• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man accused of dog's rape, murder claimed dog killed his iguana

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Can there really be any hope of redemption for a bastard who not only hangs a dog, but "severely sexually abused" her before killing her?

Man accused of dog's rape, murder claimed dog killed his iguana | Fox News

What specifically am I missing here that would make a case for this fat lousy bastard to walk freely back among humans, forget dogs?

A man accused of raping and murdering an emotional support service dog in March allegedly told investigators in Washington state he hanged the 3-year-old pit bull mix from a tree in the forest because the animal killed his pet iguana.

James Leroy Evans, 33, posted $50,000 bail and was released from Thurston County Jail on Wednesday, where he was being held on a first-degree animal cruelty charge, Q13Fox reported. He was arrested Sunday based on a tip from a relative of the dog’s owner, The Olympian reported.

Evans confessed to officials that he killed the dog, telling authorities, “I did it! I hung her,” according to court documents viewed by The Olympian.

His next court date is April 26.

“What I know from family members is that he’s got an explosive personality,” Thurston County animal control officer Erika Johnson said. “He’s got some real anger issues.”

A biker discovered the puppy, named Diamond, hanging from the tree on March 22. Scratch marks from where the dog had struggled were evident at the scene. A veterinarian later revealed the dog had been severely sexually abused. The official cause of death was asphyxiation.

“This is probably one of the worst cases I’ve ever seen,” Johnson told The Olympian. “The degree of violence that animal went through before her death, I really couldn’t wrap my mind around it.”

Can there really be any hope of redemption for a bastard who not only hangs a dog, but "severely sexually abused" her before killing her?

Man accused of dog's rape, murder claimed dog killed his iguana | Fox News

What specifically am I missing here that would make a case for this fat lousy bastard to walk freely back among humans, forget dogs?

A man accused of raping and murdering an emotional support service dog in March allegedly told investigators in Washington state he hanged the 3-year-old pit bull mix from a tree in the forest because the animal killed his pet iguana.

James Leroy Evans, 33, posted $50,000 bail and was released from Thurston County Jail on Wednesday, where he was being held on a first-degree animal cruelty charge, Q13Fox reported. He was arrested Sunday based on a tip from a relative of the dog’s owner, The Olympian reported.

Evans confessed to officials that he killed the dog, telling authorities, “I did it! I hung her,” according to court documents viewed by The Olympian.

His next court date is April 26.

“What I know from family members is that he’s got an explosive personality,” Thurston County animal control officer Erika Johnson said. “He’s got some real anger issues.”

A biker discovered the puppy, named Diamond, hanging from the tree on March 22. Scratch marks from where the dog had struggled were evident at the scene. A veterinarian later revealed the dog had been severely sexually abused. The official cause of death was asphyxiation.

“This is probably one of the worst cases I’ve ever seen,” Johnson told The Olympian. “The degree of violence that animal went through before her death, I really couldn’t wrap my mind around it.”

You can't murder a dog. A dog is not a person.

The animal cruelty laws, what he's charged with there in Washington are already some of the strictest in the nation. Yes, there is something deeply wrong with the guy. But what he did should be a property crime and punished the same. Then the owners can go after him civilly.

This part is utter bull**** and yet another sign we are doomed as a species:
an emotional support service dog

For the record, if it were up to me I'd have him executed for crimes against nature, as he has committed one of the most debased sexual acts possible (sex with an animal). But killing an animal is not a homicide.

Do you not understand the difference between using the term "murder" in its colloquial sense and its legal sense?

The animal cruelty laws, what he's charged with there in Washington are already some of the strictest in the nation. Yes, there is something deeply wrong with the guy. But what he did should be a property crime and punished the same. Then the owners can go after him civilly.

I understand where you are coming from in regard to property crime. But there is a fundamental difference between intentionally breaking someone's garden gnome and raping and hanging their puppy. The depravity shown in the latter is indicative of someone who could easily hurt a human. Break a garden gnome and I am good with the person paying financial damages. Rape a puppy and you need to be institutionalize for psychological evaluation and treatment.

Do you not understand the difference between using the term "murder" in its colloquial sense and its legal sense?

Right. There's murder, and then there's "murder". :roll:

*relief*
saw the thread title
saying to myself
please don't let this be north carolina

the i thought more about it and instead started wishing

please be our governor

please be our governor

please be our governor

please be our governor

What is wrong with service dogs? Even emotional service dogs. I think it is much better and much more sane to give someone a service dog for their psychological issues than pump them full of drugs. That too me is a much bigger sign of a doomed species.

Killing the dog is more appropriate description. But they should still throw the book at him, hopefully a big book with thousands of pages so it can knock some sense into him.

For the record, if it were up to me I'd have him executed for crimes against nature, as he has committed one of the most debased sexual acts possible (sex with an animal). But killing an animal is not a homicide.

Again with the Taliban-Sharia kind of reactions to a crime which should just be punished with prison time and possibly forced treatment for his sick crime (with regard to the rape issue). Killing and raping an animal is not a capital crime.

Again with the Taliban-Sharia kind of reactions to a crime which should just be punished with prison time and possibly forced treatment for his sick crime (with regard to the rape issue). Killing and raping an animal is not a capital crime.

I am not a Muslim and I have never promoted Sharia law. I request that you retract this libel.

Engaging in sexual activity (I don't care if it's "consensual") with an animal should be a capital crime. Such debased perverts shpuld not be allowed to live.

I am not a Muslim and I have never promoted Sharia law. I request that you retract this libel.

Engaging in sexual activity (I don't care if it's "consensual") with an animal should be a capital crime. Such debased perverts shpuld not be allowed to live.

And for that reason I wrote "kind of reactions", because you may not be a Muslim but your punishment values would not differ greatly on some issues to those of Sharia extremists.

And I have no reason to retract anything, because it is not libel.

And raping an animal (because a lower animal can never give consent to sex with a human) is not a capital crime, at least not in a country that has actual proper laws (and not religiously extremist laws). Such perverts should be treated for their twisted disorder, not killed.

Do that to my buddy and good luck seeing the sun rise tomorrow.

Do that and you will sit in jail for the rest of your days (or risk that at least) because murder is illegal, someone hurting your dog is not a justification for murder.

Do that and you will sit in jail for the rest of your days (or risk that at least) because murder is illegal, someone hurting your dog is not a justification for murder.

Some people should die.

I don't believe in absolute force monopolies.

And raping and torturing to death isn't "hurting".

That ****er isn't safe to leave loose around the women and children.

Some people should die.

I don't believe in absolute force monopolies.

I disagree, there is no reason or justification for state performed killing. The only people who should possibly die are those who pose such a danger that someone defending his/her life has no other option whatsoever.

In all seriousness, people who torture animals very often move on to assault, torture, and kill humans later.

And for that reason I wrote "kind of reactions", because you may not be a Muslim but your punishment values would not differ greatly on some issues to those of Sharia extremists.

Ad hominem.

And raping an animal (because a lower animal can never give consent to sex with a human) is not a capital crime, at least not in a country that has actual proper laws (and not religiously extremist laws). Such perverts should be treated for their twisted disorder, not killed.

this thread is not about your obsessive hatred of religion.

I am 64 yrs old, big deal. At that point I could really care less. FTW.

I disagree, there is no reason or justification for state performed killing. The only people who should possibly die are those who pose such a danger that someone defending his/her life has no other option whatsoever.

I wasn't talking about the state doing the killing.

Back
Top Bottom