• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man dies of Covid (without being infected)

Are you sure it didn’t? The hospitals in my town had to create brand new ICU areas just for COVID patients, over and above their “normal” during that time.
And why can't they do that now?

You need to re-read and understand my post. Your question doesn’t make sense in regard to it.
It's okay. I wouldn't expect a person of your intellectual capacity to be able to answer my question.

Are you sure it didn’t? The hospitals in my town had to create brand new ICU areas just for COVID patients, over and above their “normal” during that time. Those over-and-above units were then shut down for much of the spring and summer until they once again had to open them up due to the Delta variant and SO MANY PEOPLE WHO HAD NOT BEEN VACCINATED AND WERE THUS INFECTED WITH IT. Just imagine where we could be if there had not been so many selfish and irresponsible people who refused to get vaccinated. We would be much much better off.

He is flat out making crap up or maybe he gets his info from Fox? I have not even heard Fox say such a ignorant thing.

Psychological projection. And I have to tell you that the disparagement of my intellectual ability sure sounds like a rule violation. What do you think? Should I report it?
I can't help notice this consistent pattern from you, watsup. You pick a fight and then play the victim card.

Let's talk about this story that noonereal posted.

If the story is real, it is a great one. Really puts a human face on the problem that the unvaccinated are causing. This really tells the story of why it is important that all be vaccinated no matter what draconian measures are required.

By "great," I mean great journalism, not that it was great that it happened. Before this all Hadley Hitson had ever written were student newspaper articles and I think she was most proud of seeing her byline in an online publication while interning.

Now, she's like a farm team rookie somehow brought up to the big leagues to bat in the world series. And home run off the first pitch!

I mean it's not Nobel Prize stuff, but definitely Edward R. Murrow Award stuff.

If it's real . . .

I can't help notice this consistent pattern from you, watsup. You pick a fight and then play the victim card.

Let's talk about this story that noonereal posted.

If the story is real, it is a great one. Really puts a human face on the problem that the unvaccinated are causing. This really tells the story of why it is important that all be vaccinated no matter what draconian measures are required.

By "great," I mean great journalism, not that it was great that it happened. Before this all Hadley Hitson had ever written were student newspaper articles and I think she was most proud of seeing her byline in an online publication while interning.

Now, she's like a farm team rookie somehow brought up to the big leagues to bat in the world series. And home run off the first pitch!

I mean it's not Nobel Prize stuff, but definitely Edward R. Murrow Award stuff.

If it's real . . .

What story was that?

What story was that?
Oh, wow.

Ok, see watsup, this thread was started by noonereal, the poster?

It is about a story he read in the Montgomery Advertiser about a man who died of COVID without being infected with COVID.

That's what this thread is about. It's not the "everybody is mean to watsup" thread. You'd need to start that yourself.

Oh, wow.

Ok, see watsup, this thread was started by noonereal, the poster?

It is about a story he read in the Montgomery Advertiser about a man who died of COVID without being infected with COVID.

That's what this thread is about. It's not the "everybody is mean to watsup" thread. You'd need to start that yourself.

I really and truly do not understand what you are talking about. I agree totally with the OP. You are the one that doesn’t. Noonereal is one of my liberal buddies. I liked his OP a lot!

I really and truly do not understand what you are talking about. I agree totally with the OP. You are the one that doesn’t. Noonereal is one of my liberal buddies. I liked his OP a lot!
Then why did you ask "what story was that?"

You are delusional, it all says the same thing and I stand by all of it. Yes I edited it, big deal get over it, I did not change the data at all. Now if you can find something I changed show it or FO.
Maybe you can explain what a "real man" is (as per your edited post). I need to know because I would hate to think I'm a forgery. Perhaps I should practise some of the macho posturing you clearly have expertise in. Would it help?

12 year old boy, appendix attack. Kid is in horrible pain, screaming in the waiting room. It bursts. They are able to save his life.
Parents: why 6 1/2 hour wait for an acute attack!!!!!!!!!?

Nurse replies: unvaccinated Covid patients have the ER overrun.

------------------------

Thanks deplorables! Enjoy your freedoms no matter how much pain and suffer it costs. We get it, your egos are so massive and your self confidence is so fragile that you have to put others in jeopardy.

Last edited:
This is complete bullshit propaganda and a blatant lie. Check this for yourself folks....

The same newspaper printed this Aug 23,

Around 53% of the state's ICU beds are currently filled with COVID-19 patients, Alabama Hospital Association's Dr. Don Williamson said Monday.
The State of Alabama was reporting 4700 new cases per day on Aug 23, since then the numbers have dropped off considerably with 2300 on 9/9 and 1200 on 9/10.
Someone is lying.
So half the beds are filled with anti-vaxxers and the rest are at the normal level of occupation with the usual ICU patients. There would have been plenty beds if not for the Covid cases. They killed him.

