• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mail-in sorting machines being deactivated! Why?

In addition, with mail-in voting looming this year and a deluge of mail in votes expected, if packages were the reason, they could have waited another 3 months to start moving the sorting machines out..............after the election. 3 month wait is nothing.

Seems like that's what they're doing. Not only were these machines already scheduled to be out of service over a month ago, they will no stay in place through the election. Nothingburger.

And really, the current postal system can handle mail in ballots no problem.

The Post Office is here to stay. It is a constitutional guarantee. It might adjust rates, it might modify its services. We might have more ganged mailboxes....all of it is simply irrelevant to a discussion that tries to shoehorn in all of us picking up our mail at a Post Office as remotely possible. ITS NOT!

Private entities can compete with the Post Office but the Post Office cannot become a private business. Private entities are stuck with having to offer a service that is not guaranteed against a service that is or creating a rate structure around a profit margin AND a guarantee.

Then again if this bunch of bumpkins (and the current governors who appointed DaJoy are mostly Trump appointees) continues to retire postal sorting machines and literally toss them on the trash heap, that could be an issue.

Somebody needs to explain that one. There is no place to store the deactivated sorters? They MUST be tossed in the trash. You Trumpets need to get wise to yourselves. You are fooling nobody and neither is Donald.

It's already been explained. These mail sorters had been long scheduled to be taken out of service by last month. Nothing was changed, other than the USPS will now keep them in service for months after they had been scheduled to be replaced.

It's already been explained. These mail sorters had been long scheduled to be taken out of service by last month. Nothing was changed, other than the USPS will now keep them in service for months after they had been scheduled to be replaced.

Replaced with what? This would not be an issue if they were actually being replaced. How consistent of the right wing, no replacement for healthcare and no replacement for mail sorting machines.

Replaced with what? This would not be an issue if they were actually being replaced. How consistent of the right wing, no replacement for healthcare and no replacement for mail sorting machines.

According the the USPS, the machines will be partially disassembled, parts scrapped and some transferred to locations that can still use them as needed. Why would they need to be replaced?

Internal USPS documents raise questions about effectiveness of sorting machines removal order - CNNPolitics

Seems like 95% of these machines had already been scheduled to be removed by last month.

Pretty much a nothingburger.

Considering mail volume drops yer by year. Less paper catalogs, more online catalogs.

Less bills by mail, more paying online.

It takes a special type of fool to believe the lies of the left.

The FEC regulations also changed. Places like Fidelity, and other major stock/mutual, can now go paperless too.

Considering mail volume drops yer by year. Less paper catalogs, more online catalogs.

The FEC regulations also changed. Places like Fidelity, and other major stock/mutual, can now go paperless too.

Interesting on the FEC regulation changes. Thanks for that.

Lies rely on people not having any information. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way to fighting lazy lies like this.

Sickness & death to the point we can't properly educate our kids, a ruined economy, and a destroyed reputation in the world.

Soon you will be blaming trump for diabetes, aids, and cancer lol. Did you blame Obama for the swine flu? Only bias partisan fools would blame trump for the virus.

We were already the world's laughing stock. Remember the line in the sand? Obama said we would be at war with n Korea. Now trump is so respected that we have arabs and jews making peace. Incredible.

Interesting on the FEC regulation changes. Thanks for that.

Lies rely on people not having any information. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way to fighting lazy lies like this.

Keep in mind also, there are delays. It has nothing to do with the capacity of the process equipment. It has to do with manpower. Ask any postal employee you meet how short handed they are in their work area due to Covid.

I find the controversy funny about the vote by mail. Again, it has to do with manpower. Not the equipment.

Sorry you don't see the bigger picture. The fact that the President of the US is actively trying to prevent this, and practically admits it, is scary as ****. His attitude that he can do whatever the hell he wants is something that happens in Cuba and other dictatorships.

What I see is a president trying to stop fraud.

Why is it that democrats push every method of voting that is easy to cheat. Take the democrats pushing of no id to vote. Think that will allow for the increase of fraud? Don't have to prove who you are lol.......now if you want to get into the Dem national convention you gotta show id lol but not to freaking vote. You just can't make this crap up.

I want people who want to protect themselves to be able to mail in their ballots. It should be their choice.

I think people who call themselves conservatives are looking for political advantage and are in fact quite evil on this issue.

I think that you are supporting a president who is openly sabotaging the post office to try to make sure that things happen to his benefit. That is no conspiracy theory it is open overt corruption you are supporting.

And no, I am not pulling any punches here.

Not pulling? You hit like a girl lol.

Should be their choice. Unfortunately it opens things up to fraud if not set up and done properly. So they will have to risk it unless its safe and fraud protected.

Your right to vote isn't greater than the rest of our rights for a safe and FAIR election.

Spot on!

Soon you will be blaming trump for diabetes, aids, and cancer lol. Did you blame Obama for the swine flu? Only bias partisan fools would blame trump for the virus.

We were already the world's laughing stock. Remember the line in the sand? Obama said we would be at war with n Korea. Now trump is so respected that we have arabs and jews making peace. Incredible.
No. Obama/Biden (+ Fauci) handled the Swine Flu, and kept us safe.

Yes you are!

What am I biased about? Honor, respect, justice, love, caring, competence, manners, patriotism?

You better believe I am biased for all of that. In fact, let me go one step further. My life is dedicated to all those biases!

Back
Top Bottom