• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2020

Interesting to see that the Red Sox rehired Alex Cora. The guys that play for him really seem to love him.

Disgraceful. Another 100 year curse has been started.

Interesting to see that the Red Sox rehired Alex Cora. The guys that play for him really seem to love him.

They foolishly traded away Mookie Betts. I would not have returned and asked for the White Sox job. At least Cora isn't a drunk.

Both those pitchers are from so cal. So, So cal sweeps Cy Young.

🤟🤘
I am a big Bauer fan however pitching in Cincy is not the same as pitching in NY or LA. There isn't nearly as much pressure.

I am a big Bauer fan however pitching in Cincy is not the same as pitching in NY or LA. There isn't nearly as much pressure.
That's true.

I wouldn't have been surprised to find out he passed, just surprised I missed it!

He's sick:

The Dodgers said that the 93-year-old Hall of Famer is in intensive care and is resting comfortably in a hospital in Orange County.
Less than a month ago, Lasorda was in the stands as the Dodgers won the World Series against the Tampa Bay Rays in Arlington, Texas.

I hope he hangs on a little longer until we can have a decent life celebration for him. We need a favor from the big Dodger in the sky.

"I bleed Dodger blue and when I die, I'm going to the big Dodger in the sky."

They foolishly traded away Mookie Betts. I would not have returned and asked for the White Sox job. At least Cora isn't a drunk.
I'm really surprised anyone would touch Cora, at this point.

I'm really surprised anyone would touch Cora, at this point.
Not me.. He's a good manager, and I think most people in baseball realize that what the Astros did was wrong, but not that big a deal and not much different than other teams were doing... AND that the MLB mishandled the whole mess.. MLB knew what was going on long before the shit hit the fan, but they did nothing.. They deserve as much blame as the Astros...

BTW when are the Yankees going to release the letter Manfred wrote to Cashman about the Yankee sign stealing? The Yankees have been fighting tooth and nail for months not to have that released? I wonder why? ;)

Not me.. He's a good manager, and I think most people in baseball realize that what the Astros did was wrong, but not that big a deal and not much different than other teams were doing... AND that the MLB mishandled the whole mess.. MLB knew what was going on long before the shit hit the fan, but they did nothing.. They deserve as much blame as the Astros...

BTW when are the Yankees going to release the letter Manfred wrote to Cashman about the Yankee sign stealing? The Yankees have been fighting tooth and nail for months not to have that released? I wonder why? ;)
I missed the fact that Hinch got a job, as well. I guess there will be no black list from that scandal.

Gee...seems like the Yanks might be hiding something ; )

I missed the fact that Hinch got a job, as well. I guess there will be no black list from that scandal.

Gee...seems like the Yanks might be hiding something ; )
Yanks and I'm sure a whole bunch of other teams are/were hiding something.

I'm not an Astros fan, I could give a rats ass about them..

But other teams were cheating, and MLB knew about it, and like the steroids scandal MLB didn't do a damn thing until the press got a hold of the scandal and the crap hit the fan..

Want to stop sign stealing? Do want the NFL did 10 years ago. have it so the dugout can talk directly to the pitcher and catcher just like in the NFL the sidelines can talk directly to the QB and the defensive QB... Done!!

But no, Manfred and the rest of the MLB front office didn't do a thing, hell they still haven't...

What you doing, padres?

It seems the consensus is that the padres are mortgaging their future. But on the other hand, you gotta strike while the iron's hot. Unfortunately for them, they're in the same division/league/sport as the Dodgers.

Reckless trading. Overpaid big time.

It seems the consensus is that the padres are mortgaging their future. But on the other hand, you gotta strike while the iron's hot. Unfortunately for them, they're in the same division/league/sport as the Dodgers.
What??

The Pads stole Darvish.
They gave up four teenagers- none a top prospect- and Davies- a mediocre pitcher, for a guy who could have won the Cy Young and a decent hitting catcher.

Looks like yet another scandal the MLB brass knew about, but looked the other way. This kind of thing is way what the Astros did didn't bother me all that much...

In a text message, Gerrit Cole reportedly asked Brian Harkins for help "with this sticky situation."

Back
Top Bottom