• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Making Money Off Presidential Elections

foadi

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
2016 looks like it will be a blockbuster year as far as campaign finance goes. Billions will be spent to sway a few thousand people in a select few states. Just wondering if any of ya'll have any ideas on how to get some of that moniez? In the past I have mostly done small time stuff during the lead up to federal elections (voter outreach for GOP during midterms, selling political merchandise on the rally trail during presidentials, etc) but I would like to step it up a notch next year. Every election cycle we see new companies get six or seven figure contracts to essentially do nothing. I've worked on enough campaigns to know that there is almost no oversight and the vast majority of the money is either wasted or ends up with the top people. So what do you guise think? What's the best way to get some of the Koch brothers millions they're going to blow?

2016 looks like it will be a blockbuster year as far as campaign finance goes. Billions will be spent to sway a few thousand people in a select few states. Just wondering if any of ya'll have any ideas on how to get some of that moniez? In the past I have mostly done small time stuff during the lead up to federal elections (voter outreach for GOP during midterms, selling political merchandise on the rally trail during presidentials, etc) but I would like to step it up a notch next year. Every election cycle we see new companies get six or seven figure contracts to essentially do nothing. I've worked on enough campaigns to know that there is almost no oversight and the vast majority of the money is either wasted or ends up with the top people. So what do you guise think? What's the best way to get some of the Koch brothers millions they're going to blow?

Bid on printing contracts and then subcontract imagep to do the actual work.

Bid on printing contracts and then subcontract imagep to do the actual work.
Seems like that would be a difficult industry to break into. Not something the major campaign management companies shop around for. For example, my day job is at a ballot access related firm in CA, and among the six major contractors we deal with that get statewide work, four of them use the same printing house.

Seems like that would be a difficult industry to break into. Not something the major campaign management companies shop around for. For example, my day job is at a ballot access related firm in CA, and among the six major contractors we deal with that get statewide work, four of them use the same printing house.

Probably. Depends on your location and your skills. If you are in LA, probably not much. The DNC wants your city's donations but that is about it. If you want to be on the campaign side, you have to move to DC.

Probably. Depends on your location and your skills. If you are in LA, probably not much. The DNC wants your city's donations but that is about it. If you want to be on the campaign side, you have to move to DC.
Good point, hadn't thought of that. Mostly deal with state-level politics in my line of work so CA is the place to be. Not interested in working for any of the campaigns themselves, just want to get money from the ridiculous super PAC's somehow.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Mostly deal with state-level politics in my line of work so CA is the place to be. Not interested in working for any of the campaigns themselves, just want to get money from the ridiculous super PAC's somehow.

Start a local broadcast TV station whose only content is people calling in commenting on the local news and bitching about local people; force your way onto local cable and then sell 60% of your broadcast time to people to run anti-whoever ads and 30% to churches and churchless ministries. More or less what a station in my area did.

If you really want to make money off of elections then you need to join a political consulting firm- they will give you a salary and get you contacts with PACs and politicians that you will need to go up the ladder. Its all about networking and knowing the right people.

If you really want to make money off of elections then you need to join a political consulting firm- they will give you a salary and get you contacts with PACs and politicians that you will need to go up the ladder. Its all about networking and knowing the right people.
I technically already work for a political consultant firm though PoS. You know that lol.

The only way I can see making serious bank is starting my own company. Sick of running other ppls companies. Just don't see any potential in middle-management. I mean it's a reasonable paycheck, but you're not going to get rich from it. Just need to find my own niche and start a new company.

I know networking is key. Unfortunately I am going to have to start with a clean slate there. All my contacts that have any connection to national politics consider me too irresponsible to even be a direct vendor in my own industry.

I technically already work for a political consultant firm though PoS. You know that lol.
Panda Political Consultants? Thats kinda like your one man show right? :lol:

The only way I can see making serious bank is starting my own company. Sick of running other ppls companies. Just don't see any potential in middle-management. I mean it's a reasonable paycheck, but you're not going to get rich from it. Just need to find my own niche and start a new company.

I know networking is key. Unfortunately I am going to have to start with a clean slate there. All my contacts that have any connection to national politics consider me too irresponsible to even be a direct vendor in my own industry.

Yeah, I think you would need to choose a side, find a Dem or GOP frontrunner and start work as a volunteer or intern and show them that you are responsible enough to get a promotion. Its a grind I know but you gotta start from the bottom- unless of course you know someone that can get you in at the paid level already. Only when youve finally got cash and a rep should you start your own company.

Panda Political Consultants? Thats kinda like your one man show right? :lol:
lol, kind of. Aside from a couple local medical marijuana petitions and local/state level candidate qualification, haven't done much of anything under Panda. It's more of an inside joke among my friends. I was referring to the main company I work at, which I don't own, just run day to day operations.

Yeah, I think you would need to choose a side, find a Dem or GOP frontrunner and start work as a volunteer or intern and show them that you are responsible enough to get a promotion. Its a grind I know but you gotta start from the bottom- unless of course you know someone that can get you in at the paid level already. Only when youve finally got cash and a rep should you start your own company.
I already do paid campaign work, and while I don't have the connections to start getting my own contracts on stuff, I definitely have the connections in the GOP to get campaign work. Not interested in middle management though. Pay is very low. Not interesting in making $5k/month, when you consider all the hours you are putting in you aren't making ****. Can make twice that just selling buttons on your own or some ****.

I have a year to think about it. I'm going to try to find a niche to make mah millionz next election cycle.

Ok getting started a little early in this cycle, just placed an order for 2500 buttons and 1000 bumper stickers.

Hillary Clinton for President 2016 campaign buttons and stickers

gonna try to milk the **** out of the pride festivals in june. their designs suck tho, think I'm gonna need to buy my own button maker again. anyone know a good source for cheap custom tshirts if purchased in bulk?

anyone have any other ideas on how to make moniez off the 2016 election?

Ok getting started a little early in this cycle, just placed an order for 2500 buttons and 1000 bumper stickers.

gonna try to milk the **** out of the pride festivals in june. their designs suck tho, think I'm gonna need to buy my own button maker again. anyone know a good source for cheap custom tshirts if purchased in bulk?

Why not make buttons for everyone, such as Rand Paul, Cruz and Rubio too?

Why not make buttons for everyone, such as Rand Paul, Cruz and Rubio too?
1. People get upset when you try to sell buttons from multiple parties. Make more focusing on one party.
2. Too many Repubs in the field right now and none of them have much support outside the base
3. Mostly plan on being in liberal areas for the next few months. Working a conservative issue in eastern Washington at the moment and plan on working a gun show this weekend but after that I think I am headed over to Seattle where I will have better luck with Hillary crap.

I have purchased printed tshirts in inapparel (dot) net very good custom shirts, you should try it

I have purchased printed tshirts in inapparel.net very good custom shirts, you should try it

Dupe post

Last edited:

Make yourself a PAC. Then upgrade it to super PAC. Its just simply filling out a couple forms. When the election is over you can keep the surplus. Legally. You can watch Steven Colbert and Jon Stewart do a bit on this and Steven made a super PAC and had a lawyer advise him on the show on what to do and what he could legally get away with. It is remarkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy7TUtlPmqk

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/vide...ac---coordination-resolution-with-jon-stewart

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom