• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Making John Durham a special counsel will cause problems for Biden

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Durham however is now a Special Counsel and his replacement or the termination of his investigation would be viewed as an obstructive act*. Indeed, when Trump even suggested such a course of action, he was accused of obstruction** by a host of Democratic politicians and legal experts.

As most of you can imagine, the Democrats have been laying the groundwork to quietly end the Durham investigation. This publicity stated appointment of Durham being a Special Counsel makes it very hard to end it without creating exactly what they accused Trump of for even suggesting such a course of action. Trump was accused of obstruction by a host of Democratic politicians and legal experts, and “not cleared” by Mueller. I wonder if Durham will use the new “not cleared” standard as the third breast of Lady Justice in this go around?

In fairness, I question the ability of justice to overcome the forces of Big Social censorship and deep pockets. Their Biden incentive is to dilute anti trust actions. Who would blame them. The wild card, IMO is the media. They are looking for a lifeline, and I don’t see circling the wagons around an incumbent as much of a paycheck.

* & ** What Mueller tried to get Trump on and failed.

The rules have changed. If enough people on the side of the person being investigated arbitrarily decide that the investigation is illegitimate, then it's perfectly legal and ethical to obstruct it and then launch a counter investigation of the investigators and search for any possible evidence of wrongdoing. The party is more important than law and order or country. Haven't you been paying attention?

As most of you can imagine, the Democrats have been laying the groundwork to quietly end the Durham investigation. This publicity stated appointment of Durham being a Special Counsel makes it very hard to end it without creating exactly what they accused Trump of for even suggesting such a course of action. Trump was accused of obstruction by a host of Democratic politicians and legal experts, and “not cleared” by Mueller. I wonder if Durham will use the new “not cleared” standard as the third breast of Lady Justice in this go around?

In fairness, I question the ability of justice to overcome the forces of Big Social censorship and deep pockets. Their Biden incentive is to dilute anti trust actions. Who would blame them. The wild card, IMO is the media. They are looking for a lifeline, and I don’t see circling the wagons around an incumbent as much of a paycheck.

* & ** What Mueller tried to get Trump on and failed.

His appointment violates the DOJ promulgated regulations on special counsels. It will be trivial to remove him if the new AG chooses to do so...

Back
Top Bottom