• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Majorities in new poll support early voting, voter ID

New poll has huge numbers agreeing that early voting should be easier and ID should be shown when voting.
You beat me to the punch on this. I was wondering what the left thought about a poll which showed 80% of Americans favor the showing of ID's to vote. Apparently 80% of Americans, including many on the left, are in favor of vote suppression. LOL

I agree. Colorado has Voter ID laws, but it's just not an issue here because of how our system is set up. We have among the highest voter turnout consistently, election to election. We make sure people who vote should be voting, are legally voting, but we also have a mail-in system with lots of secure drop boxes that makes voting simple, convenient, safe, and secure.
.......and there you have it. What is happening in GOP controlled States has little to do with security and everything to do with high voter turnout. What else could it be? Why are Voters in Colordo more trustworthy and honest than those in GA, AZ, MI and PA?

I think the results of the poll accurately describes the opinion of a majority but if the majority vote we see what happens.

.......and there you have it. What is happening in GOP controlled States has little to do with security and everything to do with high voter turnout. What else could it be? Why are Voters in Colordo more trustworthy and honest than those in GA, AZ, MI and PA?

I think the results of the poll accurately describes the opinion of a majority but if the majority vote we see what happens.
Oh, it's been ever so clear to absolutely everyone that the Red Coat...err Red State battles for voting laws is specifically designed to lower voter turnout and to target more urban areas and minorities than whites. Very very very clear.

If the intent was just to ensure a safe, secure, trusted voting system that encourages turnout, then they would have adopted Colorado's system. But it's not about that, it's about vote suppression.

Oh, it's been ever so clear to absolutely everyone that the Red Coat...err Red State battles for voting laws is specifically designed to lower voter turnout and to target more urban areas and minorities than whites. Very very very clear.

If the intent was just to ensure a safe, secure, trusted voting system that encourages turnout, then they would have adopted Colorado's system. But it's not about that, it's about vote suppression.
That's a lie. What it's designed to do is make fraud harder to work and if that lowers the "turnout" just the illegal ones, so be it.

That's a lie. What it's designed to do is make fraud harder to work and if that lowers the "turnout" just the illegal ones, so be it.
It's not a lie, it's the truth. There isn't some massive amount of "illegal" votes, that's a lie. A lie used to excuse vote suppression tactics.

What it's designed to do is make fraud harder to work and if that lowers the "turnout" just the illegal ones, so be it.
Why is voter fraud a bigger problem in GA, AZ, MI, WI and PA than in Oregon or Colorado?

You beat me to the punch on this. I was wondering what the left thought about a poll which showed 80% of Americans favor the showing of ID's to vote. Apparently 80% of Americans, including many on the left, are in favor of vote suppression. LOL
Having been a zealot Democrat myself it is heartwarming that the more intelligent Dems are able to see the holes in the partys plan to win by fraud.

As someone who worked odd shifts many years that is not true. Those of us who work odd shifts still find time for doctors appointments, banking needs, and all sorts of other things we prioritise.
A priority is doctors and banking so yes you will find time as a shift worker. Standing in line 2 hours at a polling station before one's shift for most folks is not a priority, this less votes cast.

This is what Republicans want, it's how they cling to power, suppression and gerrymandering.

Why is voter fraud a bigger problem in GA, AZ, MI, WI and PA than in Oregon or Colorado?
That's easy. Those states are the ones the Dems need to win which makes them the targets for kind of fraudulent schemes that won the election for the Dems.

That's easy. Those states are the ones the Dems need to win which makes them the targets for kind of fraudulent schemes that won the election for the Dems.
Oh, I see. Trump lost these States therefore there was massive fraud. Got it!

Once a democracy, broadly defined, moves from a 'pure' citizen vote on issues and the response to them through legislation, we're into representative government. The legislators then have their duties either defined by a constitution or find themselves adrift in a sea of decisions. Should they vote as a representative of the majority of the citizens in their district, as a representative of a majority of the voters in their district, as a representative of their party or as a representative of the total population of their country? These four categories are not exhaustive.

Add in self-interest, stir gently to mix, and there you are. A quandary.

It is possible to make a case, especially when one considers gerrymandering and the relatively few voters who turn out for primary elections, to view the United States of America as an oligarchy.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

True. Colorado has a great mail-in system that is tried, tested, and secure. The only reason someone would oppose mail-in systems is because they want to discourage turnout and are looking to rig votes.
False

Your idiotic, one-blurb retorts are not an argument. And are incorrect, as all measured data shows that Colorado has a very safe, secure, and trusted mail-in voting system. I know all you can manage is "false" because lies, hyperbole, and false narratives are all you have for "arguments"; but reality doesn't agree with you. So obviously your obstruction for higher voter turnout must be rooted in a desire to suppress voter turnout. Which is the tactic of the Trump Right these days.

I bet there is one thing you can't do , and that is show, using the current mail in systems that are in place now in many states, that they aren't secure.

New poll has huge numbers agreeing that early voting should be easier and ID should be shown when voting.
Question: i'm already registered. Do I have to get a separate " Voter ID" now, or can I show them my driver's license?]

Hi. I will speak on behalf of the left. I am ok with ID, but I need that ID to be very easy to acquire. There is most definitely a prejudice against the poor getting IDs. I am out here in California and I got the new Driver License recently. I have time and resources and it was a pain in the ass. My birth certificate? My social security card? Pay stubs? Tax forms? I literally needed all of them, and this is California, where I am told we make illegal immigrants mayors by law and must marry our gay pets.

Also, Americans are largely stupid. 80% of Americans think they are Middle Class. 80% would watch Two and a Half Men if they brought it back.

There is no voter fraud. Our focus should be on making it easy to vote.

edit: Just to follow up, if I wanted to vote for someone else, I would need to know they registered to vote, I would need to know their voting place, I would need to know they haven't already voted either in person or by mail, and then I need to show up and vote for them. That is for one ****ing vote where I would have to commit a felony with a paper trail in an election where I don't know how many votes are needed to overturn the election.

Voter fraud is not a thing. Anyone who says different is so ****ing stupid I don't know how to talk to them.

Hi. I will speak on behalf of the left. I am ok with ID, but I need that ID to be very easy to acquire. There is most definitely a prejudice against the poor getting IDs. I am out here in California and I got the new Driver License recently. I have time and resources and it was a pain in the ass. My birth certificate? My social security card? Pay stubs? Tax forms? I literally needed all of them, and this is California, where I am told we make illegal immigrants mayors by law and must marry our gay pets.

Also, Americans are largely stupid. 80% of Americans think they are Middle Class. 80% would watch Two and a Half Men if they brought it back.

That's the problem. Let's look at an example. In Alabama for example, the law said you needed a voter id you got at the local DMV. They then closed all the DMV's in the more rural counties, which were predominately black. There is no local mass transport in those area, making it highly difficult for minorities to be able to get to a DMV to be able to get a voter ID.

In Texas, they had to have things spelled perfectly, and also made it a lot more difficult for women, who took their husbands names to be able to get their voter id. That was discriminatory against women.

edit: Just to follow up, if I wanted to vote for someone else, I would need to know they registered to vote, I would need to know their voting place, I would need to know they haven't already voted either in person or by mail, and then I need to show up and vote for them. That is for one ****ing vote where I would have to commit a felony with a paper trail in an election where I don't know how many votes are needed to overturn the election.

Voter fraud is not a thing. Anyone who says different is so ****ing stupid I don't know how to talk to them.
ID's are easy to acquire. Even illegals can get valid driver's licenses.

ID's are easy to acquire. Even illegals can get valid driver's licenses.

I literally just told you what a pain it was to get a valid driver's license.

edit: Feel free to call "illegals" human, by the way.

Also more agree we should have voting by mail, that national regulations should be in place vs state and that it should be easier to vote....that isn't exactly the winner, winner, chicken dinner that you were looking for and they are saying that in person voting should be easier...meaning early voting, etc...and that some kind of photo ID should be required..not a national ID.

I literally just told you what a pain it was to get a valid driver's license.

edit: Feel free to call "illegals" human, by the way.
it actually is a royal pain and already was before the Real ID went into effect. Especially, for people that may not meet all of their requirements. It isn't as simple as just taking your birth certificate and social security card...that is no longer enough....and God forbid you live with someone else and not have a lease in your name.

it actually is a royal pain and already was before the Real ID went into effect. Especially, for people that may not meet all of their requirements. It isn't as simple as just taking your birth certificate and social security card...that is no longer enough....and God forbid you live with someone else and not have a lease in your name.

Exactly. Oh, and you also need to have a free day off to run to the DMV. I am sure that doesn't discourage the poor.

The barcode is for identifying the candidate selected by the oval filled in, not the voter voting.

I'm guessing that you didn't use mail-in voting. What you're describing is what happens to a ballot once someone has voted in person. If you request a mail-in ballot, it already has a barcode on it. How else would they be able to tell whether or not you voted?

If your understanding of how mail-in voting works is reflective of your other peeps on the right, it's no wonder that you think voter fraud is easy to commit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom