• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man accused of dog's rape, murder claimed dog killed his iguana

Ad hominem.

Nonsense.

this thread is not about your obsessive hatred of religion.

No, this thread is about a crime that deserves jail time and hopefully a stint in a nuthouse because someone who rapes and kills a dog is a sick twisted psychotic nutter who needs to be treated like that.

And this thread is not about archaic views on what punishments should be or promoting Sharia/Old Testament views on punishment and sins.

I am 64 yrs old, big deal. At that point I could really care less. FTW.

OK, well, have fun in jail then if that is your attitude.

There is a good reason why murdering someone as a response to a perceived crime is wrong for 4 reasons:

1. people often shout these things for crimes that no sane person (who is not directly involved in the offense) would approve the death penalty for (and yes, that includes having sex with the dog of someone else). And of course for which no court in any sane country would convict a person to death for.
2. the risk of killing an innocent person is enormous because it is not for nothing that the law says: "Innocent until proven guilty" and not "guilty without it being proven".
3. vigilante justice is a slippery slope, you may kill someone for a perceived crime, someone else will kill you for your crime, etc. etc. etc. That is how blood feuds and vendetta's start in poorly develop and ignorant countries/civilizations/societies.
4. It is crime equal to other crimes because there is no right to vigilante justice.

I wasn't talking about the state doing the killing.

Well, then you are doubly wrong because if there is one entity that is allowed (for a good reason) to kill, it is the government/state. Be it through the military, the police force or in some states/countries through the courts, the only entity allowed to kill is the government.

People have only a right to kill to defend themselves, they are not allowed to kill in aggression or in any other situation.

Can there really be any hope of redemption for a bastard who not only hangs a dog, but "severely sexually abused" her before killing her?

Man accused of dog's rape, murder claimed dog killed his iguana | Fox News

What specifically am I missing here that would make a case for this fat lousy bastard to walk freely back among humans, forget dogs?

A man accused of raping and murdering an emotional support service dog in March allegedly told investigators in Washington state he hanged the 3-year-old pit bull mix from a tree in the forest because the animal killed his pet iguana.

James Leroy Evans, 33, posted $50,000 bail and was released from Thurston County Jail on Wednesday, where he was being held on a first-degree animal cruelty charge, Q13Fox reported. He was arrested Sunday based on a tip from a relative of the dog’s owner, The Olympian reported.

Evans confessed to officials that he killed the dog, telling authorities, “I did it! I hung her,” according to court documents viewed by The Olympian.

His next court date is April 26.

“What I know from family members is that he’s got an explosive personality,” Thurston County animal control officer Erika Johnson said. “He’s got some real anger issues.”

A biker discovered the puppy, named Diamond, hanging from the tree on March 22. Scratch marks from where the dog had struggled were evident at the scene. A veterinarian later revealed the dog had been severely sexually abused. The official cause of death was asphyxiation.

“This is probably one of the worst cases I’ve ever seen,” Johnson told The Olympian. “The degree of violence that animal went through before her death, I really couldn’t wrap my mind around it.”

This is why we shouldn't let humans use the little dogs' room.

You can't murder a dog. A dog is not a person.

Who the hell cares what kind of animal it is. Killing a dog like that is premeditated murder and deserves punishment of some kind. The excuse he gave was lame too, dogs are predator animals and that puppy was only doing what his instincts told him to do. Raising an iguana in Wash. State is cruel too. They need tropical warmth and sunlight to survive and that State has neither. I think the dog did that iguana a favor by putting him out of his misery.

Last edited:
I am not a Muslim and I have never promoted Sharia law. I request that you retract this libel.

Engaging in sexual activity (I don't care if it's "consensual") with an animal should be a capital crime. Such debased perverts shpuld not be allowed to live.

Why the morbid obsession with sexual acts? Oh I forgot you are very religious....

This thread is not about your obsessive hatred of religion.

