• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2020

I really want an Atlanta vs TB World Series. Ronald Acuna is my new favorite player (and the mainstay of my dynasty team). On the AL side, the Braves may be an easier matchup for the Rays than the Dodgers.

How are they deciding homefield this year?

I was hoping for a Rays/Braves World Series. Oh well...at least, the two best records are going at it.

I was hoping for a Rays/Braves World Series. Oh well...at least, the two best records are going at it.
Both teams deserve to be there.

Dodgers move on to face the Rays in the World Series!

Unfortunately, this WS will have a definite * next to it. At least with the NBA, the majority of the regular season was played before they went to the bubble.

I really hate to say it.

This will be a fine WS. Best part: Neither Yankees nor Cheatstros will be there.
Agree on Astros. Especially that midget bastard.
What have you got against the Yankees? The payroll?

Agree on Astros. Especially that midget bastard.
What have you got against the Yankees? The payroll?
My uncle was a pitcher in the Cardinals' farm system. Family lore had it that he was to be called up to the major league club in 1942. Then Pearl Harbor. In those days the Cards met the Yankees several times in the WS. Family were firm Yankee-haters. It's how I was raised.

My uncle was a pitcher in the Cardinals' farm system. Family lore had it that he was to be called up to the major league club in 1942. Then Pearl Harbor. In those days the Cards met the Yankees several times in the WS. Family were firm Yankee-haters. It's how I was raised.
Man o man the Hays clan can really hold a grudge.

Dodgers take big lead. 6-1

Rays pull off an improbable 'come from behind' win, 8 - 7, in the bottom of the 9th, to tie the series 2 - 2!

Way to go Rays!

Rays pull off an improbable 'come from behind' win, 8 - 7, in the bottom of the 9th, to tie the series 2 - 2!

Way to go Rays!

Classic Dodgers choke. And they have big game Kershaw going the next game?

No way I could stay awake until after midnight, I made it until about the 6th innings.... But from watching the highlights it was a hell of an ending.. 1 of the weirdest ever... 2 errors on the last play?? Has that ever happened in the post season before?

No way I could stay awake until after midnight, I made it until about the 6th innings.... But from watching the highlights it was a hell of an ending.. 1 of the weirdest ever... 2 errors on the last play?? Has that ever happened in the post season before?
I tuned in to the bottom of the 9th. That was a good decision!
High drama..
What was amazing was the guy who was going for home literally fell down halfway between third and home - but he still managed to keep his wits about him and score when the ball squirted out of the catchers grasp.

I tuned in to the bottom of the 9th. That was a good decision!
High drama..
What was amazing was the guy who was going for home literally fell down halfway between third and home - but he still managed to keep his wits about him and score when the ball squirted out of the catchers grasp.
If anyone missed it, here’s a camera shot of his run and eventual score:

Back
Top Bottom