Why did this not happen last fall, when the hospitalization rates were higher?
I am curious...what were hospitalization rates last fall compared to this year in Alabama? I cannot find specifics

12 year old boy, appendix attack. Kid is in horrible pain, screaming un the waiting room. It bursts. They are able to save his life.
Parents, why 6 1/2 hour wait for an acute attack!!!!!!!!!?

Nurse replies, unvaccinated Covid patients have the ER overrun.

------------------------

Thanks deplorables! Enjoy your freedoms no matter how much pain and suffer it costs. We get it, your egos are so massive and your self confidence is so fragile that you have to put others in jeopardy.

They saved his life, but it cost the parents extra for the five days in hospital recovering from the sepsis created by the burst appendix.

I am curious...what were hospitalization rates last fall compared to this year in Alabama? I cannot find specifics
I already spoke to this.

Most deplorable states like Alabama are in the sun belt which never had the infections the northern states had. Between the sparse populations and warm weather they could have missed most this pandemic if they were responsible. As they were horse's asses about it, it has finally caught up to them.

Now factor in Delta was not around last fall which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more contagious.

Alabama should NEVER have a higher infection rate than NYC but they do. About 20 times higher. All because they act deplorable. Totally unnecessary.

So half the beds are filled with anti-vaxxers and the rest are at the normal level of occupation with the usual ICU patients. There would have been plenty beds if not for the Covid cases. They killed him.
And covid makes it more difficult - segregation becomes necessary. That taps resources (human, space, and supplies) even more,

They saved his life, but it cost the parents extra for the five days in hospital recovering from the sepsis created by the burst appendix.
and the suffering of the child

The Alabama story was a click bait headline that went viral.

First they are calling it a "cardiac event" to make it sound as if this was a heart attack. It was not. A heart attack is an acute event. What this man had was heart FAILURE - which is a chronic condition that is eventually fatal. Use the real term in reporting - not some nebulous "event" designation.

Then, the story does not tell us where this man was in the progression of his heart failure. Heart failure develops and progresses over time.

If he was in the end stages of heart failure it wouldn't have mattered if he was 2 miles or 200 miles he was at the terminal event regardless. He may have been more of a candidate for hospice care than for ICU in the first place. I could safely guess it was in his wishes and his family's wishes to try and prolong life with any measure available - otherwise they would not have sought out to transport him to a Cardiac ICU. Patients and their families are always requesting Hale Mary measures.

But, guess what? We don't know. We don't have his medical records to know. Since he still passed away after being transported it would be a safe assumption to say his heart failure was fairly progressed. But then, we know what they all say of assumptions. So to assume his death had everything to do with no bed available nearby is just as wrong as saying it had nothing to do with an ICU bed being available. Either way is wrong because we have no way of knowing - but what we do know, without assumptions, is it's especially vile to use his death as a got 'cha.

(Oh, and yes, I do know there are very rare cases of acute heart failure. But, they are rare and laws would have forbidden him to be transported at all if his case was acute. )

First they are calling it a "cardiac event" to make it sound as if this was a heart attack. It was not. A heart attack is an acute event. What this man had was heart FAILURE - which is a chronic condition that is eventually fatal. Use the real term in reporting - not some nebulous "event" designation.

Then, the story does not tell us where this man was in the progression of his heart failure. Heart failure develops and progresses over time.

If he was in the end stages of heart failure it wouldn't have mattered if he was 2 miles or 200 miles he was at the terminal event regardless. He may have been more of a candidate for hospice care than for ICU in the first place. I could safely guess it was in his wishes and his family's wishes to try and prolong life with any measure available - otherwise they would not have sought out to transport him to a Cardiac ICU. Patients and their families are always requesting Hale Mary measures.

But, guess what? We don't know. We don't have his medical records to know. Since he still passed away after being transported it would be a safe assumption to say his heart failure was fairly progressed. But then, we know what they all say of assumptions. So to assume his death had everything to do with no bed available nearby is just as wrong as saying it had nothing to do with an ICU bed being available. Either way is wrong because we have no way of knowing - but what we do know, without assumptions, is it's especially vile to use his death as a got 'cha.

(Oh, and yes, I do know there are very rare cases of acute heart failure. But, they are rare and laws would have forbidden him to be transported at all if his case was acute. )
People can live with chf (congestive heart failure) as a chronic condition for DECADES with proper medical and self management.
That being said....chf can exacerbate and ABSOLUTELY be a treatable medical emergency. I have been an ICU RN for almost 40 years....and aggressive care in an acute setting can give a patient many more years of quality life.

Without knowing the particulars, I can tell you hospitals being over run with covid do negatively impact non covid patients. Happened to my brother in January. He should have gone to the major facility that could have gotten him to surgery in short order. The only facility that could take him to was a small community hospital without needed resources. He clearly was a covid "related" death. At the time he should have been in a surgery suite, he was still in the ER waiting for a surgical consult. He clearly could have been saved.

How do you know that all this is true? Do you have a source, or are you just making this all up?

Back
Top Bottom