• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make the call

Jkca1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In high school I was best friends with a guy named Dave. We spent our first year of college as roommates and then took different paths in life. About 3 years ago I decided to look him up, call it nostalgia, but I wanted to know how his life turned out.

I called him and we reconnected easily. About a year later I met him at his home in Northern Michigan. We spoke for hours about the good old days, shared stories and pictures of our lives and had a great time. About very 4 - 6 months after that we would text each other or drop a DM just to see how life was.

Recently Dave died. Way too early of course, but cancer has no age limits. I am so glad I took 10 seconds to give him a call 3 years ago. He was a good guy. High school was more bearable because of him. Same with College. The memories of us as 18 year olds cruising Woodward Blvd. in Michigan looking for chicks makes me smile. If you recogize any part of this story in yourselves make the call. Don't delay another day. Just make the call.

I've heard many people tell us near the end, that love is what matters, take every opportunity to love, but why should I take their word for it? Love is cheap, and everywhere, all you have to do is give love to get it. Shouldn't money, survival or payment of debt be more important than love?

In high school I was best friends with a guy named Dave. We spent our first year of college as roommates and then took different paths in life. About 3 years ago I decided to look him up, call it nostalgia, but I wanted to know how his life turned out.

I called him and we reconnected easily. About a year later I met him at his home in Northern Michigan. We spoke for hours about the good old days, shared stories and pictures of our lives and had a great time. About very 4 - 6 months after that we would text each other or drop a DM just to see how life was.

Recently Dave died. Way too early of course, but cancer has no age limits. I am so glad I took 10 seconds to give him a call 3 years ago. He was a good guy. High school was more bearable because of him. Same with College. The memories of us as 18 year olds cruising Woodward Blvd. in Michigan looking for chicks makes me smile. If you recogize any part of this story in yourselves make the call. Don't delay another day. Just make the call.
Just sent a text to an old friend! (y)

Back
Top Bottom