• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man flies to China, waits 10 days to meet online girlfriend who never shows up

I think the population ratio between women and men in China has a lot to do with it.

People out wast bought brides sight unseen back in the early days of America. Now there is Internet dating here in the USA where people who are unsuccessful in ordinary dating give each other a whirl.

So it's not all that odd. At least he went to China rather than sending her money for a plane ticket.

It's like an arranged marriage without the parents!

People out wast bought brides sight unseen back in the early days of America. Now there is Internet dating here in the USA where people who are unsuccessful in ordinary dating give each other a whirl.

So it's not all that odd. At least he went to China rather than sending her money for a plane ticket.

It's like an arranged marriage without the parents!
And, in his case, no wife.

I think the population ratio between women and men in China has a lot to do with it.

yea.. your better off with eastern European women where they outnumber the guys ;P

That being said I have a little Chinese resteraunt I go to and the lady who manages it likes me and tried to set me up with her friend in china. I guess that doesn't count as online though.
still nothing ever happened with that.

yea.. your better off with eastern European women where they outnumber the guys ;P

You guys are better off meeting women through normal everyday contact.
Amazing numbers of people meet their partners through work.
Then there's normal social contact: going to parties, going for a drink, meeting friends of friends, sports activities, philosophy circles, book clubs, interest groups, political activity, gosh even the church/synangogue/mosque/temple if that's your thing, hell even singles bars.
If you've tried all that and failed then there are the "normal" internet dating sites where you meet local people as equals.

But really guys, if you need to buy a Russian gold-digger or fly all the way to fecking China, you need to ask yourself why you're so woefully inadequate and get help. Don't waste your money on a Russian peroxide blonde. Better spent on a psychologist.

This guy was just very stupid. And gullible.

That happened to a friend of mine. He actually packed up his stuff and was planning on moving to where this girl was. They had plans to meet at the bus station -- she never showed. He went to where she worked - never heard of her. He went to her college - no one registered by that name.

Then there's normal social contact: going to parties, going for a drink, meeting friends of friends, sports activities, philosophy circles, book clubs, interest groups, political activity, gosh even the church/synangogue/mosque/temple if that's your thing, hell even singles bars.
If you've tried all that and failed then there are the "normal" internet dating sites where you meet local people as equals.

But really guys, if you need to buy a Russian gold-digger or fly all the way to fecking China, you need to ask yourself why you're so woefully inadequate and get help. Don't waste your money on a Russian peroxide blonde. Better spent on a psychologist.

Actually some Russian women look for American guys since there is shortage of men in Russia and American culture is closer to Russian culture than their neighbors. It should also be noted that the stereotype you relied on there is false.

Last edited:

That being said I have a little Chinese resteraunt I go to and the lady who manages it likes me and tried to set me up with her friend in china. I guess that doesn't count as online though.
still nothing ever happened with that.

Heh. A good friend of mine is a first generation Filipino immigrant. I've actually had him and a few members of his family suggest something along those lines.

I politely turn them down.

Actually some Russian women look for American guys since there is shortage of men in Russia and American culture is closer to Russian culture than their neighbors. It should also be noted that the stereotype you relied on there is false.

American culture is closer to Russian culture than their neighbours? So a Russian has more in common with an American than a Belorussian, a Ukrainian, a Pole?

You ran away from me in the men peeing thread because you couldn't back up your false claims, so now you try sniping at me here. How old are you? 4?

American culture is closer to Russian culture than their neighbours? So a Russian has more in common with an American than a Belorussian, a Ukrainian, a Pole?

You ran away from me in the men peeing thread because you couldn't back up your false claims, so now you try sniping at me here. How old are you? 4?

I'm not sniping you, but correcting an error in your thinking. Those women by and large don't simply run to other countries because they want money. Anyway, yes, I should have worded that part of my post better.

I'm not sniping you, but correcting an error in your thinking. Those women by and large don't simply run to other countries because they want money. Anyway, yes, I should have worded that part of my post better.

Do you by any chance have a busty Russian asking you for the air fare Henrin? :lamo

Care to go back to the other thread and prove your wild claims?

Do you by any chance have a busty Russian asking you for the air fare Henrin? :lamo

No, but I know some Russian women and none of the men they are married to are rich.

Heh. A good friend of mine is a first generation Filipino immigrant. I've actually had him and a few members of his family suggest something along those lines.

I politely turn them down.

Actually that's where my gf is from now. You might give it a shot..

No, but I know some Russian women and none of the men they are married to are rich.

Did the men have western passports? And are these women "you know" actually real?

Last edited:

Dating sites are actually becoming a very normal way to meet a partner for my gen and younger, and I can see why. I was a long-time hold-out on the internet dating thing. I finally gave in, and it was way better than I expected, and nowhere near as creepy.

If you actually want a relationship, online dating has a number of distinct advantages over meeting people at random. A big one is that most of them include things that indicate a person's long-term goals, and as a childfree person who has had people lie to me about the kids thing MANY, MANY times, this is huge for me. It's on their profile, so I know they aren't just saying it in the hopes of convincing me further down the line.

You can get a general sense of a lot of things from a dating profile that you just can't when you meet someone at random.

That said, I have absolutely zero interest in wasting my time talking to someone in another country, or even another city. I've done long-distance by necessity before, and I am never going to do it again unless it's guaranteed short-term. I live in a city of 8 million. There's no reason I should go to Brazil or where ever to find someone I like. When I'm on a dating site, I won't go more than a couple weeks chatting without meeting. I wanna live in a real world, and I ain't got time for that.

Actually, I'd say at least half the younger people I know met their partner, or most recent partner, in some form of online contact (in some cases things like Meet Up events, social networking sites, etc -- even with that, you get a sense of their interests in advance).

It's not due to trying and failing in the meat-space world. It's because it really does have some big plus sides.

I'd say in online dating, it's possible you might have more first dates that are just a fail (the chemistry aspect can't be accounted for online). But in meat-space dating, I'd say you have more instances of things progressing to a relationship, and then failing, because you found out there was some kind of deal-breaker somewhere down the line.

According to reports this was severe blood sugar problems not exhaustion. I bet he had no money for a hotel. It sure looks in a pic like he is drinking regular Coke, and he looks like hell, so I am thinking not taking care of himself is normal.

I also think that he never had reason to think she was coming, knew in 24 hours that she was not coming, but did not want to face the embarrassment of quick return to what I bet is his parents house, so he decided to chill in the airport and then lie about the trip when he got home.

This is our would be hero.

Just guessing.

Back
Top Bottom