• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Majority Believe White House Misleads Public, Poll Shows

H

hipsterdufus

This just in from the Wall Street Journal.

A majority of U.S. adults believe the Bush administration generally misleads the public on current issues, while fewer than a third of Americans believe the information provided by the administration is generally accurate, the latest Harris Interactive poll finds.

While the telephone survey of 1,011 U.S. adults indicates about 64% of Americans believe the Bush administration "generally misleads the American public on current issues to achieve its own ends," opinion on the topic is clearly divided along party lines. A large majority (68% to 28%) of Republicans say the Bush administration generally provides accurate information. However, even larger majorities of Democrats (91% to 7%) and Independents (73% to 25%) think the information is generally misleading.

When asked about former Vice Presidential Chief of Staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby, who has been indicted on charges of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements, more than half of U.S. adults say the situation indicates "a larger problem in the Bush administration," while 35% say it was an "isolated incident." About 82% of Democrats say it indicates a larger problem, while 70% of Republicans feel the Libby case is an isolated incident.

snip

Methodology
This survey was conducted by telephone in the U.S., Nov. 8-13, 2005, among a nationwide cross sections of 1,011 adults. Figures for age, sex, race, education, number of adults, number of voice/telephone lines in the household, region and size of place were weighted where necessary to bring them into line with their actual proportions in the population. In theory, with probability samples of these sizes, one could say with 95% certainty that the results have a statistical precision of +/-3 percentage points of what they would be if the entire U.S. population had been polled with complete accuracy. Sampling error for the sub-samples of Republicans (335), Democrats (311), Independents (254), conservatives (356), liberals (183) and moderates (448) is higher and varies.

http://online.wsj.com/public/articl...0jmqqYPCE_3VRW6UOw7aM_20061123.html?mod=blogs

Of the 1,000 people surveyed, Republicans overwhelmingly said Bush is trustworthy and Democrats overwhelmingly said he is not.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.:spin:

By the way, I like your sig picture, hispter. The president said the turkey's name is Monica. :2razz:

I love these polls.

Ever see that family guy episode with the FCC a week or so ago?

"We have gotten 20 calls complaining about the show. As you know for every 1 person, 1 billion people have the same belief so 20 billion people are complaining about this show!"
- Not an exact qoute of course.

hipsterdufus said:

On the contrary...its the MEDIA, & the LIBERALS who want people to believe that the majority believes Bush lied!

More disingenuine liberal democratic behavior:

Why didn't the congressional democrats vote in FAVOR of bringing the troops home from Iraq????

Only 3-democrats had the balls to put their vote where their mouth was, ..the rest of the democrats either refused to vote, ..or simply voted along with the majority of republicans.

WHY.....? If the democrats had been posturing, & claiming the right thing to do was to bring the troops home, ..so why did only 3-democrats vote to???

Because, ..it never really was ever about the war in Iraq, ..all it EVER was to politiscize the war in an effort to smear Bush!

The majority of democrats FEARED the wrath of the MAJORITY who are NOT against the war, ..& that is ONLY why!

Translation: Congressional democrats do not give a crap about the soldiers, or the outcome of the Iraqi war, ..or the war on terror.

They care ONLY about how THEY are percieved by the voter, & that ought to be self evident by their own votes WHEN they had a chance to stand up for what THEY actually believed in!

And as usual....they did, their own HYPOCRISY!;)

OMG, the majority of Americans think that the White House misleads us? :shock: Shocker!

Not. ;) Their due is coming (just like it did for Richard Nixon), and I am loving it. Yee-haw! :cowboy:

Stu Ghatze said:
On the contrary...its the MEDIA, & the LIBERALS who want people to believe that the majority believes Bush lied!
Yeah, we all know what a liberal rag the WSJ is.

Stu Ghatze said:

More disingenuine liberal democratic behavior:

Why didn't the congressional democrats vote in FAVOR of bringing the troops home from Iraq????

Only 3-democrats had the balls to put their vote where their mouth was, ..the rest of the democrats either refused to vote, ..or simply voted along with the majority of republicans.

WHY.....? If the democrats had been posturing, & claiming the right thing to do was to bring the troops home, ..so why did only 3-democrats vote to???

Because, ..it never really was ever about the war in Iraq, ..all it EVER was to politiscize the war in an effort to smear Bush!

So the media lies and posts propoganda, but you believe it when it says majority of democrats are against he war?

Is the document that they voted on public? I have not seen it if it is. I would love to see what they were actually voting for.

I can create a document to vote on and say its "US withdrawl from Iraq" but in the document say this involves everyone voting needing to give me 1 million dollars and kiss my feet.

Obviously no one would vote for it. The title does say "US withdrawl from Iraq" and if they didn't vote for it they must not want to withdrawl.

KCConservative said:
Of the 1,000 people surveyed, Republicans overwhelmingly said Bush is trustworthy and Democrats overwhelmingly said he is not.

As would be expected.

This is the cause for concern:

Independents (73% to 25%)

It doesn't take much of the Independent or undecided vote to swing a decision one way or the other. ;) :cool:

Something interesting about this poll is that 28% of the republicans in this poll said they think that the president's info is inaccurate.

That's a large amount of republicans that that think the president is a liar

KCConservative said:

Move along folks, nothing to see here.:spin:

By the way, I like your sig picture, hispter. The president said the turkey's name is Monica. :2razz:

The numbers for Republicans were 68% to 28%. I certainly would be concerned about that if I were a Republican strategist.

As for my signature. As long as Monica the turkey consented, I have no problem. :mrgreen:

Gibberish said:
So the media lies and posts propoganda, but you believe it when it says majority of democrats are against he war?

Is the document that they voted on public? I have not seen it if it is. I would love to see what they were actually voting for.

I can create a document to vote on and say its "US withdrawl from Iraq" but in the document say this involves everyone voting needing to give me 1 million dollars and kiss my feet.

Obviously no one would vote for it. The title does say "US withdrawl from Iraq" and if they didn't vote for it they must not want to withdrawl.

Sure, it's the same Orwellian speak we've been getting for 5 years.

"Clear Skies Initiative", rolls back progress made by the Clean Air Act and opens up loopholes for industry.

The "Healthy Forests Initiative". Bush told an audience that the problem with our forests is they are "not harvested.

"No Child Left Behind" - an unfunded mandate for education, despised by most teachers

The "Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005"- written by the credit card companies

and on and on....

Back
Top Bottom