• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MainStream Media's typical ploy

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Meet the Press had NRA's Wayne LaPierre on and he explains why increased gun restrictions are stupid. He wants better data for background check which of course might have stopped the recent shootings where the buyers slipped through the system (though I believe premeditated killers will still get guns) though there were obvious problems with a man who called the cops saying he was hearing voices and who had shot out the tires of someone's car.

so in response, we get a woman whose daughter was killed in the gun free zone of Aurora Colorado who claims we need the expanded background checks as JUST A GOOD FIRST STEP. No questions as to what other steps she wants

I had to wonder they the shooting in Africa was getting so much more attention then the shootings in DC or Chicago? Wierd, but its not hard to figure out.

Washington DC
- gunman used a shotgun - Joe said buy a shotgun
- govt wants background checks - the guy had a Federal background done in June?
- media said he used the hated AR-15; fail
- anti's want background checks - see item #2
- and the real winner - Billy J. Clinton signed the gun restrictions for the center so the people were unarmed.

Chicago
- shooters were black - likely
- victims were black - I'm guessing haven't looked
- shooters were criminals - gang members
- Chicago has tough restrictions on law abiding citizens - not gangs

These events just don't help them promote their "start" the woman on Meet the Press wants against guns. Anti's
always want to just impose more and more against law abiding people - to reduce the voting base of gun owners.

Meet the Press had NRA's Wayne LaPierre on and he explains why increased gun restrictions are stupid. He wants better data for background check which of course might have stopped the recent shootings where the buyers slipped through the system (though I believe premeditated killers will still get guns) though there were obvious problems with a man who called the cops saying he was hearing voices and who had shot out the tires of someone's car.

so in response, we get a woman whose daughter was killed in the gun free zone of Aurora Colorado who claims we need the expanded background checks as JUST A GOOD FIRST STEP. No questions as to what other steps she wants
Hey, an emotional appeal to the nation's mostly uninformed usually does the trick...at least for a little while...but then some, sometimes many, start thinking...it is why MSM is a living, but dying out, dinosaur...One can almost hear the sit-in liberal chant, sitting in a circle holding hands----:monkey:monkey:monkey:stooges This is stinking, the collective masses are actually thinking, our beloved mainstream media is a-sinking... :boohoo:

Truth, sooner or later, generally triumphs.

I just heard a very sensible proposal by Jody Weiss, Chicago. (Jesus. Chicago.) He believes we need to make gun crimes, illegal guns, etc. a Federal crime. Biggest advantage he saw was consistent sentencing across the board, and the fact that Federal sentences require 80% of one's sentence be served.

Since I think most of us agree that there are too many illegal guns out there, seems to me we have to do something different if we expect anything to change. I hope this idea gets legs.

I just heard a very sensible proposal by Jody Weiss, Chicago. (Jesus. Chicago.) He believes we need to make gun crimes, illegal guns, etc. a Federal crime. Biggest advantage he saw was consistent sentencing across the board, and the fact that Federal sentences require 80% of one's sentence be served.

Since I think most of us agree that there are too many illegal guns out there, seems to me we have to do something different if we expect anything to change. I hope this idea gets legs.

almost all gun crimes are already a federal violation. so is lying on the brady form yet less than one tenth of one percent of those claimed to have violated that law have been prosecuted. So what good is making more things crimes when current federal crimes aren't prosecuted?

I saw the "good first step" comment from her and others over the last few days.
But its failed hope that its going to happen. And they know it. Obama holds no cards in the gun debate at all right now, and his weakened lame duck status is not going to help.

I just heard a very sensible proposal by Jody Weiss, Chicago. (Jesus. Chicago.) He believes we need to make gun crimes, illegal guns, etc. a Federal crime…

Unless the “crime” crosses state lines, it's none of the federal government's damn business. See the Tenth Amendment.

And there is no such thing as an “illegal gun”, unless it is stolen or otherwise acquired in a manner that unjustly violates someone else's rights. See the Second Amendment.

There is nothing whatsoever “sensible” about the proposal of which you speak. Just another effort to illegally expand the power of the federal government, and shrink the rights of the people. Exactly the sort of crap we expect to see coming from a place like Chicago. Chicago really needs to get its own act together before it even thinks of trying to tell the rest of the country what to do.

Last edited:
I saw the "good first step" comment from her and others over the last few days.
But its failed hope that its going to happen. And they know it. Obama holds no cards in the gun debate at all right now, and his weakened lame duck status is not going to help.

lets hope so but one more massacre in a gun free zone involving kids and the grim weepers will be back in full force

I read in the paper yesterday that the idiot Chief of Police in Chicago was blaming the multiple person shooting on everything that Obama and Feinstein had asked to be banned. He blamed it on an AR-15 type high capacity........blah blah blah and I don't even think the weapons in question were recovered. Ballistics wouldn't have matched the magazine capacity so right there I know the clown is lying to the press to advance the ball. And honestly that should be filed as a criminal charge against the chief for whatever can be filed for those direct lies.

