• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man arrested twice in 12-hour span for starting fires near I-205

Aberro

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(A man was arrested on Sunday for intentionally setting a brush fire near Interstate 205 in Portland then, just hours after he was released, he was taken into custody again for lighting six more fires, according to Portland police.)

Here is Californias climate change reason for all the fires.

(Governor Newsom says climate change caused fires)

(A man was arrested on Sunday for intentionally setting a brush fire near Interstate 205 in Portland then, just hours after he was released, he was taken into custody again for lighting six more fires, according to Portland police.)

No link?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Provide a link to what Newsom said. I believe you may be misrepresenting what the Governor has said.

From what I have seen he is not saying "climate change" caused the fires. His comments have been more about "climate change" and fire behavior..

I don't know if this was the story you referenced, but a link (required on breaking news forum)
Oregon Man Arrested Twice in 12 Hours for Starting Fires Near Portland Freeway

“Officers arrested the suspect, who confirmed he lit the fire with the device,” the Portland Police Bureau said.

Domingo Lopez Jr., 45, was arrested for using a Molotov Cocktail to start the brush fire and booked in the Multnomah County Detention Center on charges of reckless burning and second degree disorderly conduct.

Lopez was later released and went on to start six more small fires in the early hours of Monday morning.

Multnomah County DA is doing a fine job. I wonder if Lopez claimed to be protesting after the first arrest.

You're probably misrepresenting what Newsom said, but on the unlikely chance that you're quoting him directly, then he was speaking colloquially since of course he's smart enough to understand that climate change makes fires worse.

In before the dumbass "rake the ground" posts.

You're probably misrepresenting what Newsom said, but on the unlikely chance that you're quoting him directly, then he was speaking colloquially since of course he's smart enough to understand that climate change makes fires worse.

In before the dumbass "rake the ground" posts.

Only 3% of California's forests are state owned. Over 30% is privately owned, while well over 50% of the forests in California are federally owned. Trump needs to go rake the forests.

Only 3% of California's forests are state owned. Over 30% is privately owned, while well over 50% of the forests in California are federally owned. Trump needs to go rake the forests.

The argument is too stupid to merit a response.

I don't know if this was the story you referenced, but a link (required on breaking news forum)
Oregon Man Arrested Twice in 12 Hours for Starting Fires Near Portland Freeway

Multnomah County DA is doing a fine job. I wonder if Lopez claimed to be protesting after the first arrest.

A recycled GARBAGE story from "The National Review" Stop spreading garbage fake news/propaganda!

Now for the ACTUAL story:

Oregon Live said:
Man arrested twice in 12-hour span for starting fires near I-205
Updated Sep 14, 11:03 AM; Posted Sep 14, 6:37 AM

UIJOYUW6VBFLPPLFP5QBGMULZQ.jpeg

A man was arrested twice in the span of 12 hours for setting more than a half dozen fires along Interstate 205 in Portland. All of the blazes were put out quickly and no one was injured.

A man was arrested on Sunday for intentionally setting a brush fire near Interstate 205 in Portland then, just hours after he was released, he was taken into custody again for lighting six more fires, according to Portland police.

Around 4:35 p.m., officers were sent to help Portland Fire & Rescue with a small blaze burning in a section of grass along the freeway near the 9600 block of East Burnside, officials said. The fire was quickly put out and no one was injured.....

A mental health case with a background, no serious damage to anything but brush.

Additionally:

Fact check: Oregon, Washington fires were not set by anti-fascist activists

....Beth Anne Steele, a spokesperson for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, also told The Oregonian that there is "no indication that the fires are the result of coordinated criminal activity."

And the FBI Portland tweeted on Friday it has investigated reports that extremists are responsible for setting wildfires and found the reports to be "untrue."

An arson investigation is underway in Oregon's Almeda Glendower Fire, but Ashland Police Chief Tighe O’Meara told The Oregonian that it wasn't antifa.

“One thing I can say is that the rumor it was set by antifa is 100% false information,” O'Meara wrote in an email. “We have some leads, and none of it points in that direction.”.

So try actual sources next time maybe?

Nevermind. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom