• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

Covid is also the reason why median salaries are down, I'm just pointing out that owners are losing money too. You are the one pushing the "revenues are up" narrative
You're using the Covid year to bolster your argument which is fine, but the trend started before and continues. Really have to go back the last CBA and include the lucrative tv deals the MLB and individual teams have signed to see the players got PLAYED.

The biggest mistake a league can make is to pay young players too much. We have seen this backfire in the NFL already
Ok, what is too much? Just don't think the figures support they're overpaid.

You're using the Covid year to bolster your argument which is fine, but the trend started before and continues. Really have to go back the last CBA and include the lucrative tv deals the MLB and individual teams have signed to see the players got PLAYED.

That is the biggest problem MLB currently has, they are still running the league from a local perspective vs a national one

Ok, what is too much? Just don't think the figures support they're overpaid.

I'm not saying they are overpaid now, I'm saying if they do become overpaid it creates a bad situation.

I'm not saying they are overpaid now, I'm saying if they do become overpaid it creates a bad situation.
Think there's going to a compromise on raising the minimum in the range $650k for 0 to 1 years. Which is in line with inflation since the last CBA. Is this too much in your opinion?

Also, think they'll be a compromise on a pool of money for certain deserving players with 2 to 3 yrs of service time. The owners have offered $10 million the players want $100 mil. Honestly don't know what is a fair amount for these young players.

I'm sure the players want more of the pie besides increases for young players and also are worried owners will pay other players less to compensate for an increases in pay for younger players. Unfortunately, don't see a way to guarantee it won't happen so I'm sure it's another roadblock.

Back
Top Bottom