• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

13...baseball is exciting when the yankees are back.

As I said, pick up ANY probable pitcher who's pitching against the Mets on any given night, it's almost a sure thing...lol

Last night I picked up this guy, whoever the hell he is, it doesn't matter.. Paolo Espino.
He pitches 5 innings for the Nats, gives up 1 run, Mets lose 2-1 and Espino gets the win.. lol...

The dodgers have the second best record in baseball. Why does it feel that they aren't very good?

The dodgers have the second best record in baseball. Why does it feel that they aren't very good?
I wouldn’t call Buehler, Scherzer, and Uria not very good. If I’m a building team, I’d be looking at a trade for Gavin Lux.

13...baseball is exciting when the yankees are back.
Montas has flipped from a dog to a fave with the Yankees under 0.500 during the day. Gallo and Rizzo are the new difference, however.

Montas has flipped from a dog to a fave with the Yankees under 0.500 during the day. Gallo and Rizzo are the new difference, however.

They have nasty nestor going today. Its going to 14!

As I said, pick up ANY probable pitcher who's pitching against the Mets on any given night, it's almost a sure thing...lol

Last night I picked up this guy, whoever the hell he is, it doesn't matter.. Paolo Espino.
He pitches 5 innings for the Nats, gives up 1 run, Mets lose 2-1 and Espino gets the win.. lol...

How do you feel about the thumbs down celebration? Seems like an odd way make a point about fans booing player performances. Don't think they're going to get sympathy regardless.

So disappointing to watch the Padres stumble down the stretch. Tatis, Machado, and Darvish need to get going this week or they're done.

Tatis seems to miss being in the infield mixing it up with other players.

How do you feel about the thumbs down celebration? Seems like an odd way make a point about fans booing player performances. Don't think they're going to get sympyathy regardless.
They'll get no sympathy from me. I'm old school, the fans pay the players salaries..
If they want to boo, it's their right to boo. If the players want the booing to stop, then perform.. Except for Alfonso no Met position player has performed...29nd out of 30 teams in average runs per game. That's Pitiful..

If I was the Mets brass I'd tell any player that was involved in this we're going to try and trade you during the off season.. Of course because of this many other teams may not want to have anything to do with these players either...

They'll get no sympathy from me. I'm old school, the fans pay the players salaries..
If they want to boo, it's their right to boo. If the players want the booing to stop, then perform.. Except for Alfonso no Met position player has performed...29nd out of 30 teams in average runs per game. That's Pitiful..

If I was the Mets brass I'd tell any player that was involved in this we're going to try and trade you during the off season.. Of course because of this many other teams may not want to have anything to do with these players either...
The so-called smartest fans in MLB should start their booing towards the three admin stooges: Cohen, Alderson, Rojas.

Fans in all sports across the country are out of control, getting worse, trying to out-asshole each other. Look at the NFL fights.

So disappointing to watch the Padres stumble down the stretch. Tatis, Machado, and Darvish need to get going this week or they're done.

Tatis seems to miss being in the infield mixing it up with other players.
You’ve got the worst manager in MLB; Darvish admitted he was a spinner and has been awful since the June 1st crackdown; Clevinger for Quantril didn’t work out; Frazier was a poor signing; Snell has been much better and I enjoy watching him pitch and hit his K props.

The so-called smartest fans in MLB should start their booing towards the three admin stooges: Cohen, Alderson, Rojas.

Fans in all sports across the country are out of control, getting worse, trying to out-asshole each other. Look at the NFL fights.
I'm not saying fans are not out of control, in many cases they are. But simply booing? Booing players who all year long have underperformed? In my book that's acceptable... That's been going on for 100 years..

I'm not saying fans are not out of control, in many cases they are. But simply booing? Booing players who all year long have underperformed? In my book that's acceptable... That's been going on for 100 years..
Imho, booing players in front of impressionable kids K-12 doesn’t seem like the way to promote MLB in a positive way in this day and age.

Kids will then act out the same way in their regular lives as the drinking adults they see booing their own team, the umps, and jeering opponents.

Imho, booing players in front of impressionable kids K-12 doesn’t seem like the way to promote MLB in a positive way in this day and age.

Kids will then act out the same way in their regular lives as the drinking adults they see booing their own team, the umps, and jeering opponents.
I disagree.. Booing is part of sports... Fighting, swearing, giving the finger, etc. is NOT!!!

But booing to show displeasure in the way a team or player is preforming? I have no problem with that..

I disagree.. Booing is part of sports... Fighting, swearing, giving the finger, etc. is NOT!!!

But booing to show displeasure in the way a team or player is preforming? I have no problem with that..
I have no problem with the players having an inside joke about getting booed, either.

If you dont have a mutual fan/player love, like they do at Wrigley, you might as well have a spite fest. The thumbs down is funny, but Javy probably shouldnt have mentioned in out loud.

The Mets circling the drain and now fighting with their own fans has been one of the best things of the season so far.

Not trolling. Just not a fan of the Mets. Never have been. I really need to the Giants to do a Mets-esque collapse.

Who do you think you are trolling? Lol

You’ve got the worst manager in MLB; Darvish admitted he was a spinner and has been awful since the June 1st crackdown; Clevinger for Quantril didn’t work out; Frazier was a poor signing; Snell has been much better and I enjoy watching him pitch and hit his K props.
Patino is another pitcher SD traded away who is starting to put it together with Tampa.

Not sure Tingler was the right choice but willing to give him a pass this season. Still like the Padres chances of atleast going to a WS in the next 3 or 4 yrs.

They will crash and burn every time.

Patino is another pitcher SD traded away who is starting to put it together with Tampa.

Not sure Tingler was the right choice but willing to give him a pass this season. Still like the Padres chances of atleast going to a WS in the next 3 or 4 yrs.

They will crash and burn every time.
Ok, Nostradamus... Will admit San Diego teams have a history of failure so you I can see your reasoning. In defense, Padres had the misfortune of playing dominate Yankee and Detroit teams in both WS appearances and Chargers played a great 49er team in their only SB.

Dodgers have a great history and tradition of winning, and I'm happy for you to like a team who've always had the resources to reload instead of rebuild like many in MLB teams. That said, until you beat a low budgeted Ray's team with your mega budgeted one Dodgers crashed and burned a few times since their last championship in '88.

Plus their fans aren't worthy. They're uppity and disrespectful of their betters.

Ok, Nostradamus... Will admit San Diego teams have a history of failure so you I can see your reasoning. In defense, Padres had the misfortune of playing dominate Yankee and Detroit teams in both WS appearances and Chargers played a great 49er team in their only SB.

Dodgers have a great history and tradition of winning, and I'm happy for you to like a team who've always had the resources to reload instead of rebuild like many in MLB teams. That said, until you beat a low budgeted Ray's team with your mega budgeted one Dodgers crashed and burned a few times since their last championship in '88.

Back
Top Bottom