• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make America Florida

Who is that guy smiling?

Did he declare an emergency and freeze people’s assets? IIRC, that happened in Canada.

Don't kid yourself. If DeSantis had an illegal protest of something he didn't agree with he would come down so hard on them it would make heads spin. He is a control freak. The difference is you, and others, like what he controls.....give me break!

"The law increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments. It creates a new crime, "mob intimidation." And it requires that anyone arrested at a protest be denied bail until their first court appearance, likely making for overnight jail stays."

Gosh, I hope DeSantis ends up as POTUS sometime! He's simply my favorite choice ever.

Gosh, I hope DeSantis ends up as POTUS sometime! He's simply my favorite choice ever.
Of course he is. He is all about totally controlling anything or anybody that sees things differently than he does. Control is just fine for many on the right as long as it serves their priorities and narratives. They really are only about freedom as defined by them and that is DeSantis in spades.

Of course he is. He is all about totally controlling anything or anybody that sees things differently than he does. Control is just fine for many on the right as long as it serves their priorities and narratives. They really are only about freedom as defined by them and that is DeSantis in spades.
Jeez, settle down. My comment was simply about liking DeSantis.

Your comment indicates you want to get all personal and do a bashing session of people and make unfounded accusations about "control". My gosh, your comment shows how spun up you are - wanting to be in full on (unprompted) attack mode today.

Again, my comment has nothing to do with anything other than liking DeSantis and I think it's fine if you don't like him. We certainly don't need to support the same politicians serving within my country (the USA) - a country which is just a next door neighbor to your country.

Did he declare an emergency and freeze people’s assets? IIRC, that happened in Canada.

Which provincial government did that?

Did you know that the US federal government IS freezing people's assets AND is doing so without any declared emergency?

Jeez, settle down. My comment was simply about liking DeSantis.

Your comment indicates you want to get all personal and do a bashing session of people and make unfounded accusations about "control". My gosh, your comment shows how spun up you are - wanting to be in full on (unprompted) attack mode today.

Again, my comment has nothing to do with anything other than liking DeSantis and I think it's fine if you don't like him. We certainly don't need to support the same politicians serving within my country (the USA) - a country which is just a next door neighbor to your country.
......and my comment was simply about understanding why you do like him. A tad thin skinned today?

I
ve said it forever:

Conservative freedom:

Free to live exactly as they say, or else.

Don't kid yourself. If DeSantis had an illegal protest of something he didn't agree with he would come down so hard on them it would make heads spin. He is a control freak. The difference is you, and others, like what he controls.....give me break!

"The law increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments. It creates a new crime, "mob intimidation." And it requires that anyone arrested at a protest be denied bail until their first court appearance, likely making for overnight jail stays."

Holy shit, tried taking pages out if Canada's book. Thankfully we in the United States have a system to stop these kinds of actions being taken against protesters.

Holy shit, tried taking pages out if Canada's book. Thankfully we in the United States have a system to stop these kinds of actions being taken against protesters.
That is the law DeSantis signed into law. A federal judge did block it from being enforced but last I heard DeSantis was appealing that decision saying he was confident he would win.Mind you he said that about his cruise ship mandate too! I suspect that several of DeSantis' heavy handed, controlling laws will end up in the courts. Of course he will say any losses are due to left wing judges not that they were unconstitutional.

Righties celebrate COVID death because...FREEDUMB!
I see you brought back that loser avie. I appreciate it, Gives me something to laugh at besides your comments.

Strangely enough, the Canadian provinces don't have the powers that Gov de Santis appears to be attempting to appropriate to the Florida state government.

Possibly that is because there is only ONE set of criminal law that governs the whole of Canada and not 52+ that govern the United States of America.

BTW, the US federal government does have the power to do what the Canadian federal government did.

Strangely enough, the Canadian provinces don't have the powers that Gov de Santis appears to be attempting to appropriate to the Florida state government.

Possibly that is because there is only ONE set of criminal law that governs the whole of Canada and not 52+ that govern the United States of America.

BTW, the US federal government does have the power to do what the Canadian federal government did.

Thankfully the United States didn't do that to peaceful protesters.

Desantis is also responsible for almost half of the number of people in all of Canada, and his single state has a GDP that is 2/3rds the size of Canada's; it would make sense that he has more power than a province, he has more responsibility.

Thankfully the United States didn't do that to peaceful protesters.
Ahhh, but the US HAS done that to peaceful protesters. In fact those American icons George S. Patton and Dwight D Eisenhower took part in using the US military to "disperse" peaceful protesters who were "petitioning for redress".
Desantis is also responsible for almost half of the number of people in all of Canada,
Oh it's much higher than that.
and his single state has a GDP that is 2/3rds the size of Canada's;
Oh its much higher than that.
it would make sense that he has more power than a province, he has more responsibility.
I see, so you subscribe to the "$1 - 1 Vote" theory of politics, do you?

King ron is just a clone of the jackass, and the jackass had his ass handed to him in the last election by the American people. Whatever makes you think that someone just like the jackass could win a presidential election? The jackass fooled us once. He won't fool us again.

Back
Top Bottom