• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make no mistake, Trump is responsible for our current unrest.

Agreed. The problem remains that supporters attending the rally (as well as across the country) continue to believe in, contribute money, and act on bogus Trump rants of voter fraud. The lie that Trump continues to promulgate.

so charge him with lying.....

i am sure there are hundreds of those you can charge him with

that isnt what the house just impeached him on though, is it?

and as far as i know....lying in itself, isnt a crime unless you are sworn in first
- Should a President be held accountable for stating false information during a speech?

" Over the past several weeks, we’ve amassed overwhelming evidence about a fake election. This is the presidential election. Last night was a little bit better because of the fact that we had a lot of eyes watching one specific state, but they cheated like hell anyway. " (from 1/6/2021 Trump speech)
- " In the state of Arizona, over 36,000 ballots were illegally cast by non-citizens."

Trump continues to spread his belief about the election he lost.

" We must stop the steal and then we must ensure that such outrageous election fraud never happens again, can never be allowed to happen again.

" So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give. "
" So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. "

It is true President Trump did not "order" people to break into the Capital. There are hints that Pence needs to do the right thing and Congress EC process should be stopped.

Now you are going into a whole NEW REALM

should we hold politicians accountable for everything they say?

I can go back to every president over the last few decades...and point out lie after lie after lie

Some are way more egregious than others, but nonetheless, they were lies

Now Trump seems to be in a whole new category all his own....he did nothing but lie and bloviate his entire four years by all estimation

So you tell me, should we hold all of our politicians accountable for EVERYTHING they say....and hold their feet to the fire

Or do we take what politicians say as lies as a matter of fact.....i sure in the hell dont believe many of them

and as far as i know....lying in itself, isnt a crime unless you are sworn in first

I can go back to every president over the last few decades...and point out lie after lie after lie

Now Trump seems to be in a whole new category all his own....he did nothing but lie and bloviate his entire four years by all estimation

So you tell me, should we hold all of our politicians accountable for EVERYTHING they say....and hold their feet to the fire

Or do we take what politicians say as lies as a matter of fact.....i sure in the hell dont believe many of them
I pretty much go by the saying if a politician lips are moving , they are telling lies.
It is best to check and verify what a politician says. That includes Biden.

imo, Trump took it to a new level. The problem is the number of people who believe Trump and his stolen election bs.

Speaking of being adult, it seems like now, we need candidates to be required to sign a legal pledge saying that he or she will not insist, without evidence, that if he or she loses, it is because of foul play, and that he or she must concede and assist with the transition after the votes are certified?

I pretty much go by the saying if a politician lips are moving , they are telling lies.
It is best to check and verify what a politician says. That includes Biden.

imo, Trump took it to a new level. The problem is the number of people who believe Trump and his stolen election bs.

that there says it all...and i dont care if they have a D or an R after their name.....

And there are sheep ready to follow and believe EVERYTHING they have to say no matter how stupid it is

(i know, our progressives and liberals are going "not my side of the aisle")

Speaking of being adult, it seems like now, we need candidates to be required to sign a legal pledge saying that he or she will not insist, without evidence, that if he or she loses, it is because of foul play, and that he or she must concede and assist with the transition after the votes are certified?

I would say it's not a peaceful transition of power impeaching an outgoing President based on lies.

How many past presidential lies have resulted in a POTUS incited insurgency? Trump is not a "lying politician". Trump is a dangerous pathological liar.

While I do agree that Trump bears some responsibility for the current situation, he is not totally to blame. You seem to be giving those who believed Trump's alleged claims and acted upon them a free pass. They made a choice. Those who entered the Capital and did damage are as much to blame as Trump. They made a choice. T
Absolutely. Just like those who smashed Jewish stores on Kristalnacht were individually responsible. But Hitler and company had significant input, as did Trump. Had he acted like a grownup and recognized that he lost, no riots.

I would say it's not a peaceful transition of power impeaching an outgoing President based on lies.
True, all politicians lie, but Trump’s had deadly consequences.

While the radical Trump supporting terrorists that stormed the US Capitol are responsible for their own actions, let's examine for a moment how they got there.
Weeks and weeks, months and months of totally unfounded claims of election fraud by Trump. Lawsuit after lawsuit dismissed. State after state certifying the election results. Weeks and weeks of smaller protests culminating with a Trump incited attempted takeover of the US Capitol. All of this based on unfounded claims by an egomaniac that cannot accept the fact that more people wanted Biden to be president than wanted him. Claims btw, that tRump continues to make even in light of the recent attack on our democracy.
When you examine the "whole" instead of just the "part", there exists one and one person only that bears the blunt of the responsibility for our current situation. That person is Donald J. Trump.
"We were invited by the President"

Back
Top Bottom