• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

Just repeating what I heard, but the Mets payroll might be close to $260 million.. Scherzer alone is making more than the whole payroll of the Pirates and Orioles?? Mets have now what? 4 players over $30 million a year??

But I'm sure the luxury tax will go up after these negotiations /lockout..
This is the problem with baseball.

Mariners with a far better signing of Ray than Cohen over-spending on a dead-arm after Cohen whined about losing Matz.

Mariners with a far better signing of Ray than Cohen over-spending on a dead-arm after Cohen whined about losing Matz.
Idk if we can call Scherzer dead armed.. His Era last year, iirc, with the Dodgers was under 2...He was in the running for the Cy Young...

Matz is a 5th starter at best...

Idk if we can call Scherzer dead armed.. His Era last year, iirc, with the Dodgers was under 2...He was in the running for the Cy Young...

Matz is a 5th starter at best...
Scherzer couldn’t pitch when the Dodgers needed him the most. Imho, he likes the NL East for his own success since he’s pitched against them for years.

$300 million in Mets salary doesn’t make Chem-is-try. The Max signing is as bad as Lindor’s imo. The other three are also overpays, though I like Marte.

We’ll see if Canha can transition to the NL. Lindor didn’t. Canha’s played western ball for years and not in the shitty Met cold weather of the east.

Texas is nuts on Semien, Gray and Crawford. I see this multi-billion-dollar splurge across MLB as hurting the attainment of a CBA.

Scherzer couldn’t pitch when the Dodgers needed him the most. Imho, he likes the NL East for his own success since he’s pitched against them for years.

$300 million in Mets salary doesn’t make Chem-is-try. The Max signing is as bad as Lindor’s imo. The other three are also overpays, though I like Marte.

We’ll see if Canha can transition to the NL. Lindor didn’t. Canha’s played western ball for years and not in the shitty Met cold weather of the east.

Texas is nuts on Semien, Gray and Crawford. I see this multi-billion-dollar splurge across MLB as hurting the attainment of a CBA.
Possibily Scherzer couldn't pitch late in the year because the Dodgers ran him into the ground.. The lost Bauer, and Kershaw.. So they put their playoff run all on Scherzer shoulders, and they might have overused him...

We'll see...

What's the over/under on the lockout? Length wise? I think it's a given its going to happen... But what's the line on length? Will it be over quickly? Drag into the Spring training? Into the season?

Everyone is talking about the lockout... But no one is predicting how long it might last... Just wondering what LV thinks?

What's the over/under on the lockout? Length wise? I think it's a given its going to happen... But what's the line on length? Will it be over quickly? Drag into the Spring training? Into the season?

Everyone is talking about the lockout... But no one is predicting how long it might last... Just wondering what LV thinks?
I will listen up for that, though lockout talk is quite depressing for me. We’ll see if external spending on FAs builds a winner better than the SEA internal way.

The Baez signing, along with E. Rod earlier, makes the Tigers a WC contender next year if there’s playoff expansion. If manager Hinch can get his former SS Correa away from HOU, and recalling all the young SPs they have, they’ll push the SOX.

Two different baseballs were used last year, with different weights in the center. MLB is in bed with the sports betting syndicates and hedge funds.

Scherzer to the Mets... @Jack Hayes must be climbing the walls... Lol

I'm not trolling.. But Jack is a great baseball fan... I got to wonder what he is thinking now...

Seager going from a team that won 106 games to a team that lost 102 games. Lol......I guess lots of money assuages all the losing.

Rumor is Scherzer has made it known to the Mets he wants Buck Showalter as the next Mets manager...

Stay tuned...

Kyle Seager announced his retirement today. This makes zero sense to me, unless he just didn't really like playing professional baseball. He's 34 and coming off a career year.

Kyle Seager announced his retirement today. This makes zero sense to me, unless he just didn't really like playing professional baseball. He's 34 and coming off a career year.

He's made $109 million in his career, maybe it seemed like a good time.

HOF balloting is over. David Ortiz is the only one to make into the HOF this year. Good for him. I’m also glad Bonds and Clemons didn’t make it. Their 10 years are up. If either makes it, it will be done by the ERA committee.

Ortiz did the same thing Bonds did. He failed his drug test, meaning years of PED use also.

Ortiz did the same thing Bonds did. He failed his drug test, meaning years of PED use also.
All kinds of athletes at the professional and collegiate did PEDs. Trying to figure out who did and didn't is kind of a which hunt. I played Div 1AA football back in the 1980s and never had a drug test. It is what it is.

All kinds of athletes at the professional and collegiate did PEDs. Trying to figure out who did and didn't is kind of a which hunt. I played Div 1AA football back in the 1980s and never had a drug test. It is what it is.
What it is comes down to who was ‘angry’ and who wasn’t to the delicate sportscasters. As it is, ‘nice’ Ortiz lost 23% of the vote with his well-known PED use. So now it’s just hypocritical different strokes?

Awards and anything outside of the lines causes far more mental friction than the actual game. Cobb and Ruth would not get in today with their dirty play and destructive personas.

Several members of the HoF’s first class wanted both Cobb and Ruth out of the picture. And then there was Kennesaw the racist commissioner …

Clemons continues to show why he isn't in the hall of fame

Clemons continues to show why he isn't in the hall of fame

It makes zero sense you have one of the greatest pitchers and two of the greatest hitters not make the hall.

You cannot tell the story of baseball without Roger Clemens, Pete Rose, and Barry Bonds.

It's an absolute disgrace to all the fans who watched and attended the games. Are my memories false? Every time Bonds was at bad it was must-see tv.

It makes zero sense you have one of the greatest pitchers and two of the greatest hitters not make the hall.

They aren't in the hall due to their own actions. They have acted like little children since the beginning of this and haven't yet changed. Pete Rose will get in before them

You cannot tell the story of baseball without Roger Clemens, Pete Rose, and Barry Bonds.

They dont have to be in the hall to "tell the story of baseball", in fact when people question why they arent in the hall that will be a more true story than if they were in

It's an absolute disgrace to all the fans who watched and attended the games. Are my memories false? Every time Bonds was at bad it was must-see tv.

I think you are creating your own reality again. When Bonds hit 756 only giants fans cared everyone else knew that Bonds left a stain on baseball that will never be erased. Just look at all the joy when Aaron broke the record to when Bonds did.

They aren't in the hall due to their own actions. They have acted like little children since the beginning of this and haven't yet changed. Pete Rose will get in before them

They dont have to be in the hall to "tell the story of baseball", in fact when people question why they arent in the hall that will be a more true story than if they were in

I think you are creating your own reality again. When Bonds hit 756 only giants fans cared everyone else knew that Bonds left a stain on baseball that will never be erased. Just look at all the joy when Aaron broke the record to when Bonds did.

Barry Bonds left a stain on baseball yet David Ortiz did not?

Can you tell me with certainty that David Ortiz did not take steroids?

Back
Top Bottom