• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Male Opt Out Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Men need to be able to opt out of Child Support if they do not want to be a father (legally). The woman can use her legal Constitutional right to birth control if she does not want to or can not support the child on her own. (Of course there are some exceptions).

She informs him of pregnancy. He makes hos choice. She retains 100% bodily autonomy and then makes her choice to abort or not.

Forcing him to pay for her choice to not abort is akin to involuntary servitude. Yes, the Courts ruled on this but the Courts are wrong and laws can and thankfully do change. Without the law he could just walk away. That means that the idiotic counter arguments that state that he made his choice when he chose to ejaculate are stupid. It is the law and only the law that forces him to pay for her choice.

If the laws were fair she would know that he had an opt out prior to sex as well and she would then be able to make a choice that best suits her... and MOST IMPORTANTLY.. the child.

I find that almost all of these arguments that want to make the man a slave to the woman are selfish ones about what the woman wants and not what is best for the child. Hypocrisy.

Thoughts?

Men need to be able to opt out of Child Support if they do not want to be a father (legally). The woman can use her legal Constitutional right to birth control if she does not want to or can not support the child on her own. (Of course there are some exceptions).

She informs him of pregnancy. He makes hos choice. She retains 100% bodily autonomy and then makes her choice to abort or not.

Forcing him to pay for her choice to not abort is akin to involuntary servitude. Yes, the Courts ruled on this but the Courts are wrong and laws can and thankfully do change. Without the law he could just walk away. That means that the idiotic counter arguments that state that he made his choice when he chose to ejaculate are stupid. It is the law and only the law that forces him to pay for her choice.

Thoughts?

You seriously need to rerun this topic? lol...

women have every right to take all the child support they need

So you think that women can have kids against men's wishes and then just screw them over for money?

So you think that women can have kids against men's wishes and then just screw them over for money?

yes it is their right as women to conceive. if the man isnt man enough to conveice with her...dont hook up with her

yes it is their right as women to conceive. if the man isnt man enough to conveice with her...dont hook up with her

so your argument is that women are virtuous every time they get pregnant and that men that don't want a kid are not real men?

this can't honestly be the post of a person that thought about this topic at all...

Gotta agree with our man biglawnmower here.

You being serious BLM?

so your argument is that women are virtuous every time they get pregnant and that men that don't want a kid are not real men?

this can't honestly be the post of a person that thought about this topic at all...

why would the man hookup with her if he was against havin a kid with her? unless youre sayin he was tricked for instance she said she was on BC but lied

lol...yep, this is a rerun, alright. Already being deriding those who believe in the status quo, as if your idea was perfectly sound and logical.

Ah well, maybe you'll get it this time around.

Have fun! :)

why would the man hookup with her if he was against havin a kid with her? unless youre sayin he was tricked for instance she said she was on BC but lied

So you think that sex is for procreation only then?

lol...yep, this is a rerun, alright. Already being deriding those who believe in the status quo, as if your idea was perfectly sound and logical.

Ah well, maybe you'll get it this time around.

Have fun! :)

It is perfectly logical and sound... that is what makes it so great.

So you think that sex is for procreation only then?

if you have unprotected sex and dont know if shes on birth control or not, thats your fault not hers.

you need to be informed on what youre doing

if you have unprotected sex and dont know if shes on birth control or not, thats your fault not hers.

This is turning into a Red Herring... the topic is about the man having post conception rights... not whether or not she gets pregnant. What you are saying is that once she gets pregnant he, should she want it, is her involuntary servant for 18 years of money. Condemn breaks. **** him. She lies about BC. **** him. Seriously? That is your argument?

It is perfectly logical and sound... that is what makes it so great.

:lamo Uh huh.

I see Agent J is in the peanut gallery now, too, so I'm outta here before I get dinged demerit points. I don't have the room...lol... Hi Agent J! :2wave:

Men can never know if the woman is on birth control.

We may or may not have her claim.

That is all.

If the laws were fair she would know that he had an opt out prior to sex as well and she would then be able to make a choice that best suits her... and MOST IMPORTANTLY.. the child.

I find that almost all of these arguments that want to make the man a slave to the woman are selfish ones about what the woman wants and not what is best for the child. Hypocrisy.

Thoughts?

Well this topic has come up many times and my stance has been the same for years so ill just copy it from another thread:

Ill say the same thing I say everytime this topic comes up

Currently the parental laws are unfair, unjust and unequal.

How it should work for BOTH parties is like this.

Since the woman has the right to abort, I like using the abortion time frame of 24 weeks because its logical.
Start with the woman

Once the woman is pregnant she has the right to abort, if she is aborting, thats that and i would NEVER infringe on that right in general.

If she is not aborting or not sure, she has to notify the father by at the latest by the 16 week mark, in return the man must decided if he wants to keep or negate his rights by the 20 week mark still giving the woman time to abort

She can now:
choose to negate her rights, giving the child up for adoption/the state. (If the father wants custody and did not choose to negate his rights he of course has first choice)
choose to keep her rights and custody can be agreed upon or arbitrated in court with the father

For the man
He must be notified by the 16 week mark, if he is not then of course the enforced time frame response of 20 weeks is now void and he gets at least 4 weeks after notification to decide.

he can now:
choose to negate his rights, giving the child up for adoption/the state. (or the mother keeps custody if she wanted it)
choose to keep his rights and custody can be agreed upon or arbitrated in court with the father

if either part negates said rights they are negated for good unless the party with custody chooses to make it otherwise or extreme circumstances. Death, abuse etc.

Under this system its about as equal as it gets, both parties get to choose to keep or negate their parental rights and nothing is forced.

Yep that about sums it up.... basic common sense, fairness, legal equality, and probably generates the best environment. Nobody has ever been able to argue against this with anything logical that is based on legal fairness and equality.

Well this topic has come up many times and my stance has been the same for years so ill just copy it from another thread:

Yep that about sums it up.... basic common sense, fairness, legal equality, and probably generates the best environment. Nobody has ever been able to argue against this with anything logical that is based on legal fairness and equality.

I'll just add that to the OP.

This is turning into a Red Herring... the topic is about the man having post conception rights... not whether or not she gets pregnant. What you are saying is that once she gets pregnant he, should she want it, is her involuntary servant for 18 years of money. Condemn breaks. **** him. She lies about BC. **** him. Seriously? That is your argument?

i see youre now deflecting like a child. after i answered your question... you were terrified of the rational point.

troll on lil fella

i see youre now deflecting like a child. after i answered your question... you were terrified of the rational point.

troll on lil fella

That is not deflecting by any definition of the term... and all I am trying to do is to understand where your intellectual fail begins so that I can help you understand the actual argument so that you might learn something. :shrug:

That is not deflecting by any definition of the term... and all I am trying to do is to understand where your intellectual fail begins so that I can help you understand the actual argument so that you might learn something. :shrug:

the only fail was you bein given a rational response and you just then dismissed it. troll tactic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom