• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mail-in sorting machines being deactivated! Why?

Nice try...but not more than an absurd and strained through a straw reading of my post. Typical. Its irrelevant because the Post Office WILL NOT discontinue delivering the mail. Just stay on your side of the looking glass OK. I am beginning to worry about you.

I bet you thought single family dwellings would never lose their individual mail box either, but they have. Good luck with your rose colored glasses.

I bet you thought single family dwellings would never lose their individual mail box either, but they have. Good luck with your rose colored glasses.

I never gave it a thought. Its ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT. Has nothing to do with the concept of all of us returning to going to the post office to pick up our mail. You should start to consider the cost of THAT from you side of the looking glass.

The Post Office is here to stay. It is a constitutional guarantee. It might adjust rates, it might modify its services. We might have more ganged mailboxes....all of it is simply irrelevant to a discussion that tries to shoehorn in all of us picking up our mail at a Post Office as remotely possible. ITS NOT!

Private entities can compete with the Post Office but the Post Office cannot become a private business. Private entities are stuck with having to offer a service that is not guaranteed against a service that is or creating a rate structure around a profit margin AND a guarantee.

Then again if this bunch of bumpkins (and the current governors who appointed DaJoy are mostly Trump appointees) continues to retire postal sorting machines and literally toss them on the trash heap, that could be an issue.

Somebody needs to explain that one. There is no place to store the deactivated sorters? They MUST be tossed in the trash. You Trumpets need to get wise to yourselves. You are fooling nobody and neither is Donald.

Straight from the asses mouth. Trump is trying to sabotage the election.

Trump says sabotaging mail vote is his reason for blocking USPS bailout

With bombast, exaggeration and outright falsehoods, President Trump has made perfectly clear for months his view that expanded mail voting will assure the election is rigged against him. He's taken a fresh tack in the past 24 hours: Declaring that he's committed to defunding the Postal Service so it can't handle the coming surge of ballot envelopes.His remarks to reporters Wednesday evening, which he expanded on Thursday, marked Trump's first explicit commitment to starve the cash-strapped USPS, s till a backbone of the American economy, in order to do what he asserts is best for his own re-election prospects — not for smoothing the exercise of electoral democracy during a national crisis.

Trump said he is not willing to negotiate on either the $25 billion infusion the Postal Service says it needs to keep up with its workload starting in October — when the volume of absentee applications and completed vote-by-mail ballots will start to peak — or the $3.5 billion states say they need to conduct healthy, comprehensive and reliable elections during the pandemic.

This action will not only damage mail in voting but damage delivery of medicines and other life saving products that many people (especially seniors) depend on.

This action clearly shows that the welfare of the American public is of no concern to him. It is all about his own desire to be reelected.

Wasn't electing this man to make things better in the nation the reason he was elected. Well, here is proof that is not his intention.

Trump clearly meets the definition of being a sociopath. A person that has no conscience and only cares about himself!

“Things are already going wrong,” says Philip F. Rubio, an expert on the U.S. Postal Service and professor of history at North Carolina A&T State University. There are “widespread mail slowdowns of all kinds of mail — first-class, marketing mail, parcels. Even the Veterans’ Administration has complained that veterans are not getting their medications on time.”

I am a disabled veteran and I was supposed to have received my medicine yesterday, which was mailed for overnight delivery because I am totally out of it and it did not come yesterday!

Last edited:
Where are the Trump supporters in answering this last post? Afraid to address it?

Republican president openly confessing to making voting more difficult and his supporters don't give a ****. Now tell me again, which party is the authoritarian one?

Mail-in sorting machines being deactivated. Why?

In May, Trump put in a big donor of his in charge of the Post Office. A man with no past experience for the job. Why would he do that?

Trump has been worrying about mail-in ballot fraud for months even though never in our voting history has there ever been a big problem there.

Is this his plan to affect the election in his favor to prevent those most likely to use mail-in ballots to not vote? Is that possible?

If it is not, can anyone explain these moves, especially the one that came out today about mail-in sorting machines being deactivated?

Is this a true conspiracy by the president to win the election he is losing by a landslide? He is the one that is constantly throwing out conspiracy theories. Is this, he making one come true?

OMG. The president has nothing to do with how the USPS is run, and the article says 19 machines were removed.

Only 19, out of how many thousands nationwide?

You guys buy into any conspiracy/lie concerning the president.

I have a friend that works at the Portland PD&C. The mail volume has been steadily decreasing year by year as more people pay online, get catalogs online, etc. This is a normal reduction based on a reduction of mail volume.

OMG. The president has nothing to do with how the USPS is run, and the article says 19 machines were removed.

Only 19, out of how many thousands nationwide?

You guys buy into any conspiracy/lie concerning the president.

I have a friend that works at the Portland PD&C. The mail volume has been steadily decreasing year by year as more people pay online, get catalogs online, etc. This is a normal reduction based on a reduction of mail volume.

Link please. Keep in mind that Trump did say this yesterday:

Trump says sabotaging mail vote is his reason for blocking USPS bailout

With bombast, exaggeration and outright falsehoods, President Trump has made perfectly clear for months his view that expanded mail voting will assure the election is rigged against him. He's taken a fresh tack in the past 24 hours: Declaring that he's committed to defunding the Postal Service so it can't handle the coming surge of ballot envelopes. His remarks to reporters Wednesday evening, which he expanded on Thursday, marked Trump's first explicit commitment to starve the cash-strapped USPS, still a backbone of the American economy, in order to do what he asserts is best for his own re-election prospects — not for smoothing the exercise of electoral democracy during a national crisis.

Trump said he is not willing to negotiate on either the $25 billion infusion the Postal Service says it needs to keep up with its workload starting in October — when the volume of absentee applications and completed vote-by-mail ballots will start to peak — or the $3.5 billion states say they need to conduct healthy, comprehensive and reliable elections during the pandemic.

and then this article today

“Things are already going wrong,” says Philip F. Rubio, an expert on the U.S. Postal Service and professor of history at North Carolina A&T State University. There are “widespread mail slowdowns of all kinds of mail — first-class, marketing mail, parcels. Even the Veterans’ Administration has complained that veterans are not getting their medications on time.”

and I am proof of the latter. I am a disabled veteran and some medicine I ran out of 3 days ago was sent overnight and as of this morning, I have not gotten it yet. I called and it was sent 3 days ago.

Link please. Keep in mind that Trump did say this yesterday:

and then this article today

and I am proof of the latter. I am a disabled veteran and some medicine I ran out of 3 days ago was sent overnight and as of this morning, I have not gotten it yet. I called and it was sent 3 days ago.

And you simply don't care what it costs.

I take it you don't pay much in taxes.

And you simply don't care what it costs.

I take it you don't pay much in taxes.

You have got to be kidding me, right? We authorized $3 trillion in stimulus a few months ago and are now looking to add another $2 trillion and you think $25 billion for keeping our elections intact and delivering mail is a cost we should be talking about?

I hate to spoil your conspiracy theory, but it’s called a flat sorter. (Huge machine full of printers, computers, labelers, large motors, etc. very complicated machine. It was designed to sort magazines and large envelopes.

usps flat,sorter - Bing

Due to no one ordering paper magazines anymore, (when is the last time you mailed a letter), these flat sorters get very little use, and still cost the same to maintain.

When magazine/flyers type mail crawls to a near stop, they are moth balled or moved to a location that can use it. (No longer profitable)

I realize you like your conspiracy theory better, but it’s wrong.

It’s strictly based on individual machines numbers (productivity)
That causes a flat sorter to be moved or moth balled.

I worked maintenance on these machines plus DBCS’s, SPBS’s, etc for a decade.

This sounds plausible. I wonder why the USPS doesn't simply put out a statement like this?

I don't know how Kayne could hurt Biden. Kayne is insane and an unqualified egomaniac. I think Kayne could actually end up hurting Trump... :lol:

I have to agree here. As both sides have their crazies, I think he fits in with right wing nuts better than the left wing nuts.

They're not even trying to hide it:
U.S. Postal Service Confirms It Has Removed Mailboxes in Portland and Eugene - Willamette Week

The patently absurd excuse that the removal is because of declining mail volume (which is due to the slow-down orders issued by Dirtbag's fixer PMG) is the very definition of circular reasoning not to mention evidence for Donnie Dirtbag's intention to screw the vote. If this is happening in OR it must be or will be going on everywhere else.

If he manages to win again, his administration is going to be a total disaster. Seriously, just think about it. He is not going to be successful no matter what. He will have more time to make an ass out of himself, to fail, to lie, and to go down in history as the absolute worst. I also think Democrats will easily sweep Congress if he wins. It would hurt the GOP so bad. I wonder if the GOP even wants him to win, because it would totally damage the GOP. Republican insiders are backing Biden and running the Lincoln Project ads.
I could care less about the GOP. My concern is what he will do to harm the country and us. Can you really imagine four more years? Of an uncontrolled, unrestrained, lame duck Trump? I really can't. I'm already beyond shocked by the current damage he's inflicted upon us.

Not really, what he has done has created a lot of damage but in doing it, he has messed everything up for himself and the Republicans. If someone like Putin would have been the president. he would win reelection and the large amount of the public would give him high approval grades. There is a difference between corruption done well and corruption done badly and Putin and Trump are good examples of each. You don't see protests or rioting in Russia and there is absolutely no risk of Putin being taken out of office.

The proof is in the pudding, inasmuch as Trump wants to be like Putin but he falls way short of him.
I dunno', LuckyOne. I understand what you're saying intellectually. But when I look at the disaster he's made the country currently, I think he's been far to efficient. More efficient, than I ever would have believed.

I could care less about the GOP. My concern is what he will do to harm the country and us. Can you really imagine four more years? Of an uncontrolled, unrestrained, lame duck Trump? I really can't. I'm already beyond shocked by the current damage he's inflicted upon us.

I understand your point. I don’t want him too win, and it’s not really about one party vs the other to me either. However, the only light at the end of the tunnel would be Democrats sweeping Congress in 2022. There is no doubt about that, and they would be far more likely to impeach and remove him. It’s not about the Democrats though. It would be about saving and repairing the country. I totally agree it would be horrible for him to win. It would cause so much instability around the world, and serious constitutional damage. But I guess I have hope.

I dunno', LuckyOne. I understand what you're saying intellectually. But when I look at the disaster he's made the country currently, I think he's been far to efficient. More efficient, than I ever would have believed.

Efficient at disaster? Yes, on that you are right. Nonetheless, disaster is not usually the objective. Total control is usually the objective and on that, Trump is failing.

This sounds plausible. I wonder why the USPS doesn't simply put out a statement like this?

Your brick and mortar store flyers go through those sorters as do newspapers that generally now get distributed through the post office. Your catalog sales operation flyers (B&H Camera, Audio Advisor etc) go through them as well. COVID is killing brick and mortar and anything not web based. So you could make a case for putting them in moth balls till we get past COVID. That should be somewhere around 2050 at the rate Bozo the President is going.

That said there are apparently 670 sorters being decommissioned. Doubt those are in the main flat sorters. Also a flat sorter could handle ballots. Just not the most efficient sorter USPS has for something like a ballot.

It seems again the Republican argument for being in power, and that the government is bad, is that they are actively sabotaging the government and won't stop.

The post office was the brain child of the founders themselves, the attack on it is as bad as the attack on voting rights.

If you want to see the vote and the post office mangled by this idiot YOU ARE NOT A CONSERVATIVE, so stop lying to everyone about it.

Last edited:

What damage? Please tell. Energy independence? Pre covid booming economy? Tax and regulation cuts? NATO reform? Tariff reform? N Korea? Fighting for America?

Mans been busy AND very good IMO. Can't wait for the next 4 without the worries of reelection. This is going to be the baddest lame duck in our history.

USPS lost $9 Billion dollars last year. Something has to be done, it can’t keep operating in the red.

Current Post Master General was appointed by the USPS Board of Governors, not Trump.

Price of mailing mail needs to be doubled, Congress will not approve it.

Your propaganda does not change facts.

Members of the Board of Governors - Who we are - About.usps.com

The Air Force lost $156 billion last year.

Also worth pointing out: the bulk of that "loss" from USPS is purely on paper due to an absurd pension requirement Congress forced on them. The USPS is funding pensions for employees that haven't been born yet. Let that sink in for a second.

It seems again the Republican argument for being in power, and that the government is bad, is that they are actively sabotaging the government and won't stop.

The post office was the brain child of the founders themselves, the attack on it is as bad as the attack on voting rights.

If you want to see the vote and the post office mangled by this idiot YOU ARE NOT A CONSERVATIVE, so stop lying to everyone about it.

As a conservative I love this country. I want fair elections. Unrestricted mail in ballots, will allow for fraud. This is why the democrats are pushing it. Same for voting without id. The democrats want this so that its easier to cheat. In my state we have seen spoiled ballots being counted. Ballots improperly transported, lost then found, etc. This is with regular ballots much less mail in.

Just as with giving illegals the right to vote, if the dems support it you can bet those illegals will support the dems in much greater numbers. In this case the cheating will benefit democrats i would bet the farm. Its that simple.

You guys can produce conspiracies in your minds but it's just that simple. You think the dems care about voters? They don't even care about people and businesses allowing rioting and looting and killing and now looking to defund police. You think its about vote rights lol. They changed the rules for counting ballots in 2000 three times. Only recounted heavy democrat precincts is that fair? Perhaps heavy republican precincts had hanging,, dimpled, buldging, pregnant chads that were not counted using the changed rules. If its about citizens vote right why not recount them? Its because it ain't about vote rights its about winning the election. Dems will lose a higher percentage of the black vote to trump this election. If this happens in more than 15 percent they can't win. Without cheating that is.

If any of you hit the big one in the lottery would you mail in that ticket or take it in person?

There is a reason not a single one of you would mail it in.

As a conservative I love this country.

Quit pretending. If you are OK with trying to sabotage the post office because the president doesn't like mail in balloting that the states are implementing you are not a conservative in any way shape or form.

If any of you hit the big one in the lottery would you mail in that ticket or take it in person?

There is a reason not a single one of you would mail it in.

Your driver's license, passport, credit cards, and even a $1200 check all come to you in the mail. You trust the mail with your freaking identity, but not a ballot?

Back
Top Bottom