• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major case on race-based college admissions is going to Supreme Court next month !

Channe79

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College
Oral argument scheduled: October 11, 2022

Issue at hand: Issue: Whether the Supreme Court should overrule Grutter v. Bollinger and hold that institutions of higher education cannot use race as a factor in admissions

This is due to a clear bias against Asian and White Americans who are often denied admissions to make room for less academically deserving Black and Latino students. Harvard is clearly violating the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act by penalizing Asian American applicants by "engaging in racial balancing, overemphasizing race and rejecting workable race-neutral alternatives."

Leftists don't want people to be judged on their character, knowledge, or skills.
They want people to be judged by their race/gender/sexual orientation.
If we truly let the chips fall where they may, most Ivy League schools would be 99% Asian American and White.

Your argument is legitimate because you say you're black.

Your argument is legitimate because you say you're black.
I've never said I'm Black.
I'm of South and Central Asian blood.
But stop deflecting and address the topic.
This matters because Asians are being discriminated against by woke leftists in admissions boards.

Last edited:
I've never said I'm Black.
I'm of Asian heritage: half South Asian, half Central Asian.
But stop deflecting and address the topic.
This matters because Asians are being discriminated against by woke leftists in admissions boards.
It's the same old argument in a newer, shinier package. If a certain number of black people must be accepted, then that's discrimination against white people. Conservatives leapt on this because it puts a more "legitimate" spin on an old and stupid argument.

Something else that needs to be fixed.

It's the same old argument in a newer, shinier package. If a certain number of black people must be accepted, then that's discrimination against white people. Conservatives leapt on this because it puts a more "legitimate" spin on an old and stupid argument.
So you're fine with discrimination, got it.
Problem with leftists is they're bigots - be it the kkk or today's woke sjw's.

And you support discrimination against black people. Are we good here?

Give me one example of this. I'm against certain cultures, attitudes, and beliefs; not race.

The left believes in fighting discrimination WITH discrimination, even if it isn't discrimination. Biden also tried that with buisness loans giving preferential treatment to African Americans which was slapped down by the courts.

Practicing actual equal opportunity in college admissions does not discriminate black people. Affirmative Action does discriminate aginst Asians and Caucasians.

Leftists don't want people to be judged on their character, knowledge, or skills.
LEFTIST CAN FLY. LEFTISTS LIVE UNDER MY BED AND WHISPER THEIR LEFTIST EVIL AT ME ALL NIGHT. SOMETIMES I HUG MY KNEES IN THE SHOWER AND ROCK BACK AND FORTH TO MAKE THE LEFTISTS GO AWAY. LEFTISTS STOMP UP AND DOWN THE UNDERSIDE OF MY STAIRCASE AT NIGHT. LEFTISTS STOLE MY MEDS.

Practicing actual equal opportunity in college admissions does not discriminate black people. Affirmative Action does discriminate aginst Asians and Caucasians.
Only in the sense that colleges aren't allowed to discriminate against black people.

But discriminating aginst Asians and Caucasians are fine?
If systemic discrimination against black people didn't exist, equal opportunity wouldn't need to exist. All you're arguing for is letting colleges discriminate against black people.

Only in the sense that colleges aren't allowed to discriminate against black people.

Why should (only?) black folks be exempt from racial discrimination if it’s acceptable to use racial preference (or higher admission standards) for others?

Why should (only?) black folks be exempt from racial discrimination if it’s acceptable to use racial preference (or higher admission standards) for others?
So what's your solution for preventing colleges from discriminating against black people?

If systemic discrimination against black people didn't exist, equal opportunity wouldn't need to exist. All you're arguing for is letting colleges discriminate against black people.

But it's not equal opportunity giving Black's preferential treatment. That's not equal.

But it's not equal opportunity giving Black's preferential treatment. That's not equal.
What are the percentages required under equal opportunity?

So what's your solution for preventing colleges from discriminating against black people?

The answer is certainly not by discriminating aginst other races. You cannot fight against discrimination by implementing discrimination.

The same solution used against any racial, gender or ethnic discrimination - a case requiring (specific) evidence for each individual allegation. Having admission standards vary based on race, gender and/or ethnicity is discrimination.

The answer is certainly not by discriminating aginst other races. You cannot fight against discrimination by implementing discrimination.
Yes, we already know you don't like this solution. So what's your solution?

The same solution used against any racial, gender or ethnic discrimination - a case requiring (specific) evidence for each individual allegation. Having admission standards vary based on race, gender and/or ethnicity is discrimination.
And how do you prove that? In case you didn't know, racists are only rarely wearing KKK hats now, and usually don't announce racism as a motive for discriminating against minorities.

You and I both know that if there wasn't EO, the old boy system would keep universities white as snow.

Back
Top Bottom