• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Male or Female

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Could we add this description on our viewed information, as it is for location, and other important facts. I often find myself not knowing the gender, and this would help in discussion, IMO. If you don't wish to acknowledge that, fine, but I do feel it would help, even in the smallest ways, like saying responding, yes Sir, or yes Madam.

I wrote this not too long ago in the "Tips for debate"...Maybe this'll guide more members to it...:cool:

PERSONAL PROFILE - Try to provide as much information as possible. Many members don't even know when to say "he" or "she" when mentioning you...Showing your gender, age, and a little bit about yourself will get the other members of this forum to know where you’re coming from…We even have a "Member pic thread" if you would like everyone to know what you look like.

If you are including an avatar or a custom user title, be as creative as you want, but resist the urge to use something that is offensive not only to all people in general, but also offensive to others' political affiliation. Having something which offends a group or party shows the other members that having an objective debate with you isn't likely.

cnredd said:
I wrote this not too long ago in the "Tips for debate"...Maybe this'll guide more members to it...:cool:

PERSONAL PROFILE - Try to provide as much information as possible. Many members don't even know when to say "he" or "she" when mentioning you...Showing your gender, age, and a little bit about yourself will get the other members of this forum to know where you’re coming from…We even have a "Member pic thread" if you would like everyone to know what you look like.

If you are including an avatar or a custom user title, be as creative as you want, but resist the urge to use something that is offensive not only to all people in general, but also offensive to others' political affiliation. Having something which offends a group or party shows the other members that having an objective debate with you isn't likely.

I appreciate that, but I guess I was hoping for the description under the avatar, so one does not have to research their profile everytime. I understand I may sound lazy, but in the heat of exchange, I just find I don't look to that option. Again, if you insist on remaining undeclared in this category, I understand, there are a lot of perverts here:lol: , but I just thought that helpful.;)

Deegan said:
I appreciate that, but I guess I was hoping for the description under the avatar, so one does not have to research their profile everytime. I understand I may sound lazy, but in the heat of exchange, I just find I don't look to that option. Again, if you insist on remaining undeclared in this category, I understand, there are a lot of perverts here:lol: , but I just thought that helpful.;)
There may also be perverts who write "female" when they're really not...

So declaring it doesn't make it the truth...:shock:

ptsdkid has "male" down as gender...I don't believe it...:2wave:

cnredd said:

Obsessions aside, lol, if you do put down a gender, you can't very well say, excuse me sir, I'm a miss, of vice versa.;)

cnredd said:

lol....personally, I'm not sure he's as old as he says he is.....just something about the way he writes reminds me very much of a teenage boy.....

Stace said:
lol....personally, I'm not sure he's as old as he says he is.....just something about the way he writes reminds me very much of a teenage boy.....
A retarded teenage boy...

on heroin...

Not a bad idea for members that wish to disclose their gender on posts. It could be small and unobtrusive such as....

Female = F or ♀ (female ordinal sign)

Male = M or ♂ (male ordinal sign)

~Tashah~ (♀ Þ) ;)

Tashah said:
Not a bad idea for members that wish to disclose their gender on posts. It could be small and unobtrusive such as....

Female = F or ♀ (female ordinal sign)

Male = M or ♂ (male ordinal sign)

~Tashah~ (♀ Þ) ;)

Exactly, I am glad we agree.

~Brian~ ♂ ;)

Stace said:

****Thanks Trace for thinking that I'm younger than my curmudgeon age specifies. You would probably take me as a 20 year old if you were to see my current picture. I would post a picture, but I'm afraid some of the married women here would start to drool over the good looks.

ptsdkid said:
****Thanks Trace for thinking that I'm younger than my curmudgeon age specifies. You would probably take me as a 20 year old if you were to see my current picture. I would post a picture, but I'm afraid some of the married women here would start to drool over the good looks.

Don't bother trying to flatter yourself....it's certainly not flattering when people think you're a 15 year old high school freshman that can't get a girl, so spends all of his time making up aliases to post on political forums under.

cnredd said:

Good point. Some people (not you, redd) have GOP elephants in their avatar, but we all know better. ;)

There yah go! :)

vauge said:

Thank you sir, I am going to do the same on my site, I think it will be a great addition to the forum, and clear up many misunderstandings.;)

vauge said:
Thanks for implementing that vauge... a nice informational touch!

Tashah ♀ ;)

vauge said:

I would like to thank you, too.

Especially inasmuch as I am now approaching that stage in life where I appreciate the fact that mine shows me in full, prideful assention just like the young fellows here.

Gardener said:
I would like to thank you, too.

Especially inasmuch as I am now approaching that stage in life where I appreciate the fact that mine shows me in full, prideful assention just like the young fellows here.

haha - indeed!

Back
Top Bottom