• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mainstream article

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I know most of you here don't believe anything said by non-mainstream independent sources. But we are starting to see the official covid lies exposed in mainstream sources also:
1. SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus has a far higher fatality rate than the flu by several orders of magnitude.

2. Everyone is at significant risk to die from this virus.

3. No one has any immunological protection, because this virus is completely new.

4. Asymptomatic people are major drivers of the spread.

5. Locking down—closing schools and businesses, confining people to their homes, stopping non-COVID medical care, and eliminating travel—will stop or eliminate the virus.

6. Masks will protect everyone and stop the spread.

7. The virus is known to be naturally occurring, and claiming it originated in a lab is a conspiracy theory.

8. Teachers are at especially high risk.

9. COVID vaccines stop the spread of the infection.

10. Immune protection only comes from a vaccine.

I know most of you here don't believe anything said by non-mainstream independent sources. But we are starting to see the official covid lies exposed in mainstream sources also:
Oh look, an opinion piece! See, we all have opinions. Try harder.

So opinions count if expressed by Fauci or the CDC.
Opinions based in fact, and provided by experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, yes. A radiologist (Atlas), with no relevant qualifications or expertise, emphatically not! Try again; you might get something right eventually...

Opinions based in fact, and provided by experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, yes. A radiologist (Atlas), with no relevant qualifications or expertise, emphatically not! Try again; you might get something right eventually...
Plenty of medical experts in public health and epidemiology have said the same thing. But I didn't post them because most here only trust drug industry owned and controlled mainstream news. So here you have Newsweek, not exactly right wing conspiracy.

Plenty of medical experts in public health and epidemiology have said the same thing. But I didn't post them because most here only trust drug industry owned and controlled mainstream news. So here you have Newsweek, not exactly right wing conspiracy.
No, here we have an opinion piece from an unqualified radiologist. It's irrelevant where it was published or by whom. It remains an unqualified opinion, just like it says.

No, here we have an opinion piece from an unqualified radiologist. It's irrelevant where it was published or by whom. It remains an unqualified opinion, just like it says.
Oh really, not relevant where it was published. But if the CDC prints something, you know it must be true.

It's an opinion piece from the hoover institution, a RWNJ think tank hiding in a university to give itself undeserved veracity.

And did you even look at who the author is? How many times has the whack-job quack been debunked now? 30? 50?

It's an opinion piece from the hoover institution, a RWNJ think tank hiding in a university to give itself undeserved veracity.

And did you even look at who the author is? How many times has the whack-job quack been debunked now? 30? 50?
Why did Newsweek publish it?

It was a virus, manufactured in a lab with the funding from the US government in Wuhan, China.....it was immediately used for political purposes as the main talking point to rid themselves of Trump. It is one of their 'golden calves".......you will receive only negative comments from liberals herein.

They lied each and every step along the way, starting with Fauci, as we are now finding out. They're corrupt as hell..

Why did Newsweek publish it?
Revenue? Why does any periodical publish anything? To earn money from sales-and the more sensational the content, the more it sells. That's why, for example, Fox routinely tops audience number statistics, because it sells sensationalism.

It was a virus, manufactured in a lab with the funding from the US government in Wuhan, China.....it was immediately used for political purposes as the main talking point to rid themselves of Trump. It is one of their 'golden calves".......you will receive only negative comments from liberals herein.

They lied each and every step along the way, starting with Fauci, as we are now finding out. They're corrupt as hell..
Ok, I guess you have incontrovertible evidence that nobody else has discovered. Impressive! Have you told the FBI, because even the Feds can't manage anything more definitive than "most likely" for the origin of the virus. Could you share your evidence with the forum? Thanks in advance.

Ok, I guess you have incontrovertible evidence that nobody else has discovered. Impressive! Have you told the FBI, because even the Feds can't manage anything more definitive than "most likely" for the origin of the virus. Could you share your evidence with the forum? Thanks in advance.

Fauci lied about it, covered it up to help himself and China.....they all knew where it came from.....more to come in the hearings.

I'll ask again; where's your evidence? Try not to deflect this time, there's a good chap.

Well, I've been told countless times, Covid 19 came from bats, with zero evidence.....with the truth finally being revealed.....I'm saying it came from Wuhan, China in a lab leak.....there I said it twice now, lol. Thank goodness truth is coming out, for these looney's making things such as this are some sick people......they are making virus's up to 50 times more lethal than Covid 19......shutdown them labs, ASAP!!!

And these nutters are still bitching about mandates that expired a year ago (or more) in most places.

To make a buck.

Lockdowns sucked. They cost people and businesses money, they led to mental health struggles for some and there was a learning loss for some students.

No one disputes ANY of those facts.

But tell me this: What was the alternative at the time? When dealing with a novel virus, with no vaccine and no treatment? And where we didn’t have good days as to who was most susceptible, what the fatality rate was, and a healthcare system that could be easily overwhelmed?

Please @Good4Nothin - tell us what YOU would have done instead. At the time. With the information that was available at the time.

Enlighten us as to what your decisions would have been and how they would have been different.

And follow up: Why are you so invested in lockdowns/shut downs and mask mandates? How did lockdowns so permanently impact you that more than a year after most mandates have been repealed, you’re still complaining about them? Your business wind up permanently closed? You permanently lose a job? You lose a significant amount of money? What, specific, significant burden do you carry caused by lockdowns and mask mandates that you are so heavily invested in them - well after they’ve been lifted?

Last edited:
I could go line by line, but you are suffering from misinterpreting information. I will touch on a few.

Case by case, it was not more deadly. What was being said was that it was more easily spread - therefore more people got it, So the percentage of people infected was less...but the numbers who were very ill or dead....were amazingly higher than any flu season in our lifetimes (unless you are over 100 years old )

Nobody of importance ever said immunity only comes from vaccine. Stop lying,

Nobody of importance said masks would definitely stop spread.

Any person dealing with the public en masse was more likely to acquire the disease (teachers, transit workers etc). Whether they are mpre prone to serious illness is dependent on a multitude of factors,

Nobody of importance said the vaccine would prevent the acquiring of the virus. It helps you avoid serious disease. Which in turn helps the over run hospitals. And helps non covid patients have hospitals to go to for their non covid needs.

Tell be who said everybody is a significant risk from dying from the disease?

I am trying to figure out if your issue is comprehension or you are just lying.

BTW...every reputable scientist acknowledges this was a new thing and we were acquiring knowledge as we went along. Adjustments get made as we learn knew things.

Could you imagine the face of medicine if we demanded doctors dug into their first treatments and did not progress as new information came in? People would still be getting leaches for cancer. (etc)

Big red word.....

OPINION

His OPINION is noted.

Revenue? Why does any periodical publish anything? To earn money from sales-and the more sensational the content, the more it sells. That's why, for example, Fox routinely tops audience number statistics, because it sells sensationalism.

That is ridiculous. If a news source wants to be respected it does not publish crazy conspiracy theories. Newsweek readers are mainstream.

Um, the FBI says most likely. You are working so hard at denying the fact that we were lied to by Fauci, repeatedly.

I'll ask again; where's your evidence? Try not to deflect this time, there's a good chap.

The fact that China is hiding the main evidence should make you think. But it won't.

Back
Top Bottom