• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mail-in sorting machines being deactivated! Why?

And it seems that Kushner has been meeting with Kanye, possibly trying to coordinate efforts to get his Presidential campaign off the ground since it could harm Biden.

I don't know how Kayne could hurt Biden. Kayne is insane and an unqualified egomaniac. I think Kayne could actually end up hurting Trump... :lol:

I think we should all try to vote in person. I don't trust Trump, and what he is attempting to do should be illegal. I don't trust the Supreme Court to help the American people hold a fair and honest election either. We live in crazy times. We need to get rid of Trump, and then rectify this messed up system so that we never have a situation like Belarus currently has. :(

Go back and read the end of page two, Trump has nothing to do with USPS mail sorting machines.

Go back and read the end of page two, Trump has nothing to do with USPS mail sorting machines.

Other being the guy who appointed USPS's leader?

Other being the guy who appointed USPS's leader? Other than being the guy who did all sorts of other stuff to **** up mail-in voting, noted here:

There is no question at this point.
- He's been ordering his supporters to rail against mail-in voting and they dutifully obeyed.
- He's blocking funding USPS needs to function.
- He's had his toady:
-- Take functioning sorting machines offline
-- End overtime pay
-- Prohibit drivers from taking any more mail if it would cause their route to take longer than usual

Etc. It's a deliberate effort to steal the election.[/QUOTE

Other than that?

There will definitely be no Congressional actions. McConnel's protection of him during impeachment, assured Trump he had license to do whatever he wants.

If he manages to win again, his administration is going to be a total disaster. Seriously, just think about it. He is not going to be successful no matter what. He will have more time to make an ass out of himself, to fail, to lie, and to go down in history as the absolute worst. I also think Democrats will easily sweep Congress if he wins. It would hurt the GOP so bad. I wonder if the GOP even wants him to win, because it would totally damage the GOP. Republican insiders are backing Biden and running the Lincoln Project ads.

In addition, with mail-in voting looming this year and a deluge of mail in votes expected, if packages were the reason, they could have waited another 3 months to start moving the sorting machines out..............after the election. 3 month wait is nothing.

Interestedly, Trump himself said that a widespread mail in campaign would delay the election. It looks he is trying to ensure that that happens. It's like he doesn't want us to know the results by the end of the night.

I think that at this point, we can say it's quite clear that Trump is trying to rig Mail-In voting.

No One will win if trump obviously cheats, and then declarers victory, never anger the American People, Washington would burn and many would die trump would be one of them. Count on that. But then again I truly believe that if he cannot have the WH no one will, he is That Shallow and as such an enemy of he Nation.

I think we should all try to vote in person. I don't trust Trump, and what he is attempting to do should be illegal. I don't trust the Supreme Court to help the American people hold a fair and honest election either. We live in crazy times. We need to get rid of Trump, and then rectify this messed up system so that we never have a situation like Belarus currently has. :(

In person voting isn't free of fraud either, and they are closing polling locations. So you may just have to stand in line all day all for the chance to not vote. Colorado tracks its ballots, and we have secure drop boxes so we do not need to mail them back. I can see when my ballot has been received and when it has been counted.

But the push here shouldn't be that we accept the unethical tampering with the election by Trump, but quite the opposite. This should be opposed, the fascists should not win.

Interestedly, Trump himself said that a widespread mail in campaign would delay the election. It looks he is trying to ensure that that happens. It's like he doesn't want us to know the results by the end of the night.

As Stalin said when asked about voting, and that they were not being able to control how people voted, he stated that it does not matter who controls the voters, but who controls those that count the votes. Welcome to the New America.

Last edited:
USPS lost $9 Billion dollars last year. Something has to be done, it can’t keep operating in the red.

Current Post Master General was appointed by the USPS Board of Governors, not Trump

USPS is a guaranteed government service, just like the Military. It's not a business. Want to tell us how much money the US Military spends to provide its services. How much money does the US Military take in every year?

USPS is a guaranteed government service, just like the Military. It's not a business. Want to tell us how much money the US Military spends to provide its services. How much money does the US Military take in every year?

Is the USPS subsidized by the U.S. government? - Quora

“ NO, not in the traditional sense. The USPS revenue comes from their business operations, not from taxpayers. However, they DO receive a benefit in the form of being able to borrow at favorable rates, ”

How does USPS run without money?

“ The USPS’s financial plight, however, is not merely a parcel problem. The Post Office’s problems are business-wide, because its expenses keep exceeding revenues.

The Postal Service was designed to be self-sufficient — unlike other federal agencies( military) it does not live off dollars collected as taxes. Rather, it tries to cover its operating expenses by charging postage.”

Is the USPS subsidized by the U.S. government? - Quora

NO, not in the traditional sense. The USPS revenue comes from their business operations, not from taxpayers. However, they DO receive a benefit in the form of being able to borrow at favorable rates, ”

How does USPS run without money?

USPS is a government guaranteed service. That service comes at a cost. That some of what USPS does is offset by revenues changes nothing. Unless you can get around that argument you are spinning your wheels. USPS does not "lose" money.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Who pays for it?

You should research before talking about something you know nothing about.

Does not matter. Users of the service pay for part of it. USPS borrows the rest. Gee, sounds like a typical government service to me. The government guarantee is what matters.

Does not matter. Users of the service pay for part of it. USPS borrows the rest. Gee, sounds like a typical government service to me. The government guarantee is what matters.

USPS lost $9 billion dollars last year, unsustainable.

What part of not taxpayer supported, (like the rest of the government/military) don’t you understand?

USPS problems did not start this year, call your Congress critter.

PS, show me this guarantee you keep blathering about, mail to your door is not guaranteed. In fact, new subdivisions don’t have individual mail boxes, just one big one at the entrance like an apartment complex.

Last edited:
USPS lost $9 billion dollars last year, unsustainable.

What part of not taxpayer supported, (like the rest of the government/military) don’t you understand?

USPS problems did not start this year, call your Congress critter.

PS, show me this guarantee you keep blathering about, mail to your door is not guaranteed.

Sorry, won't wash. USPS is a US government guaranteed service. It is not a business. That there is a COST is baked in just as it is with other US guaranteed services. How it generates revenue to offset some cost is entirely immaterial.

Sorry, won't wash. USPS is a US government guaranteed service. That there is a COST is baked in just as it is with other US guaranteed services. How it generates revenue to offset some cost is entirely immaterial.

Show me this guarantee you keep blathering about, mail to your door is not guaranteed. In fact, new subdivisions don’t have individual mail boxes anymore, just one big one at the entrance like an apartment complex.

Show me this guarantee you keep blathering about, mail to your door is not guaranteed. In fact, new subdivisions don’t have individual mail boxes anymore, just one big one at the entrance like an apartment complex.

Article 1, Section 8, clause 7 of the US Constitution:
"To establish Post Offices and post Roads"

That some complexes have INDIVIDUAL mailboxes, stacked and grouped is entirely irrelevant. Got more irrelevant stuff you want to post?

Section 8 begins with "The Congress shall have Power To:" and then goes on to enumerate various powers and duties of Congress.

Last edited:
I hate to spoil your conspiracy theory, but it’s called a flat sorter. (Huge machine full of printers, computers, labelers, large motors, etc. very complicated machine. It was designed to sort magazines and large envelopes.

usps flat,sorter - Bing

Due to no one ordering paper magazines anymore, (when is the last time you mailed a letter), these flat sorters get very little use, and still cost the same to maintain.

When magazine/flyers type mail crawls to a near stop, they are moth balled or moved to a location that can use it. (No longer profitable)

I realize you like your conspiracy theory better, but it’s wrong.

It’s strictly based on individual machines numbers (productivity)
That causes a flat sorter to be moved or moth balled.

I worked maintenance on these machines plus DBCS’s, SPBS’s, etc for a decade.

Why did you not include a link saying that it is those machines that are the ones being discontinued? The articles I have read have all stated that it is the machines that are used for sorting mail and that includes mail in ballots.

I appreciate your explanation but I see no correlation from your machines to the ones that are in the news.

Article 1, Section 8, clause 7 of the US Constitution:
"To establish Post Offices and post Roads"

That some complexes have INDIVIDUAL mailboxes, stacked and grouped is entirely irrelevant. Got more irrelevant stuff you want to post?

Yep, each town will still have a Post Office, But not like today, you will have to go get it, delivered mail is going away due to the $9 Billion dollars loss each year.

Delivery to or near your home is NOT guaranteed.

USPS will down size about 50%. That is USPS’s future unless you call your Congress critter.

Postal Service Mulls Downsizing: Senator and Union Leader | Time

Yep, each town will still have a Post Office, But not like today, you will have to go get it, delivered mail is going away due to the $9 Billion dollars loss each year.

Delivery to or near your home is NOT guaranteed.

USPS will down size about 50%. That is USPS’s future unless you call your Congress critter.

Postal Service Mulls Downsizing: Senator and Union Leader | Time

You are dreaming. You need to look up the meaning of the word "shall" in Constitutional Law. Where your particular mail box or post office box is located is again entirely irrelevant. USPS may raise rates, it might not. It won't stop delivering the mail.

$9B. Whoopdie-ding-dong! We spit $9B in this country.

Last edited:
You are dreaming. You need to look up the meaning of the word "shall" in Constitutional Law. Where your particular mail box or post office box is located is again entirely irrelevant!

$9B. Whoopdie-ding-dong! We spit $9B in this country.

When you live 20-30 miles from your post office, it’s location is entirely relevant.

And the conspiracy theory in the OP is false, My original point was Trump has nothing to do with flat sorters being moth-balled.

When you live 20-30 miles from your post office, it’s location is entirely relevant.

Nice try...but not more than an absurd and strained through a straw reading of my post. Typical. Its irrelevant because the Post Office WILL NOT discontinue delivering the mail. Just stay on your side of the looking glass OK. I am beginning to worry about you.

Back
Top Bottom