• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

From ESPN....

Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer will miss the remainder of the 2021 season and the postseason after MLB and the MLBPA agreed to extend his administrative leave, a league official told ESPN. MLB Network reported earlier that Bauer was likely to be out for the rest of the year.

Scherzer perfect game after 7 innings; 80 pitches; immaculate inning; 8 Ks; 3,000 K

Ok... I'm to lazy to look. How are the Dodgers doing? Should I start paying attention?.... or not?...

Yankees have been playing disgraceful of late. How on earth do you lose 2/3 to the Orioles?

Judge out of the game with dizziness. Very scary. Second yankee with these symptoms.

Ok... I'm to lazy to look. How are the Dodgers doing? Should I start paying attention?.... or not?...
The Dodgers are playing really well......a little too well for my tastes.
From August 1st thru today they are 28-10.
My team, the Giants, have gone 28-12 in the same time span.
So, we play .700 ball and lose one game of our lead.
That sucks.
The Padres have lost 6 straight against the Dodgers.
If San Diego could have managed even one or two wins, I'd feel a bit safer.
We've got 7 games coming up against San Diego.
Hopefully, they'll lay down for us as they have for LA.

Yankees have been playing disgraceful of late. How on earth do you lose 2/3 to the Orioles?
That's bad.
Then, they followed up by losing 4 in a row to Toronto....AT HOME!!.
That's really, really bad.
Yet, they're still in contention for a playoff spot, so who knows how things will go?

The Dodgers are playing really well......a little too well for my tastes.
From August 1st thru today they are 28-10.
My team, the Giants, have gone 28-12 in the same time span.
So, we play .700 ball and lose one game of our lead.
That sucks.
The Padres have lost 6 straight against the Dodgers.
If San Diego could have managed even one or two wins, I'd feel a bit safer.
We've got 7 games coming up against San Diego.
Hopefully, they'll lay down for us as they have for LA.
It’s amazing how after 160 or so games the NL West would come down to that last season ending, or not, series with the Giants. I miss the baseball days

Mets score 25 runs in 3 games against the Yankees... I am positive there were times during this season that they played 7 games during a week where the Mets didn't score 25 runs in a week...

That doesn't bode well for the Yankee pitching, giving up that many runs to one of the worse offensive teams in the MLB....

Mets score 25 runs in 3 games against the Yankees... I am positive there were times during this season that they played 7 games during a week where the Mets didn't score 25 runs in a week...

That doesn't bode well for the Yankee pitching, giving up that many runs to one of the worse offensive teams in the MLB....
Mets averaging fewer than 4 runs a game. I'm pretty sure they scored fewer than 25 runs in more than just 1 week.

Home plate Nelson got you back in the game today. Overall, Yankees were 20-30 in day games going into today’s game.

I sure missed an in-game live opportunity with Yanks at +3.5 runs with plus odds down 0-5; now 5-5. Nelson is an ‘over’ ump.

Home plate Nelson got you back in the game today. Overall, Yankees were 20-30 in day games going into today’s game.

I sure missed an in-game live opportunity with Yanks at +3.5 runs with plus odds down 0-5; now 5-5. Nelson is an ‘over’ ump.

They moved Gleyber Torres back to 2b which may save their season.

They moved Gleyber Torres back to 2b which may save their season.
The kid sparked the 13-game streak and may yet play a part on defense. 5 teams down to 2 in AL, all playoff worthy compared to other pro sports.

@Bucky Eovaldi/T. Anderson on free game MLB TV

AL East, the only race for the two Wild Card spots, is heating up. Boston flopped from a solid WC lead to out of the running as the Yanks inched back into it. Blue Jays are now the hottest team in baseball not playing in SF.

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 on the 1986 Mets? You can see why the team never became a dynasty. Team was filled with assholes...

Listening to Lenny Dykstra talk now.... His brain is fried. What a waste...

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 on the 1986 Mets? You can see why the team never became a dynasty. Team was filled with assholes...

Agree somewhat but that Met 1988 was just as good. The 86 Mets were escape artists as you know
if you saw the 30/30. Dykstra a good player had a terribly sad infamous post playing career which
was evident in the 30/30 documentary!

