• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2019

Boy did the Dodgers make a tragic mistake trading Yordan Alvarez for Joshua Fields.

The Dodgers are a well-run organization but wow.

A’s are playing pretty well right now, eh? Great home stand winning 6 of 7 against the Astros and Yanks. Now you have the Dodgers.

Yes this is a real name of a company... And Keith Hernandez couldn't say the name without laughing...

Early in the game, Hernandez was tasked with introducing the starting infield for the Cleveland Indians, a segment sponsored by "Hiscox," an insurance company. Someone with a much more sophisticated sense of humor (aka a stick up their ass) would not bat an eye at that sponsor's name. But Hernandez has never and will never grow up, and that's why you got to love him. Listen as Keith tries to contain himself when he reads "Hiscox":

Mets broadcaster Keith Hernandez laughs at sponsor'''s, um, interesting name, remains the man - Golf Digest

Probably of limited interest elsewhere, but this is a big deal.

Judge sides with Nationals in Orioles TV dispute (ESPN/AP)
It looks like it really, really could be all over: a judge ruled the Orioles owe the Nats $296.8 million for their TV rights between 2012 and 2016, confirming an arbitration panel's decision — and the Nats may get interest, too. It is a potentially franchise-altering decision, as it gives the Nats an entirely new source of income and could well spell massive changes for the Orioles and MASN as well.

Washington Nationals gain decisive legal victory in long-running MASN fight | SportBusiness Media
After eight long years of the Nats battling the Orioles in court, and the Orioles nit-picking at every single possible thing to avoid paying the Nats their money, Baltimore will owe Washington “nearly $100 million” (contradicting other reports?) in rights fees.

Probably of limited interest elsewhere, but this is a big deal.

Judge sides with Nationals in Orioles TV dispute (ESPN/AP)
It looks like it really, really could be all over: a judge ruled the Orioles owe the Nats $296.8 million for their TV rights between 2012 and 2016, confirming an arbitration panel's decision — and the Nats may get interest, too. It is a potentially franchise-altering decision, as it gives the Nats an entirely new source of income and could well spell massive changes for the Orioles and MASN as well.

Washington Nationals gain decisive legal victory in long-running MASN fight | SportBusiness Media
After eight long years of the Nats battling the Orioles in court, and the Orioles nit-picking at every single possible thing to avoid paying the Nats their money, Baltimore will owe Washington “nearly $100 million” (contradicting other reports?) in rights fees.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

This was news to me, and since many millions of dollars IS a big deal, all I can say is "Good for the Nationals!" :yes: Whatever possessed the Orioles to drag this out for so many years? :thumbdown:

This was news to me, and since many millions of dollars IS a big deal, all I can say is "Good for the Nationals!" :yes: Whatever possessed the Orioles to drag this out for so many years? :thumbdown:

Greetings Polgara.:2wave:

Orioles owner Peter Angelos never wanted the Nationals in "his" territory to begin with, and has sought to cripple the Washington franchise every step of the way.

Before the year started many people including myself thought the NL East was going to be the best division in baseball. But after the first couple months of the season they look like the worst division in baseball. The Nationals and Mets stunk. The Braves and the Phillies were mediocre.

But now here we are going into September and four out of the five teams in the division are over 500, and the Braves are probably the second best team in the National League.

Baseball is a funny sport.

Are you a fan of the Indians?

Nats won a night game in Pittsburgh, got on a plane, and won a day game in Chicago. Toughness.

What is with the ridiculous all black or white uniforms?

Not sure. I think the Nats got played a bit, agreeing to wear black for an August day game. But they overcame.

Didn't seem to affect them. The whites are ugly. At least the black look some what okay, reminds me of the older White Sox uniforms.

All wearing white hats except for deGrom, black. Even the batting helmets were all white or black.

Before the year started many people including myself thought the NL East was going to be the best division in baseball. But after the first couple months of the season they look like the worst division in baseball. The Nationals and Mets stunk. The Braves and the Phillies were mediocre.

But now here we are going into September and four out of the five teams in the division are over 500, and the Braves are probably the second best team in the National League.

Baseball is a funny sport.

Braves may have the 2nd best record, but with Max back, I don’t think they’re the 2nd best team. Dodgers will be praying for the #2 WC to knock off the Nats. Three days off will once again negatively affect the three division winners; 4 days off in the AL.

NL Central looks to be tailing off. I don’t see the pitching of the Cubs holding up. Cardinals are too right-handed and just don’t hit enough. I’ve been watching the 3-way race for the two WC spots in the AL lately. A’s are hot right now, and off again today on a Friday.

Indians were thrilled to get out of NYC. The nightlife might have been fun, but they got little love on the field.

Checking schedules — sees the Indians finishing at home with the Twins, Tigers and Phillies — and then on the road with the White Sox and Nationals.

The Marlins pitcher looks okay, all white but the hat shoes and long sleeve undershirt. I'm not buying.

The Marlins have felt the brunt of the other 4 teams in the NL East playing so well. They have decent potential in their starting staff, especially Caleb Smith and Alcantara. For now, the Stroman trade was brilliant, as was the A’s trade getting Roark.

Are you a fan of the Indians?

Greetings, Linc,

Yeah, the old "loyalty" thing kicks in every time......:thumbs:

How are you doing? I miss you!!

Back
Top Bottom