetting that they Palestinians , as occupied people denied their right to self determination , have the right to resist and fight for those rights

You wish that the Palestinian resistance factions be denied the very weapons they would need to actually target IDF precisely so you can continue to present the legitimate right of resistance as terrorism

Your position is , and always has been , their terrorism is a crime but your terrorism is not. They murder , you don't . The truth just completely undermines that position and that's why you want it hidden from view

Your opposition is by its own right a support for violence, and the positions you promote here are all pro-violence and are immoral in their very nature.

The resistance involves violence. Self defence involves violence. Conflicts are violent , there's no escaping that obvious truth

To claim that only I can be accused of " supporting violence " but your support for Israeli violence , somehow , magically isn't a support for violence is as hilarious as it is illogical

Nope, what you support is wholesale Israeli violence and mass rights violations of the Palestinians.

That you can't handle my positions without inserting your lies is very telling, but do notice that once you're outright lying, openly and awarely, you can't expect to receive a reply other than one simply telling you to cease your lies.

I support attacking terrorists, I support defending civilians.
You believe Israel existing is a crime that reasons terror attacks on civilians and murders.

The disparities in morality between the two positions are obvious.

The resistance involves violence. Self defence involves violence. Conflicts are violent , there's no escaping that obvious truth

To claim that only I can be accused of " supporting violence " but your support for Israeli violence , somehow , magically isn't a support for violence is as hilarious as it is illogical

Yes however there is a difference between saying "violence should be used in a defensive manner so to stop a terrorist launching a rocket from doing so and harming these innocent civilians" and the position of yours that say "violence needs to be used to target civilians because Israel exists". I cannot begin to tell how big of a difference it is. It's pretty obvious that one position is moderate and the other is completely disproportional in its lack of humanity, embracement of evil and monstrous hatefulness.

Back
Top Bottom