• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Majority of Americans ‘less likely to do business with Disney’ after blowback from ‘Don’t Say Gay’ debacle

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
If the financial pendulum swings against Disney's bottom line they may choose a different communication strategy. They have been pretty vocal of late on some serious controversial issues.

---------------------------------------------

On a recent episode of “Reliable Sources,” CNN’s Brian Stelter ridiculed conservatives for heading into the midterm elections with the theme of protecting kids from the dangers of … The Walt Disney Company. But that wasn’t the real story. The backlash was from Disney deciding to insert itself into the debate over Florida’s popular Parental Rights in Education bill after employees pressured CEO Bob Chapek to call Gov. Ron DeSantis and express his disappointment, and also pledge to oppose similar legislation that was sure to pop up across the country. Disney didn’t have to say anything; it chose this fight.

If the financial pendulum swings against Disney's bottom line they may choose a different communication strategy. They have been pretty vocal of late on some serious controversial issues.

---------------------------------------------

On a recent episode of “Reliable Sources,” CNN’s Brian Stelter ridiculed conservatives for heading into the midterm elections with the theme of protecting kids from the dangers of … The Walt Disney Company. But that wasn’t the real story. The backlash was from Disney deciding to insert itself into the debate over Florida’s popular Parental Rights in Education bill after employees pressured CEO Bob Chapek to call Gov. Ron DeSantis and express his disappointment, and also pledge to oppose similar legislation that was sure to pop up across the country. Disney didn’t have to say anything; it chose this fight.

This is the problem with this country in a nutshell. Disney is wrong for expressing concern for children because it hurts their bottom line. If it does hurt their bottom line... the Trafalger Group doesn't always get it right.

Quite the leading question I'd say. The sponsor of the poll is rather interesting. DeSantis better be hoping this poll is dead wrong or his State is Toast. Mind you he turned the crank himself but I suspect he will retreat from his position if he hasn't already.

A better question would have been to ask, what businesses are owned by Disney Corporation? I would bet less than 10% know that ESPN is owned by Disney.

I highly doubt when their brat is whining to see the next Disney movie those "parents" are going to be like, no we're going to watch a nature documentary instead - just close your eyes when the married straight animals are mating.

I highly doubt when their brat is whining to see the next Disney movie those "parents" are going to be like, no we're going to watch a nature documentary instead - just close your eyes when the married straight animals are mating.
Sorry. My kids learned better from guess who? Us, his parents. We just don’t say no. We express why we feel the negative consequences associated with gay lifestyles are detrimental to ones health. In our family we taught healthy lifestyle choices.

But, you’re right. Some will take the path of least resistance regardless of negative consequences

Sorry. My kids learned better from guess who? Us, his parents. We just don’t say no. We express why we feel the negative consequences associated with gay lifestyles are detrimental to ones health. In our family we taught healthy lifestyle choices.

But, you’re right. Some will take the path of least resistance regardless of negative consequences

What are the negative consequences of a gay lifestyle?

Seems like you've gone full Qanon.

Total nonsense, Disney revenues are driven by parents and grandparents indulging their kids and grandkids and all this foolishness isn't going to change that. Just a bunch of tough words from people like the OP. Are there really no more important issues to talk about?

Ask them. They lack no shortage of grievances
She's asking YOU because YOU are acting like an expert and bragging about what you've taught you kid or kids, hard to tell from the way you construct post. You brought up your knowledge and skills so answer her question or lose all credibility.

She's asking YOU because YOU are acting like an expert and bragging about what you've taught you kid or kids, hard to tell from the way you construct post. You brought up your knowledge and skills so answer her question or lose all credibility.
If there are no negative consequences associated with a gay lifestyle then what’s all the bitching about?

Ok. Just this once I will spoon feed the needy.

———-

All men face certain health risks. However, gay men and men who have sex with men have some specific health concerns.

Although your individual risks are shaped by many factors beyond your sexual orientation and practices — including family history and age — it's important to understand common health issues for gay men and steps you can take to stay healthy.

This is the problem with this country in a nutshell. Disney is wrong for expressing concern for children because it hurts their bottom line. If it does hurt their bottom line... the Trafalger Group doesn't always get it right.

The problem originates with too many elected officials sticking their noses into citizens private lives. I won't bother to mention which side of the isle they're all on.

I wonder if any of these snowflaking bigots knows who Disney owns:

• ABC
  • ESPN (80% stake)
  • Touchstone Pictures
  • Marvel
  • Lucasfilm
  • A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
  • Pixar
  • Hollywood Records
  • Vice Media (10% stake)
  • Core Publishing
And let's watch them tell their kids they can't read Marvel comics or can't watch any sports on ESPN or can't watch The History Channel to learn like normal children or see a Pixar movie with their friends...because gays are icky.

Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom