• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mail in ballot security

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
In an earlier thread, I suggested that mail in ballots include a social security number on them that could be validated before the vote is counted. I still do.

Then how about including a finger print sticker along with the mail in ballot. It would be really hard to get finger prints from all the dead democrats that vote in Chicago.

Those two additions may go a long way to prevent voter fraud that democrats are planning.

In an earlier thread, I suggested that mail in ballots include a social security number on them that could be validated before the vote is counted. I still do.

Then how about including a finger print sticker along with the mail in ballot. It would be really hard to get finger prints from all the dead democrats that vote in Chicago.

Those two additions may go a long way to prevent voter fraud that democrats are planning.

Nobody is going to put their social security number on a ballot and then put it in the mail. What a ridiculous, illogical notion.

Sure, why not also require the submission a blood sample in case the fingerprint cant be verified? /sarcasm

Mail-in voting has be used since the civil war without widespread fraud. You just don't like the idea of people having a more convenient mechanism of voting.

How about actually learning how mail in ballots (called absentee ballots for republicans) are actually secured before adding new requirements.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington conduct their elections 100% via mail balloting.

22 states permit mail-balloting. All US service members overseas vote by mail ballot. Geezus. What is with you Trumpers and mail-in voting?

Trump and his wife Melania voted by mail during New York’s mayoral election in 2017, cast an absentee ballot during the state’s midterm election the following year, and again used a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida’s primary election in 2020.

Vice President Mike Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence just recently voted absentee in Indiana's presidential primary election this spring.

Others - Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Trump campaign senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, Attorney General Bill Barr, Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, and on and on.

Why is it safe for Republicans but no one else?

Obama had the social security number of Jean Paul Ludwig an Ohio resident with a Ohio social security number even though Obama never lived in Ohio! after Mr. Ludwig retired and moved to Hawaii, and died. Obama came up with his social security number, while I agree this is a good idea Obama has proven this is not fool proof! Q 2024

Nobody is going to put their social security number on a ballot and then put it in the mail. What a ridiculous, illogical notion.

Tell me why not? It is in government hands. Dont you trust the huge government the left loves??????????

Tell me why not? It is in government hands. Dont you trust the huge government the left loves??????????

The ballot return envelope already has their voter if number and signature in the back of the envelope. What additional security would their SSN provide?

Obama had the social security number of Jean Paul Ludwig an Ohio resident with a Ohio social security number even though Obama never lived in Ohio! after Mr. Ludwig retired and moved to Hawaii, and died. Obama came up with his social security number, while I agree this is a good idea Obama has proven this is not fool proof! Q 2024

Very true. The finger print tho would be added security.

The ballot return envelope already has their voter if number and signature in the back of the envelope. What additional security would their SSN provide?

ANY additional security would be welcomed, when you consider democrat voter fraud.

Vote by mail has been working for decades without it, without any cases of widespread voter fraud.

The world isn't going to add additional requirements simply to placate your unreasonable fears.

ANY additional security would be welcomed, when you consider democrat voter fraud.

It simply will never happen. But thanks for looking out.

funny how virtually no Republicans complained about mail in votes in the past for military, etc.

I hate to tell you but the only person in Wosco that has been caught with voter fraud was a GOPer who voted for Trump three times and never with a mail in ballot.

It is probably illegal to use SSN for such. Finger prints? You are all about BIG GOVERNMENT as are all conservatives.

BTW Republican house member Steven Watkins has three alleged felony counts for voter fraud on the table. The man could not remember where he lived so he chose a UPS store.

Dead democrats don't vote anywhere.

Just so you know ..........

BEWARE OF:
When state legislators across the nation introduce similar or identical bills designed to boost corporate power and profits, reduce workers rights, limit corporate accountability for pollution, or restrict voting, odds are good that the legislation was not written by a state lawmaker but by corporate lobbyists working through the American Legislative Exchange Council.

ALEC is a one-stop shop for corporations looking to identify friendly state legislators and work with them to get special-interest legislation introduced. It’s a win-win for corporations, their lobbyists, and right-wing legislators.

But the big losers are citizens whose rights and interests are sold off to the highest bidder.
ALEC: The Voice of Corporate Special Interests in State Legislatures | Right Wing Watch

All Moderate and Liberal Voters no matter what party…. must assume CONSERVATIVES may have purged YOU from the voting rolls.
Any way possible: ALEC: The Voice of Corporate Special Interests in State Legislatures | Right Wing Watch

Conservatives purged 17 million voters between 2016 - 2018. No one has the right to do this.

ATTACK VOTER SUPPRESSION

Voters ORGANIZE A VOTING DAY PACKET

— 2 recent Utility Bills

--- a birth certificate

--- drivers license or state ID card

--- proof of voter registration etc etc etc.

--- Passport

--- Keep it close by

Let's get on with it. WE voters have a mess to clean up.

Sorry to say the grand ole party that represented the Fiscal Conservative/Socially Responsible republicans is dead.

Obama had the social security number of Jean Paul Ludwig, a man who lived and worked in Ohio! after he retired he moved to Hawaii. he later died in Hawaii, even though Obama had never lived in Ohio he had a Ohio social security number. even though I think social security numbers on ballots are a good idea, Obama has already proven that this isn't fool proof! Q 2024

How about actually learning how mail in ballots (called absentee ballots for republicans) are actually secured before adding new requirements.

No one has a problem with Absentee ballots, those have to be requested by a real live voter, the state wide ballots are mailed WITHOUT a request. So all of last years dead voters will get a ballot mailed to last known address.

See the difference Democrats?

I think the "fraud" you are afraid of is millions of voters rejecting the GOP....

:lamo

No one has a problem with Absentee ballots, those have to be requested by a real live voter, the state wide ballots are mailed WITHOUT a request. So all of last years dead voters will get a ballot mailed to last known address.

How are those ballots returned? You see there is no difference in how it must be returned to be counted. It must be sealed in an official envelope with the voters details and signature on the back of the envelope. Let's say you wanted to intercepts 100 dead voters ballots and cast them illegally. We will make this easy and just say all 100 dead voters lived in the same apartment building. Now all you have to do is be able to match the signature of all 100 on the return envelope for the ballots. What would you say the odds of that happening are?

Vote by mail has been working for decades without it, without any cases of widespread voter fraud.

The world isn't going to add additional requirements simply to placate your unreasonable fears.

This is not about fears it is about voter suppression being exercised by:

BEWARE OF:
When state legislators across the nation introduce similar or identical bills designed to boost corporate power and profits, reduce workers rights, limit corporate accountability for pollution, or restrict voting, odds are good that the legislation was not written by a state lawmaker but by corporate lobbyists working through the American Legislative Exchange Council.

ALEC is a one-stop shop for corporations looking to identify friendly state legislators and work with them to get special-interest legislation introduced. It’s a win-win for corporations, their lobbyists, and right-wing legislators.

But the big losers are citizens whose rights and interests are sold off to the highest bidder.
ALEC: The Voice of Corporate Special Interests in State Legislatures | Right Wing Watch

All Moderate and Liberal Voters no matter what party…. must assume CONSERVATIVES may have purged YOU from the voting rolls.
Any way possible: ALEC: The Voice of Corporate Special Interests in State Legislatures | Right Wing Watch

You hit the nail directly on the head. ALL BALLOTS MUST BE REQUESTED.

And all polling places must retain those requests for inspection.

You hit the nail directly on the head. ALL BALLOTS MUST BE REQUESTED.

Why? There is NO difference in how they are counted when they are returned. The verification is on return, not when sent. Your objection is SOLELY based on the fact that more voters might actually vote and imperil republicans even more.

(End quote)

LOL

Excellent idea..the fingerprint thing..I wouldn't want to put my SSN there especially if name required also

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom