• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man journeys to discover how private schools educate the poorest in the world...

Mensch

Mr. Professional
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The book is entitled: "The Beautiful Tree: A Personal Journey into how the World's Poorest People are Educating Themselves" by James Tooley.

Amazon.com: The Beautiful Tree: A Personal Journey Into How the World's Poorest People Are Educating Themselves…

It's interesting to find, in so many parts of the world, that 70% of urban youth attend a private school and 30% of rural youth attend private school. This is despite a completely free (in most cases) public education system. The answer, obviously, is not more governmental aid to fund more bureaucratic education.

Here's a video of a similar study:

No one has anything to say about how "the private schools are ONLY for the rich!"?

No one has anything to say about how "the private schools are ONLY for the rich!"?

Such a statement would not be true. One of the best schools in my town takes your income into account when charging tuition. Its a church school, but its pretty rigorous academically.

Such a statement would not be true. One of the best schools in my town takes your income into account when charging tuition. Its a church school, but its pretty rigorous academically.

I was expecting a large thread.

Back
Top Bottom