• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Male Texas teen suspended from school for wearing nail polish

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A high schooler in Texas is accusing his school of a “double standard” for male students after he was given an in-school suspension for wearing nail polish to class.

Trevor Wilkinson, a senior at Clyde High School in Clyde, Texas, received the suspension measure after returning to school following the Thanksgiving holiday with his nails painted.

"Imagine your school not allowing boys to paint their nails and giving boys iss for it," he tweeted Monday. "And the whole administration being okay with it, homophobic and sexist? welcome to west Texas."
=================================================
The stars at night are big & bright...

I wonder if they're enforcing what they should be regarding Covid-19.

Our high school treats young guys like men.They can wear ear rings.

A high schooler in Texas is accusing his school of a “double standard” for male students after he was given an in-school suspension for wearing nail polish to class.

Trevor Wilkinson, a senior at Clyde High School in Clyde, Texas, received the suspension measure after returning to school following the Thanksgiving holiday with his nails painted.

"Imagine your school not allowing boys to paint their nails and giving boys iss for it," he tweeted Monday. "And the whole administration being okay with it, homophobic and sexist? welcome to west Texas."

Good. Men should not wear feminine makeup. It is disordered

This is truly unbelievable.

Trumpism is sick. A perversion of humanity.

LOL

I hate to break this to you, but makeup is neither male or female. Any such determinations are cultural; there is nothing even remotely essential or inherent about it. It is no more "disordered" for a male to wear nail polish than for a female.

Utter silliness. I am fine with a dress code. I don't see a point to two different dress codes.

That is stupid. It's just paint, if he wants to do it, fine. Bonus if it looks good. Texas....grrr

Yea exactly... all those military men who wear makeup during operations need to be fired. Gayness has no business in the military.

I'd say its better than a tattoo, you can always remove nail polish....

I expressed my opinion today via an email to the principal and asst-principal of Clyde High School.

IMO, the Code of Conduct at Clyde High School does not reconcile with clearly established Freedom of Expression Federal case precedents.

Viva Trevor Wilkinson's protest! Shame on the Clyde High School administrators for suspending him!

Thats just bizarre... but not unexpected

Update on Trevor Wilkinson:

Consider watching some of the video when Trevor addresses the School Board. Rock on Trevor! He plans on going to law school.

I support Trevor's mission. I hope he (with parental help, if necessary) files a lawsuit. The school policy, IMO, clearly violates established Federal Law.

Men have worn rings in their ears and other parts for thousands of years, crack a book some time, those you haven't burn.
People like him judge men by how much crap they can talk while swinging their dicks.

Where is the texas gop and base to support his right of free speech?

Back
Top Bottom