This thread is also not about your fake accusation that I hate religion. I am religion critical and everybody is free to be that.

This thread is also not about your fake accusation that I hate religion. I am religion critical and everybody is free to be that.

When you bring it up in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with it, that indicates an obsession.

Well, then you are doubly wrong because if there is one entity that is allowed (for a good reason) to kill, it is the government/state. Be it through the military, the police force or in some states/countries through the courts, the only entity allowed to kill is the government.

People have only a right to kill to defend themselves, they are not allowed to kill in aggression or in any other situation.

Which leads to license for assholes when its all said and done.

Plus the passing on of asshole genes.

Seems to me that the dog was worth far more than this bastard ever could amount to.
We don't have strict enough penalties for sadists like this, and those who think "it is just an animal" should do some serious soul searching.

When you bring it up in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with it, that indicates an obsession.

Well, if you proclaim archaic unrealistic and insane punishment for crimes you move close to the old testament and Sharia (because there you normally find such kind of punishments for all kind of crimes that no civilized country would find worthy of the death penalty).

And perhaps I am very easily annoyed by archaic points of views (especially around punishment) but that is not the same thing as an obsession.

Which leads to license for assholes when its all said and done.

Plus the passing on of asshole genes.

No, it does not lead to a license, nobody said do not punish and it is not down to you or me what genes get passed or else I know loads of genes that possibly should never have been passed but as we all know, the sins of the father/mother are rarely the sins of the son/daughter. Being an asshole is not genetic.

Well, if you proclaim archaic unrealistic and insane punishment for crimes you move close to the old testament and Sharia (because there you normally find such kind of punishments for all kind of crimes that no civilized country would find worthy of the death penalty).

And perhaps I am very easily annoyed by archaic points of views (especially around punishment) but that is not the same thing as an obsession.

The obsession is indicated by the fact that you bring up religion whenever you are annoyed.

You've done this on numerous threads, where no one was talking about religion until you started going on about it.

The obsession is indicated by the fact that you bring up religion whenever you are annoyed.

You've done this on numerous threads, where no one was talking about religion until you started going on about it.

Sure, I have done this in numerous threads :roll:. I cannot help it if you are anti-religion obsessed. And usually I do not bring it up in cases where it has nothing to do with the subject (I may occasionally but usually it is a response to a specific comment).

No, it does not lead to a license, nobody said do not punish and it is not down to you or me what genes get passed or else I know loads of genes that possibly should never have been passed but as we all know, the sins of the father/mother are rarely the sins of the son/daughter. Being an asshole is not genetic.

Amoral acquisitiveness is ABSOLUTELY genetic. The member of ANY species with the best access to resources is the most likely to reproduce.

And since power is also pro-survival in social species, aggression is also genetic.

Lots of "wrong" isn't illegal. So being an asshole doesn't often rise to.the level of criminal or civilly actionable. So the bastards swing their dicks around, knowing the cops will come and save them if their assholery gets them punched in the face.

Amoral acquisitiveness is ABSOLUTELY genetic. The member of ANY species with the best access to resources is the most likely to reproduce.

And since power is also pro-survival in social species, aggression is also genetic.

Lots of "wrong" isn't illegal. So being an asshole doesn't often rise to.the level of criminal or civilly actionable. So the bastards swing their dicks around, knowing the cops will come and save them if their assholery gets them punched in the face.

Killing off people just because of their genetic is about immoral and wrong as one can get. Killing someone just because they did a crime you think should preclude them from having kids is insane, because what are you going to do with the children he already had? Castrate and neuter them so that they cannot spread their genetically inferior genes through the gene pool?

And even if aggression is genetic? What would that mean for armies? If you kill off all the people with a genetic ability to aggression, you neuter the armed forces where people need a healthy dose of aggression in the battlefield.

Also, people are not just their genes. A person with aggressive genes could be as peaceful as can be due to the genes of his mother and the nurturing of that mother. Sorry, but eugenics is a creepy and immoral way to think.

