• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maine governor deems congressional election 'stolen' while certifying result

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Lepage represents what a worthless embarrassment of a human being his is yet again...

Gov. Paul LePage certified the election results for Maine's 2nd Congressional District after a recount and legal battle dragged out the final result in the race for almost two months, cementing a Democratic victory.

But, LePage -- a Republican firebrand -- made one last jab at the drawn-out process when certifying the election, writing the words "stolen election" next to his signature.​

He loves his state so much that now he's term limited out he said he was immediately moving to Florida.

Lepage represents what a worthless embarrassment of a human being his is yet again...

Gov. Paul LePage certified the election results for Maine's 2nd Congressional District after a recount and legal battle dragged out the final result in the race for almost two months, cementing a Democratic victory.

But, LePage -- a Republican firebrand -- made one last jab at the drawn-out process when certifying the election, writing the words "stolen election" next to his signature.​

He loves his state so much that now he's term limited out he said he was immediately moving to Florida.

Well, I must ask powerRob: Do you believe that it is proper for elected politicians and political candidates to claim that elections were stolen or fraudulent all while accepting their results?

Because from my perspective I thought it was wrong when Donald Trump preemptively said that he would question the legitimacy of the elections if he lost; I thought it was wrong when Andrew Gillum and Stacy Abrams questioned the legitimacy of the elections, yet were happy to engage in the system that they claimed was corrupt when it looked like they had a good chance of winning. It is wrong when LePage does it now. You cannot claim "The system is rigged, BUT I will play along just in case things go my way." Claiming that things are corrupt (but conveniently only when they do not go your way) is disgusting populist pablum as far as I am concerned, and only helps to undermine the actual legitimacy of our democratic institutions.

Well, I must ask powerRob: Do you believe that it is proper for elected politicians and political candidates to claim that elections were stolen or fraudulent all while accepting their results?

Because from my perspective I thought it was wrong when Donald Trump preemptively said that he would question the legitimacy of the elections if he lost; I thought it was wrong when Andrew Gillum and Stacy Abrams questioned the legitimacy of the elections, yet were happy to engage in the system that they claimed was corrupt when it looked like they had a good chance of winning. It is wrong when LePage does it now. You cannot claim "The system is rigged, BUT I will play along just in case things go my way." Claiming that things are corrupt (but conveniently only when they do not go your way) is disgusting populist pablum as far as I am concerned, and only helps to undermine the actual legitimacy of our democratic institutions.

I do not recall them saying their elections were stolen. Just wanted a recount and got it. And then conceded. As for trump saying he would accept the results of an election.. come on. He spent the entire election bitching about it being "rigged" because he expected to lose. That isn't being open to accepting the results at all.

I'm not intimate enough with the details in this race but he adhered to the letter of these by certifying the results as required and he also exercised his 1A right by expressing his opinion. What is your beef?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You cannot claim "The system is rigged, BUT I will play along just in case things go my way." Claiming that things are corrupt (but conveniently only when they do not go your way) is disgusting populist pablum as far as I am concerned, and only helps to undermine the actual legitimacy of our democratic institutions.

LePage is complaining about the system the voters in Maine chose to use to conduct their elections.

Georgia's GOP gubernatorial candidate improperly used his office (SoS) to launch an investigation of his political opponents two days before the election.

I'm not intimate enough with the details in this race but he adhered to the letter of these by certifying the results as required and he also exercised his 1A right by expressing his opinion. What is your beef?

He is lying. He's pissed because they used Instant Runoff Voting method and he simply didn't like the results. If he had any actual facts he should've said something then. But instead, he wants to use official documents to throw his temper tantrum and tarnish the election on his way out the door to Florida.

I can see it now... "Florida" Man...

Whenever a Democrat claims some sort of election impropriety it's immediately deemed legitimate and the election loss the fault of someone else.
Hillary as an example, and also this example:

Stacey Abrams' campaign: 'We do not accept' Kemp declaring victory ...
https://www.ktvb.com/.../elections/stacey-abrams...we...georgia.../277-612403855

Nov 7, 2018 - READ | Brian Kemp declares victory over Stacey Abrams in Georgia governor race .... Elections are supposed to be certified the Monday after an election ... Meanwhile, Abram's campaign said all of the optics have raised the ...Missing: fraud ‎| ‎Must include: ‎fraud

Stacey Abrams Could Force Court Action on Voter Suppression
[url]https://washingtonmonthly.com/.../stacey-abrams-could-force-court-action-on-voter-s
...[/URL]
Nov 16, 2018 - Stacey Abrams, the Democratic candidate for governor of Georgia. ... a fraudinvestigation into the New Georgia Project (Stacey Abram's effort ...

Any similar claims by a Republican it is immediately deemed an illegitimate claim, and an attack on the electoral process and the nation itself.

:yawn: This is all getting too predictable.

He is lying. He's pissed because they used Instant Runoff Voting method and he simply didn't like the results. If he had any actual facts he should've said something then. But instead, he wants to use official documents to throw his temper tantrum and tarnish the election on his way out the door to Florida.
I stand with you that if he has an argument he shod make it. Ur aiming he does not and I stop it here until I've had a chance to investigate it without knowing anything more than what you have told me I will say if it can be proved that someone is abusing their 1A rights I'm all for hitting them hard but I'm very particular about proving that.

.......Any similar claims by a Republican it is immediately deemed an illegitimate claim, and an attack on the electoral process and the nation itself.

:yawn: This is all getting too predictable.

Because Republicans are stupid morons that hate America?

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

And he is your god emperor.

:lamo

LePage is complaining about the system the voters in Maine chose to use to conduct their elections.

Georgia's GOP gubernatorial candidate improperly used his office (SoS) to launch an investigation of his political opponents two days before the election.

That would appear to be two different situations.

I stand with you that if he has an argument he shod make it. Ur aiming he does not and I stop it here until I've had a chance to investigate it without knowing anything more than what you have told me I will say if it can be proved that someone is abusing their 1A rights I'm all for hitting them hard but I'm very particular about proving that.

Fair enough.

Because Republicans are stupid morons that hate America?

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

And he is your god emperor.

:lamo

Not my 'god emperor'.

With the multiple assaults on Democratic institutions form the Democrats, I think you've got that part wrong.

And what does this, your favorite copy / pate post, have to do with the question at hand anyway?

Besides that, the Dems are so bent on destroying the Democratic institutions, the electoral one, they've invented an entire 'Russian Collusion' narrative to somehow, in their minds only, justify the loss of one of the worst candidate ever to campaign. :shrug:

So the question is really 'Why is it that Democrats hate America and Americans as much as they do?'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom