• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make America Great Again

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
When people say they want to "Make America Great Again", mainly Trump supporters, what does it mean? What time in American history is being hearkened back to that the current America is somehow inferior to?

Last edited:
When people say they want to "Make America Great Again", mainly Trump supporters, what does it mean? What time in American history is being hearkened back to that the current America is somehow inferior to?

It is no longer motherhood and apple pie. We aren't in Kansas anymore.

It is no longer motherhood and apple pie. We aren't in Kansas anymore.

That does not answer the question, exactly what time period is that hearkening back to?

I imagine that the period after WWII is what most people are referring to when they say they want to make America great again. That's just my guess.

I imagine that the period after WWII is what most people are referring to when they say they want to make America great again. That's just my guess.

I hope that doesnt entail many of the social values that were upheld during that time period

You may ask what "time" or "time period", but there is no "time" or "time period" that's really being referenced here by such speaker(s).

It's simply a condition the speaker(s) are referencing or even merely maybe somewhat imagining.

When speaker(s) allude to "making America Great again" they're wanting a condition created/restored.

That condition is usually a situation in which the speaker(s) would experience life being better for them than it is now.

Not everyone would agree that under certain conditions referenced by the speaker(s) America would really be "great".

But the speaker(s) think it would be.

For Trump supporters, it's usually that "foreign-looking" anything wouldn't be "favored" or "favored over" the more "traditional-looking", and such a condition once existed in America, some say before the 1960s, others say before the 1930s, etc..

For Sanders supporters it's usually that "rich" anything wouldn't be "favored" or "favored over" the current money-hierarchy "losers", and such a condition never really existed all that greatly, so this speaking would be an imagined condition.

That does not answer the question, exactly what time period is that hearkening back to?

its meant too be vague, that way if you hate women it can go back to before they could vote or work, if you hate black people it can be before the civil war, if you hate homosexuals you can say it was in the 1950's when it was still illegal to be a homosexual

basically who ever you hate trump will get rid of them.....

How about Camelot?

When the country was at peace with its ideals, knew progress was good and knew the future was would be good.

Contrary to popular belief, Camelot was actually a foreign nation and therefore, not America.

And I always thought it was the Kennedy White House.

"Hope and Change"

"Make America Great again" is the same empty slogan that the low information voter will believe, in spite of the fact no candidate has lived up to the motto since Eisenhower. I would love be in real estate there, I believe I could sell ocean front property in Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom