• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

man found dead in LAX restroom

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

September 15, 2010 | 11:10 am

A man whose head was covered in a bag and who had his hands bound was found dead Wednesday morning in a restroom at Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

Airport police were called to the bathroom shortly before 8 a.m. and found a body slumped in a stall, according to sources familiar with the case. They called Los Angeles police, who dispatched detectives with the department's robbery-homicide division to investigate.

The sources said it was not immediately clear if the death was a suicide or a homicide.

[Updated at 12:30 p.m.: Los Angeles police said that a preliminary investigation indicates that the man in the restroom died from a possible suicide. They said the case has been turned over to the Los Angeles County Coroner to determine official cause of death. They also stressed that the investigation was in its early stages.]

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Maybe I am missing something here, but how can you bind your own hands with any degree of effectiveness?

suicide with an attempt to make it look like homocide?

Just wondering what made them think it may be suicide. bag over head, hands tied seems to scream homocide to me.

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Maybe I am missing something here, but how can you bind your own hands with any degree of effectiveness?

suicide with an attempt to make it look like homocide?

Just wondering what made them think it may be suicide. bag over head, hands tied seems to scream homocide to me.

You could use those twistie-ties that coppers sometimes use as handcuffs. I don't think it would be that hard.

You could use those twistie-ties that coppers sometimes use as handcuffs. I don't think it would be that hard.

that would still require you to bind your hands in front of you. which wouldn't prevent you from ripping the bag off your head in a panic. it's mighty hard to bind your own hands behind your back.

I guess they don't want to release many details in the event this turns into a criminal investigation.

Back
Top Bottom