• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mail in ballot.

That sounds like a ****ing stupid way of doing it. Colorado mails out ballots to all registered voters and we simply mail them back or drop them off at secure drop boxes and they are collected and counted.
What I think is stupid is the states (Not Colorado, of course.) who just go ahead and mail ballots to people who are "eligible" to vote. What does "eligible" even mean? Are all eligible voters "registered"? Or do they just mail millions of ballots out to citizens, whether they have ever wanted to vote or not?

Those are the states that will be in most danger of fraud and abuse...especially if they also count ballots for weeks. I predict a lot of "found" ballots from those states. (They'll "find" just enough ballots to swing the vote from one candidate to the other.)

What I think is stupid is the states (Not Colorado, of course.) who just go ahead and mail ballots to people who are "eligible" to vote. What does "eligible" even mean? Are all eligible voters "registered"? Or do they just mail millions of ballots out to citizens, whether they have ever wanted to vote or not?

Those are the states that will be in most danger of fraud and abuse...especially if they also count ballots for weeks. I predict a lot of "found" ballots from those states. (They'll "find" just enough ballots to swing the vote from one candidate to the other.)
They are likely going by their voter registration roles.

Give us some examples of states that are sending ballots to non-registered people....

That is a ****ing stupid way of doing it. You are assuming Colorado maintains accurate voter registration, which we know it doesn't. In fact, Colorado has a history of abusing absentee ballots.

At least in Alaska we can prevent non-US citizens from voting in our elections. You actually have to prove you are a US citizen in order to obtain a State ID or driver's license in Alaska, and you can only be issued a certified ballot if you present your valid State ID or driver's license at the time you vote.
Really? You need to be a citizen to get a drivers license?
That's weird.

Have your received your mail in ballot? How about your dog or cat or anyone else that doesn't live at your house?

I will not be requesting one. The wife and I have a tradition of getting off work early, go vote, catch a movie, have a nice dinner then host a watch party for the results. This year the watch party will be scal back to only include a few family members. It’s a great way to spend a day and makes voting a special and fun event

Funny how you live in sunny red state florida and I live in Flori-duh. I guess it's a matter of perspective? Mail in ballot fraud, of course there is, tons of it. You know how I know beside the fact I'm a democrat? My president keeps telling me that if I vote with a mail in ballot, it's a fraud, rigged. That's how I know. How do you know?

Now he's just saying all ballots are suspect.

He's just going to throw all the ballots out so there can be a "Peaceful transfer continuance of power". 😡

Give us some examples of states that are sending ballots to non-registered people....
I just asked a question.

Suppose you show me that every state that sends ballots to "eligible" voters only send them to registered voters.

Have your received your mail in ballot? How about your dog or cat or anyone else that doesn't live at your house?
My wife and I requested mail-ins weeks ago and got them two days ago. My wife can get a absentee diet due to illness and I just got a mail-in to use the present language for each. We filled them out and then returned them to our village clerk. Easy as hell and our votes will count unless the GOP which controls our state just discards the voter's wishes and appoints electors as Trump is requesting to insure he gets "reelected" or appointed.

I've already got mine, thank goodness I know someone at the embassy- will be sending it out by early next week. :cool:

You'll have to remind me, but sure. I'll let you know.

I don't anticipate getting any ballot but mine. Colorado has been doing this a long time and we know how to get it right.

Other states? shrug...
Maybe if Trump had lead the nation and slowed the spread of the virus this would not be a problem. Of course all the Trumpsters think he has done a wonderful job with ONLY 200,000 deaths and counting. And now few will take the vaccine because he made that a political issue.

ONLY an IDIOT, says that those that are HEALTHY mingle, so the vulnerable can be forced to risk their lives to vote.

If those individuals use the Biden handbook and live 24 7 in their basement, I would then accept their argument for voting by mail for health reasons. If the same individuals live their lives responsibly and shop, co-mingle in any social way I would expect then to vote in person. Their health concerns only on Nov 3rd are disingenuous. I will never accept mail-in ballots as safe under the current haphazard rules which varies widely from state to state.

Let us know how it works out for you and don't forget to tell us how many ballots you had to return that weren't yours or your pets.

When you get off your high and return to earth please tell me that ballots have never been sent to pets names or to the wrong address or to dead people. Waiting!

Maybe if Trump had lead the nation and slowed the spread of the virus this would not be a problem. Of course all the Trumpsters think he has done a wonderful job with ONLY 200,000 deaths and counting. And now few will take the vaccine because he made that a political issue.
Voting...whether in person or by mail...is not a problem, except in how the states handle their own process.

Look...if I can go to Walmart or Lowes...walk around and mingle with hundreds of other people...spend an hour doing it...the states should be able to figure out a way for me to walk into a polling location and cast my vote.

The virus is irrelevant to voting. The Dems and Trump haters are feeding your bullshit.

And you are eagerly eating it.

That is a ****ing stupid way of doing it. You are assuming Colorado maintains accurate voter registration, which we know it doesn't. In fact, Colorado has a history of abusing absentee ballots.

At least in Alaska we can prevent non-US citizens from voting in our elections. You actually have to prove you are a US citizen in order to obtain a State ID or driver's license in Alaska, and you can only be issued a certified ballot if you present your valid State ID or driver's license at the time you vote.
No one really gives a shit about Alaska and its 3 electoral votes.

I got a text from the county that I will be receiving my ballot on the 10th of October. After I mail it, I will get a text saying they received it, and, a few days later that they verified my signature and have counted my vote.

Voting by mail works.
Our president and his faithful followers don't think so. I intend to use a mail in.

You'll have to remind me, but sure. I'll let you know.

I don't anticipate getting any ballot but mine. Colorado has been doing this a long time and we know how to get it right.

Other states? shrug...
Do you have any idea why so many other trump supporters think voting by mail is rigged?

I will not be requesting one. The wife and I have a tradition of getting off work early, go vote, catch a movie, have a nice dinner then host a watch party for the results. This year the watch party will be scal back to only include a few family members. It’s a great way to spend a day and makes voting a special and fun event
Sounds like a nice tradition, I personally wouldn't go out to eat or a movie, maybe next election if it's safe.

When you get off your high and return to earth please tell me that ballots have never been sent to pets names or to the wrong address or to dead people. Waiting!
Keep waiting, I'll be back in a century. You didn't answer what I asked but now you demand I answer you, keep waiting.

Our president and his faithful followers don't think so. I intend to use a mail in.
Our president, and his followers are bug eating morons....

What a ****ing stupid argument.

Colorado is a Real-ID state. Probably shouldn't be so ignorant of the system you're trying to condemn. Colorado maintains its voter registration, we have exceptionally low fraud cases, and high voter turn out. We don't need absentee ballots anymore because everyone just gets their ballot in the mail anyway.

Yep. Very low fraud and it couldn't be easier or more secure to vote. Tons of drop boxes.

yes! got my mail-in-ballot I did what all democrats do to republican mail-in-ballots, threw it in the trash can! Q 2024

democrats canvasing grave yards, prisons, handing out ballots at the border, my parrots got ballots looks like the democrats will get 100% of the dead vote! Q 2024

Do you have any idea why so many other trump supporters think voting by mail is rigged?
I cannot speak for anyone else, but I think states that do not have systems similar to my state's have an enormous risk of corrupt people getting away with fraud...not to mention the fact that some states won't even have a count until weeks after the election.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I think states that do not have systems similar to my state's have an enormous risk of corrupt people getting away with fraud...not to mention the fact that some states won't even have a count until weeks after the election.
What states would those be that it's going to take weeks to count their ballots?

Back
Top Bottom