OK, well, have fun in jail then if that is your attitude.

There is a good reason why murdering someone as a response to a perceived crime is wrong for 4 reasons:

1. people often shout these things for crimes that no sane person (who is not directly involved in the offense) would approve the death penalty for (and yes, that includes having sex with the dog of someone else). And of course for which no court in any sane country would convict a person to death for.
2. the risk of killing an innocent person is enormous because it is not for nothing that the law says: "Innocent until proven guilty" and not "guilty without it being proven".
3. vigilante justice is a slippery slope, you may kill someone for a perceived crime, someone else will kill you for your crime, etc. etc. etc. That is how blood feuds and vendetta's start in poorly develop and ignorant countries/civilizations/societies.
4. It is crime equal to other crimes because there is no right to vigilante justice.

First of all, just let me say I am not an aggressive violent person. I do not get into road rage and am usually the car that will let you in to a traffic lane.
Am quite involved in volunteering in my community and helping in my neighborhood.
With that said, i am also very protective of the ones I love. The act described in this thread is very, very rare.
Am certain my dog would give his life if there was an attack on me. He also trusts me to take care of him with proper nutrition and right decisions about his medical care.
If someone did that to my dog I would get to you. To torture someone who trusts me so much you would unleash 10,000 hornets on your ass. I have no fear of doing the time for the crime.

First of all, just let me say I am not an aggressive violent person. I do not get into road rage and am usually the car that will let you in to a traffic lane.
Am quite involved in volunteering in my community and helping in my neighborhood.
With that said, i am also very protective of the ones I love. The act described in this thread is very, very rare.
Am certain my dog would give his life if there was an attack on me. He also trusts me to take care of him with proper nutrition and right decisions about his medical care.
If someone did that to my dog I would get to you. To torture someone who trusts me so much you would unleash 10,000 hornets on your ass. I have no fear of doing the time for the crime.

I did not say you were a violent person, but killing someone for the acts someone did to your dog is absolutely unreasonable. Because as said, there is the risk of getting the wrong person, the risk of jail and the immorality of self justice. People who commit self justice like the one you propose should be jailed for a very very very long time because they are a clear and present danger to society.

You can dress it up all you want, but you propose murder for something that no sane person would say is worthy of a death sentence.

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you on this issue because what you say you would do it is one of the most immoral things a person can do (murder that is).

Who the hell cares what kind of animal it is. Killing a dog like that is premeditated murder and deserves punishment of some kind. The excuse he gave was lame too, dogs are predator animals and that puppy was only doing what his instincts told him to do. Raising an iguana in Wash. State is cruel too. They need tropical warmth and sunlight to survive and that State has neither. I think the dog did that iguana a favor by putting him out of his misery.

While it deserves punishment of some kind, it is essentially a property crime as dogs are property, not people. It's not murder.

While it deserves punishment of some kind, it is essentially a property crime as dogs are property, not people. It's not murder.

A dog is a living being and most often a treasured companion. Being civilized, we also have laws against animal cruelty so no they are not just "property". You obviously are not a dog owner....what a pity..

A dog is a living being and most often a treasured companion. Being civilized, we also have laws against animal cruelty so no they are not just "property". You obviously are not a dog owner....what a pity..

Dogs are living creatures, and are often treasured companions. We do have laws against animal cruelty, but that doesn't mean that they are not property. Animals are still property even if we make laws against abusing them. I didn't say that the laws are improper, but you cannot murder property.

Whether property or not, or murder or not, this story makes me extremely sad. The dog died a horrible death, and companion dogs are usually SO sensitized to human needs that they experience human behavior at a deeper level. I hope if there's a doggy heaven that she made it there.

And I hope that this creepo who would rape, torture and kill a defenseless animal does some time plus gets some serious psychiatric observation for his psychopathic behavior. Anyone who would do this to a dog could do it to a human.

Back
Top Bottom