• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make Your Own McRib

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Last week, McDonald's reintroduced the McRib — its cultish take on a barbecue pork sandwich— to its menu for, as they say, a limited time only. First introduced to the fast-food canon in the early '80s, the McRib fared poorly and was pulled after a few years, only to be brought back every so often to much hype and popular obsession. Even when it's not available, it gets a fair bit of airplay from fans and enemies alike. This little sandwich with just five components — sandwich roll, onions, pickle slices, barbecue sauce, and a single hunk of pork — lands so much attention. And yet it could be so much better! I was inspired to make a superior version right at home

SEE HOW TO MAKE IT: Make Your Own McRib: Bigger, Better, and Always Available - Saveur.com

If I wanted to cook for 3.5 hours, I wouldn't get a McRib.

They are an insult to real ribs.

They aren't even pork. They are "McStuff". :mrgreen:

They are an insult to real ribs.

They aren't even pork. They are "McStuff". :mrgreen:

Agree. They are McNasty:2razz:

I take my BBQ very serious.

The guy/gal who invented that crap should be lynched:mrgreen:

Why make a McRib when you can vote for one?
6f3726d1-d020-4239-8857-e68676cb63ac.jpg

I remember when the Big N' Tasty came out. My dad saw a McDonald's in California where the T was faded. The poster read " the Big N' asty." Now that would be honest advertising :mrgreen:

A former mayor of the town I grew up in spent six pages of his blog complaining about how his McRib didn't have BBQ sauce on it. This was a few years ago when they had a limited special. He's a darned idiot.

Back
Top Bottom