• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

@Ikari checking in to see if you're OK since the Cubs were seriously gutted the past 2 days.

It killed me to give up season Cubs tickets in 2019. We had them for about 20 years but just got too expensive. Now don't care about going to Cubs games at all. Not true, still will attend a game or two but - may be a while before Cubs are fun again.

Cubs and Nats clean house...
It was sad to see these two recent WS champs disintegrate. It’s been sad to see all the injuries this year. The news on dG today wasn’t good.

It’s sad to see small markets sell off their players. Teams like the Dodgers and Yankees are already ignoring the CBT, which larger markets want to increase IF we get an agreement for next year.

More like to all of MLB. Let them continue to ignore SF and MIL. They scored zero runs today.
Anybody but the Dodgers is my line every year. Lol.

Wouldn't mind the Brewers doing well in the playoffs. Always like the underdog storyline.

Anybody but the Dodgers is my line every year. Lol.

Wouldn't mind the Brewers doing well in the playoffs. Always like the underdog storyline.
And the Yankees. Cubs sure helped them with Rizzo. Tough to see Tatis get hurt tonight. Reds are playing well.

Good move by the Cubs dumping Tepera on the Sox. He just blew a lead for us.

It killed me to give up season Cubs tickets in 2019. We had them for about 20 years but just got too expensive. Now don't care about going to Cubs games at all. Not true, still will attend a game or two but - may be a while before Cubs are fun again.
I think it’s fantastic what they did. You know those guys aren’t all coming back, so by dumping everyone at one, you get a boatload of prospects and are set up to get some FA signings next year, snd be competitive in a couple years. Brilliant work by Jed.

I do have a suspicion they’ll bring Rizzo back.

I think it’s fantastic what they did. You know those guys aren’t all coming back, so by dumping everyone at one, you get a boatload of prospects and are set up to get some FA signings next year, snd be competitive in a couple years. Brilliant work by Jed.

I do have a suspicion they’ll bring Rizzo back.

Rizzo is a special player. I'm sure the Yankees are working on an extension with him.

Can't believe the Yankees got him.

Rizzo is a special player. I'm sure the Yankees are working on an extension with him.

Can't believe the Yankees got him.
Angels launched Heaney for a reason. Great to see pretty boy huge faves struggling today. BJs go down in the 10th ghost inning as -300 faves. Rays and Yanks getting spanked as huge faves.

Monumental choke by the MLBPA not taking the universal DH and expanded playoffs 7 months ago ...

@radioman — how about your Giants — they were my first team back in 1961 — I’m pulling for KB — Gausman was back to normal tonight — Kelly from AZ’s good tomorrow

@radioman — how about your Giants — they were my first team back in 1961 — I’m pulling for KB — Gausman was back to normal tonight — Kelly from AZ’s good tomorrow
Right back atcha.
How 'bout them Chisox?

Right back atcha.
How 'bout them Chisox?
Giolito got bombed again today by KC. He was a spider tack cheater. KC has some great young starting pitchers for the future. Went to a sold-out Sox at Brewer game on 7/24. Been sick ever since.

Hard to believe the MLBPA didn’t want more playoff teams and the universal DH. With no progress yet, many insiders believe we won’t have baseball next year. Really disappointed ten markets won’t be alive in September.

I’m still above 0.500 on these sports betting apps. For tomorrow, I have AZ in 5 innings behind Kelly and the Phillies on the Run line (-1.5) at the tanking Nats. I’m afraid Covid will wreck fall sports.

Giolito got bombed again today by KC. He was a spider tack cheater. KC has some great young starting pitchers for the future. Went to a sold-out Sox at Brewer game on 7/24. Been sick ever since.
I had something a couple weeks ago.
As I've gotten older, I occasionally get these colds where I can't take a deep breath without my chest aching.
Then I get a runny nose and it's gone.
With COVID around it was a little worrisome.
Hard to believe the MLBPA didn’t want more playoff teams and the universal DH. With no progress yet, many insiders believe we won’t have baseball next year. Really disappointed ten markets won’t be alive in September.
I'm not a fan of the DH, but I'm surprised the MLBPA would oppose its universality, as well as expanded playoffs.

I’m still above 0.500 on these sports betting apps. For tomorrow, I have AZ in 5 innings behind Kelly and the Phillies on the Run line (-1.5) at the tanking Nats. I’m afraid Covid will wreck fall sports.
COVID is gonna be with us.....maybe forever. Hopefully, more people being vaxxed will stem the tide.
Very worrisome situation.

Not an insider of course, but I seriously doubt we have baseball next year. The animosity between the two sides last season was palpable.

Not an insider of course, but I seriously doubt we have baseball next year. The animosity between the two sides last season was palpable.
VSIN isn’t very positive about it. With the way Covid is surging, we may not finish this season.

I have no evidence, but I swear to God about 25 years ago the owners, the players, the players union and the TV networks all sat down at a meeting and discussed how can we kill this great game of ours.

They've done soooooo many stupid things over the past few decades it seems like they are purposely trying to destroy the game..

If I had $5 for every time this year the Mets had the bases loaded with 1 or no outs and didn't score I would be able to take me and my wife out to a very expensive restaurant with that money..

If I had $5 for every time this year the Mets had the bases loaded with 1 or no outs and didn't score I would be able to take me and my wife out to a very expensive restaurant with that money..
I feel your pain.
A team has to pick up at least one run in those situations.
Baseball can be very frustrating when our teams don't come through.
Just get a hit...or a sac fly....it's easy...LOL

Javier Baez becomes the first Mets player to get the platinum Sombrero (0-5 with 5 swinging Ks) since Dave Kingman in 1982. :cautious:

I'm in 3 fantasy baseball leagues. I just dropped Conforto from all 3 leagues. I tired of waiting..

1st half of the season when the awful, Pitiful Mets offense scored 3 runs thanks to the great pitching 3 runs was enough. Well 3 runs ain't enough anymore. The Pitiful Mets offense now has to step up, but they're not..

Like I said, the bubble is about ready to burst..

I'm in 3 fantasy baseball leagues. I just dropped Conforto from all 3 leagues. I tired of waiting..

1st half of the season when the awful, Pitiful Mets offense scored 3 runs thanks to the great pitching 3 runs was enough. Well 3 runs ain't enough anymore. The Pitiful Mets offense now has to step up, but they're not..

Like I said, the bubble is about ready to burst..
The bubble already burst. The Mets are in free fall and should be in second place by the end of the evening.

Hard to believe that I am saying this but...

SF Giants have been the best team in baseball for three months. And we get garlic fries at the park.
1628359198237.png

Back
Top Bottom