• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Makes me so damned mad . . .

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I've been taking mom with me to get a pedicure to the same salon for three years. For both of us, the shop gets $80-$90. Now, mom can't make it onto the pedicure 'throne' because she can't get up the step. So I called to make sure they could still do it.

"No, we wouldn't be able to."

"Can't you just put her in a regular chair with a small plastic dishtub that costs $2 at the Dollar Store? Hell, I could bring it with me."

"No, we'd have to have a way to raise her feet off the ground."

Unfreakin' believable.

THAT'S why businesses fail.

I called two other salons that said the same thing. Finally, a third one said they could cut and polish her toes but not cut her cuticles. We'll go there.

But honestly? Don't people want to make money today? Don't people think outside the box?? I thought this was a shew-in. Boy. Wrong again.

What complete aholes. I would think they would have said "Bring her in, we'll make it work somehow and she will leave happy."

Maybe you didn't talk to the owner. We live in an era where the customer's role is to try to make the sullen, rude clerk feel better.

Last edited:
I've been taking mom with me to get a pedicure to the same salon for three years. For both of us, the shop gets $80-$90. Now, mom can't make it onto the pedicure 'throne' because she can't get up the step. So I called to make sure they could still do it.

"Can't you just put her in a regular chair with a small plastic dishtub that costs $2 at the Dollar Store? Hell, I could bring it with me."

Unfreakin' believable.

I called two other salons that said the same thing. Finally, a third one said they could cut and polish her toes but not cut her cuticles. We'll go there.

But honestly? Don't people want to make money today? Don't people think outside the box?? I thought this was a shew-in. Boy. Wrong again.

bring the beauty saloon to your house for once for mom

she would feel happy l think

Unfreakin' believable.

Seriously?

I don't know about your area but out here all the nail salons are run by Vietnamese and they'll just call their husbands to haul her into the chair if they figure to make a buck. It's like a female mafia thing.

Do what I do with my grandma - tell her you went and she enjoyed it.

Makes life easier.

***posting to piss Maggie off***

What complete aholes. I would think they would have said "Bring her in, we'll make it work somehow and she will leave happy."

Woot, there it is!!! Absolutely what I expected. I was shocked, I tell ya'. (I even called back just to make sure he understood me...)

It ain't Burger King, sweetheart. Can't have it your way.

Unfreakin' believable.

Jeez, my wife gets a mani/pedi for $30. For the kind of money you're paying I assume they suck your toes after the pedicure.

Jeez, my wife gets a mani/pedi for $30. For the kind of money you're paying I assume they suck your toes after the pedicure.

She gets BOTH for 30? Damn, does she have INS information on the workers or incriminating photos?

Unfreakin' believable.

Frankly they have chairs at salons that do in fact lift people up and down, it is how they cut hair.
Perhaps You could tell them this is a new market that they could use.
An old barber chair in front of the tub, less than mobile person sits in chair from the side,
chair is jacked up and rotated over tub, feet lowered in.
Thus capturing the blue hair market:)

Seriously Maggie, Check with come of the independent living facilities in your
area, and see who they use. You could phrase the question as a query about the facility.

No. They're Vietnamese. Arpaio is only interested in Hispanics.

Well I assumed that they were Asians. There's some major Asian trafficking going on too. I just hope they don't track down my "happy ending" girl. It takes too long to build that kind of trust. I don't know how to say "I'm not a cop" in Korean.

Frankly they have chairs at salons that do in fact lift people up and down, it is how they cut hair.
Perhaps You could tell them this is a new market that they could use.
An old barber chair in front of the tub, less than mobile person sits in chair from the side,
chair is jacked up and rotated over tub, feet lowered in.
Thus capturing the blue hair market:)

Are you an entrepreneur? You should be. See, that's the kind of thinking that entrepreneurs use. Excellent idea. Not for them, unfortunately, because they're idiots. But absolutely a market worth exploring.

Seriously Maggie, Check with come of the independent living facilities in your
area, and see who they use. You could phrase the question as a query about the facility.

^^This is an excellent idea. Thank you, I'm going to do just that.

My mother-in-law is paralyzed from waist down. I can't tell you how many times I've helped pick her up and carry her places that she couldn't get to.
Then pick up her scooter and move that as well.

Can't they place her in a chair, then with your help pick the chair up and place it somewhere so they could do her toes?

Unless she weighs 600 pounds....it shouldn't be that difficult.

Back
Top Bottom