• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Male birth control pill created

Orion

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Scientists invent first male contraceptive pill - Telegraph

Some highlights:

* "Researchers in Israel have finally been able to create a oral pill that deactivates sperm before they reach the womb."

* "It only needs to be to be taken once every three months."

* "Removes a vital protein in sperm that is required for a woman to conceive." (No hormones)

* "Researchers believe they have a pill that is 100% effective at stopping pregnancy."

* "No side effects as suffered by women who take the contraceptive pill."

Scientists invent first male contraceptive pill - Telegraph

Some highlights:

* "Researchers in Israel have finally been able to create a oral pill that deactivates sperm before they reach the womb."

* "It only needs to be to be taken once every three months."

* "Removes a vital protein in sperm that is required for a woman to conceive." (No hormones)

* "Researchers believe they have a pill that is 100% effective at stopping pregnancy."

* "No side effects as suffered by women who take the contraceptive pill."
Interesting, the last I read on the issue they were still a while off from a complete product. This looks promising yet I still don't want to be "that guy" who relies on it too early and ends up paying child support.

Interesting, the last I read on the issue they were still a while off from a complete product. This looks promising yet I still don't want to be "that guy" who relies on it too early and ends up paying child support.

I'd be more concerned with permanent damage that causes infertility.

Seriously, if this works like they say, every guy I date is taking this.

A big drawback against men being in control of fertility is the fear they would forget to take a pill.
Polls have repeatedly shown wives and partners do not trust their men to remember to pop a pill every day.

Well, if men are anything like women...

I'd be more concerned with permanent damage that causes infertility.
It's only a problem if you want kids I would guess. I'm still on the fence on that one.

Seriously, if this works like they say, every guy I date is taking this.

Seconded.

Although even if this was taken, I'd still do everything else.
I would take the pill and insist he wore a condom, I'm paranoid like that.

Well, if men are anything like women...

Yeah - I'd trust my husband to pop a pill every day.

however- note it says that "It only needs to be to be taken once every three months." - so it's not every day, anyway . . or even once a week.

Now - trusting a guy someone might semi-know when they say "don't worry baby, I'm on the pill" is a different story :)

Another big drawback is that men could say to women that they took the pill when they in fact didn't. At least with the female BCP you take it daily and so you could present the packet to prove you're on it. Men take it once every 3 month so there is no evidence that they're even on it.

Yeah - I'd trust my husband to pop a pill every day.

however- note it says that "It only needs to be to be taken once every three months." - so it's not every day, anyway . . or even once a week.

Now - trusting a guy someone might semi-know when they say "don't worry baby, I'm on the pill" is a different story :)

True, if I'm just looking for casual sex, its the pill, and a condom. But if I'm in a stable relationship, and he only has to take the pill once every three months, then you better believe he's taking it.

Another big drawback is that men could say to women that they took the pill when they in fact didn't. At least with the female BCP you take it daily and so you could present the packet to prove you're on it. Men take it once every 3 month so there is no evidence that they're even on it.

If you suspect that a person may lie to you about something as simple as that, why would you even trust them enough to WANT to sleep with them in the first place? :doh

If you suspect that a person may lie to you about something as simple as that, why would you even trust them enough to WANT to sleep with them in the first place? :doh

There are a lot of stupid people out there.

On a twisted note: How funny would it be to hear the men finally telling the women "don't worry baby.....I'm on the pill."?

Sorry, since when was trust ever a issue when it came to men and sex?

Best word of advise you can ever give someone:

USE CONDOMS

Cause birth control pills wont stop AIDS (and just to be 100% too).

Last edited:
I'm not going to hold my breath, since I've heard claims of people inventing male birth control before and they haven't panned out. If it really works and they bring it to market that'll be great. My wife and I aren't quite ready to have kids yet and she doesn't do well on birth control, so I'd definitely use them.

Yeah because men just love to trick women into getting pregnant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom