• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mail in ballot.

What states would those be that it's going to take weeks to count their ballots?
Any state that allows ballots to arrive and be counted up to weeks after election day. I think Nevada is one of them, but you can look it up for yourself.

Any state that allows ballots to arrive and be counted up to weeks after election day. I think Nevada is one of them, but you can look it up for yourself.
I could and will, I just wanted you to specifically back up your claim.

In other words, all the States run by Democrats.
shrug...

Could be, but I don't know. Colorado is run, for the most part, by Democrats.

From what I can see looking around quickly, so far michigan says up to three weeks after the election. Other states say nine days, six day and three days after the election. I expect this to change and more states to allow longer periods after the election. I also see where the gop are challenging some of these judges decisions. When it comes to trying to suppress the vote, I give the gop credit, they are persistent.

In other words, all the States run by Democrats.
Didn't you hear? If the dem states don't like the count, it won't be finished until 2023. I also hear they have a secret plan to hack into the red states voting machines and change all the votes to biden.

From what I can see looking around quickly, so far michigan says up to three weeks after the election. Other states say nine days, six day and three days after the election. I expect this to change and more states to allow longer periods after the election. I also see where the gop are challenging some of these judges decisions. When it comes to trying to suppress the vote, I give the gop credit, they are persistent.
If Colorado and other states can require all ballots to be returned by the close of the polls on election night, then...in my opinion...EVERY states should be able to require the same. Those that don't...well, I consider them the prime suspects for voting fraud.

An especially close eye should be kept on them in the days after the election.

If Colorado and other states can require all ballots to be returned by the close of the polls on election night, then...in my opinion...EVERY states should be able to require the same. Those that don't...well, I consider them the prime suspects for voting fraud.

An especially close eye should be kept on them in the days after the election.
some states say it will take weeks to count the votes, some say months some say a year! this gives the democrats plenty of time to steal the election! Q 2024

If the state law requires a postmark on or before election day but election officials don't receive it for a week, should those voters be disenfranchised?

If the state law requires a postmark on or before election day but election officials don't receive it for a week, should those voters be disenfranchised?
I think the state should require that election official receive the ballot on election day...regardless when it was postmarked. The way you solve that problem is to have drop boxes that can be used instead of the post office.

I think the state should require that election official receive the ballot on election day...regardless when it was postmarked. The way you solve that problem is to have drop boxes that can be used instead of the post office.

But in Nevada that is not the law today... Are you suggesting a new Voter Rights Act and uniform standards across the country? I could support that...

But in Nevada that is not the law today... Are you suggesting a new Voter Rights Act and uniform standards across the country? I could support that...
I do NOT want some federal law that controls elections across the country. Hell, I don't think it's even constitutional.

No...I'd rather see Nevada change their own state laws to ensure safe, secure and fraud-free elections in their state. Colorado has done this...why can't Nevada?

I do NOT want some federal law that controls elections across the country. Hell, I don't think it's even constitutional.

No...I'd rather see Nevada change their own state laws to ensure safe, secure and fraud-free elections in their state. Colorado has done this...why can't Nevada?

We already have laws that controls federal elections... Why should Nevada change their state law?

We already have laws that controls federal elections... Why should Nevada change their state law?
People are voting in person so there won’t be a problem. I’m voting early. We shall overcome.

What I think is stupid is the states (Not Colorado, of course.) who just go ahead and mail ballots to people who are "eligible" to vote. What does "eligible" even mean? Are all eligible voters "registered"? Or do they just mail millions of ballots out to citizens, whether they have ever wanted to vote or not?

Those are the states that will be in most danger of fraud and abuse...especially if they also count ballots for weeks. I predict a lot of "found" ballots from those states. (They'll "find" just enough ballots to swing the vote from one candidate to the other.)

What states are mailing ballots to people who are not registered voters?

What states are mailing ballots to people who are not registered voters?
I didn't say any states are mailing ballots to people who are not registered voters.

What law says that all states must count ballots that arrive after election day?

What law says that all states must count ballots that arrive after election day?

Nevada state laws says they can for up to 7 days... Does that violate any federal or state law?

So you know that only registered voters get them, but you play stupid and ask dumb questions anyway. Got it.
I don't know that only registered voters get them. Some states only say that "eligible" citizens get ballots.

That's why I asked questions.

I don't know that only registered voters get them. Some states only say that "eligible" citizens get ballots.

You should consult Mister Google next time.

And stop the paranoia. Trump has his supporters trained like circus seals.

Which states?

Nevada state laws says they can for up to 7 days... Does that violate any federal or state law?
sigh...

I haven't said anything about anyone violating federal or state law.

Why are you asking me this question?

Back
Top Bottom