In '88 they again ran away from the NL East winning the division by 15 games. Straw hit 39 HR's 10 more
than when he led the team in '86 with 27. They played the Dodgers in the NL Championship, during the
season they played the dodgers 11 times & won them all. They were big favorites to beat the dodgers
but Mike Soscia homered off Gooden in the pivotal game & the Dodgers beat the Mets & 4 games to 3.
They were not escape artists in 1988.

This was the year of Orel Hershiser, great regular season, great NL championship series & great World Series!

Last edited:
Agree somewhat but that Met 1988 was just as good. The 86 Mets were escape artists as you know
if you saw the 30/30. Dykstra a good player had a terribly sad infamous post playing career which
was evident in the 30/30 documentary!

In '88 they again ran away from the NL East winning the division by 15 games. Straw hit 39 HR's 10 more
than when he led the team in '86 with 27. They played the Dodgers in the NL Championship, during the
season they played the dodgers 11 times & won them all. They were big favorites to beat the dodgers
but Mike Soscia homered off Gooden in the pivotal game & the Dodgers beat the Mets & 4 games to 3.
They were not escape artists in 1988.

This was the year of Orel Hershiser, great regular season, great NL championship series & great World Series!
A dynasty is winning more than 1 championship. No matter how good the 1988 Mets were they didn't win the WS that year...

BTW the Mets won 10 of 11 games during the season against the Dodgers in 1988. Not that it matters, the Dodgers won when it counted the most. As you mentioned Hershiser was spectacular that year...

A dynasty is winning more than 1 championship. No matter how good the 1988 Mets were they didn't win the WS that year...

BTW the Mets won 10 of 11 games during the season against the Dodgers in 1988. Not that it matters, the Dodgers won when it counted the most. As you mentioned Hershiser was spectacular that year...
Hershiser had a monster season in 1988. He led the National League in wins (23), complete games (15), and shutouts (8), and his ERA was 2.26. All of which landed him the Cy Young Award, recognition as Major League Player of the Year and NL Pitcher of the Year by The Sporting News, MVP of both the NLCS and World Series, and a Gold Glove.
Perhaps his biggest accomplishment was that from August 30 to September 28, he did not surrender a single run. The scoreless streak covered 59⅓ innings, breaking the record set by another Dodger 20 years earlier, (58⅓ innings).
Hershiser may not have been a head of state in 1988, but for certain he was baseball royalty.

IMO that year Hershiser became one of a group of super players whose one dominant year highlighted
terrific careers like Lou Boudreau in 1948, Arky Vaughan in 1935, Joe Wood in 1912 & Joe Medwick in 1937!

While historians could disagree about which was the best year of each of these players.
Ruth, Gehrig, Williams, Foxx, Hornsby, Cobb, Speaker, Musial & Mantle all of who had
3 or even more years that might be considered there best by different experts.
Williams 41, 49 or 57, Mantle 56, 57 or 61, Ruth 20, 21 or 27 on & on!

Hershiser had a monster season in 1988. He led the National League in wins (23), complete games (15), and shutouts (8), and his ERA was 2.26. All of which landed him the Cy Young Award, recognition as Major League Player of the Year and NL Pitcher of the Year by The Sporting News, MVP of both the NLCS and World Series, and a Gold Glove.
Perhaps his biggest accomplishment was that from August 30 to September 28, he did not surrender a single run. The scoreless streak covered 59⅓ innings, breaking the record set by another Dodger 20 years earlier, (58⅓ innings).
Hershiser may not have been a head of state in 1988, but for certain he was baseball royalty.

IMO that year Hershiser became one of a group of super players whose one dominant year highlighted
terrific careers like Lou Boudreau in 1948, Arky Vaughan in 1935, Joe Wood in 1912 & Joe Medwick in 1937!

While historians could disagree about which was the best year of each of these players.
Ruth, Gehrig, Williams, Foxx, Hornsby, Cobb, Speaker, Musial & Mantle all of who had
3 or even more years that might be considered there best by different experts.
Williams 41, 49 or 57, Mantle 56, 57 or 61, Ruth 20, 21 or 27 on & on!
Yeah I can agree Hershiser had a super year in 1988. It was historic.. Ron Guidry is another who had a super year, comes to mind.. Among others. It's hard to put a pitcher, who plays only every 4-5 days in the same group as everyday players...

Not to mention, substance abuse.

Back
Top Bottom