I read in the paper yesterday that the idiot Chief of Police in Chicago was blaming the multiple person shooting on everything that Obama and Feinstein had asked to be banned. He blamed it on an AR-15 type high capacity........blah blah blah and I don't even think the weapons in question were recovered. Ballistics wouldn't have matched the magazine capacity so right there I know the clown is lying to the press to advance the ball. And honestly that should be filed as a criminal charge against the chief for whatever can be filed for those direct lies.
he is an impotent scum bag who wants to blame guns for the failings of his department and his leash holding masters. HE's an enemy of common sense and the constitution

he is an impotent scum bag who wants to blame guns for the failings of his department and his leash holding masters. HE's an enemy of common sense and the constitution
I don't see how he can lie about a police investigation with impunity though, I get that the media started the narrative which is why they willingly pass the lie along, but that lie by itself should be a felony.

Unless the “crime” crosses state lines, it's none of the federal government's damn business. See the Tenth Amendment.

And there is no such thing as an “illegal gun”, unless it is stolen or otherwise acquired in a manner that unjustly violates someone else's rights. See the Second Amendment.

There is nothing whatsoever “sensible” about the proposal of which you speak. Just another effort to illegally expand the power of the federal government, and shrink the rights of the people. Exactly the sort of crap we expect to see coming from a place like Chicago. Chicago really needs to get its own act together before it even thinks of trying to tell the rest of the country what to do.

Really? Well, perhaps you boys'd better get your stories straight:

Almost all gun crimes are already a federal violation. so is lying on the brady form. yet less than one tenth of one percent of those claimed to have violated that law have been prosecuted. So what good is making more things crimes when current federal crimes aren't prosecuted?

And, you say, "There's no such thing as an illegal gun unless it is stolen or otherwise acquired in a manner that unjustly violates someone else's rights." To that statement, I'd say a loud "Duh." Selling guns out of the trunk of your car to gang bangers is illegal. Straw purchases, where many if not most of these guns are acquired, are illegal. A gun owned by a felon is illegal.

Seems like you didn't think your post through very well.

And, you say, "There's no such thing as an illegal gun unless it is stolen or otherwise acquired in a manner that unjustly violates someone else's rights." To that statement, I'd say a loud "Duh." Selling guns out of the trunk of your car to gang bangers is illegal. Straw purchases, where many if not most of these guns are acquired, are illegal. A gun owned by a felon is illegal.

Seems like you didn't think your post through very well.

I am trying to figure out what I have said that you are complaining about. If the gun crossed state lines at some point, the federal government has created for itself a bogus but currently recognized power to act

but the point is, we could jail just about anyone who is denied a gun due to the brady back ground check yet less than 300 have been prosecuted for lying on the form

and guess what-if you admit you cannot legally buy a gun when you fill out the form, they don't even do the Background check-they say I CANNOT SELL YOU THIS GUN please LEAVE

I am trying to figure out what I have said that you are complaining about. If the gun crossed state lines at some point, the federal government has created for itself a bogus but currently recognized power to act

but the point is, we could jail just about anyone who is denied a gun due to the brady back ground check yet less than 300 have been prosecuted for lying on the form

and guess what-if you admit you cannot legally buy a gun when you fill out the form, they don't even do the Background check-they say I CANNOT SELL YOU THIS GUN please LEAVE

No, sorry if I left with you with that impression. Not my intent. I take you at your word that people are already violating Federal laws with, as I think you said, "most gun crimes." It's Bob who said "unless the crime crosses state lines...."

lets hope so but one more massacre in a gun free zone involving kids and the grim weepers will be back in full force

12 people were gunned down on one of our oldest Naval bases. A storied and historic site. Most were people who were retired from one job or another or soon to be that seemed to live exemplary lives.
People who were working well past their prime because a younger workforce is just not out there with skill and commitment.
I find that just as bad as a massacre that kills children.

12 people were gunned down on one of our oldest Naval bases. A storied and historic site. Most were people who were retired from one job or another or soon to be that seemed to live exemplary lives.
People who were working well past their prime because a younger workforce is just not out there with skill and commitment.
I find that just as bad as a massacre that kills children.

I do too but the anti gun types see deaths of kids more useful for their schemes

No, it is not.

Neither the Second Amendment, nor anything else anywhere in the Constitution, gives government the authority to discriminate in this manner, with regard to who may exercise the right to keep and bear arms.

It is government that has acted and continues acting illegally, by engaging in this discrimination, and it is those public servants who go along with it who are the truest criminals.

That government and its agents routinely wipe their asses with the Constitution is not in any way a valid excuse for any extant violation of the Constitution, nor for any new proposed violation of the Constitution.

It is also illegal for the federal government to claim or exercise powers which the Constitution does not specifically delegate thereto. The Tenth Amendment reserves any and all such powers to the states, or to the people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom