• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man accused of suffocating $10k worth of lobsters at Cape Cod seafood market

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Crime doesn’t pay and lobsters aren’t cheap.

A seafood market in Massachusetts lost thousands of dollars worth of seafood after a local man allegedly tampered with its live lobster tank. Authorities have taken a suspect into custody after identifying him from security camera footage.

The Sandwich Police Department posted about the incident on Facebook, writing that Superior Lobster and Seafood in Cape Cod, lost an estimated $10,000 worth of lobsters. According to the post, somebody had turned off the compressor and oxygen supply to the market’s live seafood tank late on Thursday night.
=====================================================================
Maybe this guy got what I once got from a boiled lobster lunch: shellfish poisoning. Sickest I've ever been. But I think this guy had other motives.

Crime doesn’t pay and lobsters aren’t cheap.

A seafood market in Massachusetts lost thousands of dollars worth of seafood after a local man allegedly tampered with its live lobster tank. Authorities have taken a suspect into custody after identifying him from security camera footage.

The Sandwich Police Department posted about the incident on Facebook, writing that Superior Lobster and Seafood in Cape Cod, lost an estimated $10,000 worth of lobsters. According to the post, somebody had turned off the compressor and oxygen supply to the market’s live seafood tank late on Thursday night.
=====================================================================
Maybe this guy got what I once got from a boiled lobster lunch: shellfish poisoning. Sickest I've ever been. But I think this guy had other motives.

Sandwich?

That must have been a huge lobster tank.

Street value by the gram, not bulk kilo price.
Frozen lobster tails where I live cost costs about 26 dollars a pound at sams club and a frozen cooked whole lobster for around 25 dollars a pound. I live about several hundred miles away from the coast. I would imagine that lobster is a lot cheaper in Massachusetts.

Frozen lobster tails where I live cost costs about 26 dollars a pound at sams club and a frozen cooked whole lobster for around 25 dollars a pound. I live about several hundred miles away from the coast. I would imagine that lobster is a lot cheaper in Massachusetts.
I think the fried clam was first prepared in Ipswich, MA. The clam diggers pull their boats up to the dock across the street from the restaurant & carry their catch to the kitchen. You can't beat fresh clams.

As a little kid on Long Island we would go to the mud flats on Long Island Sound with pitchforks & buckets to dig 'pisser' clams which my mom would bake into a clam pie. As a little kid I wanted nothing to do with eating a creature that looked so alien. I'm kicking myself now because now I can't eat enough raw clams & oysters. Too soon we grow old; too late we grow smart.

Back
Top Bottom