• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maher on the current GOP

Please include some snippets that you think are debate worthy rather than just a video.

"New Rule:
The Fox news editors who each week highlight one thing I say about the democrats that fits their narrative then completely ignores all the shit I say about Republicans....might want to go ahead and turn the TV off right now."

We've seen that on this forum numerous times.

Regarding Republicans:
"The new crop are such a bunch of foaming-at-the-mouth Kraken-releasers that Clarence Thomas wants to marry them."

"First rule of Modern Republican politics: They always go lower. Because this party has no bottom...unless you count Lindsey Graham."

Have Republicans gotten dramatically worse over the last 5 -10 years in terms of morality, ethics, anti-science, and general craziness?
Why is there no bottom? Why don't the "good Republicans" reign this stuff in and hold people to account?

Bill Maher on the Republican Party
And the crazier they get, the crazier they accuse the Democrats of being. It's been their M.O. for decades now, and it just gets worse and worse - their election rigging and voter fraud now rising to the top, like scum on a fetid pond. The GOP's new depths of crazy makes me long for the good old days, when simple breathtaking hypocrisy, like when Bill Clinton's Grand Inquisitors - Henry Hyde, Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston and Dennis Hastert - were ALL involved in much worse conduct than Clinton's, culminating with serial child molester Denny Hastert eventually going to jail.

We're at the point now where every time a Republican opens their mouth with any accusation against a Democrat, you can bet the farm that they're up to their neck in the very shit they're trying to shovel across the aisle. And even the handful who aren't directly guilty of overt idocy, psycopathy and sociopathy, are still willing to support the fellow party members who are. Their entire party should be flushed out of the Capital, and start from scratch with sane conservative policies.

Alas, it isn't likely to happen, because their voter base is even sicker than the nutjobs they put in office.

They are getting crazier by the election.

Please include some snippets that you think are debate worthy rather than just a video.
Fair enough. Since it's short and I have very mixed feelings about Bill Maher, I was hoping people would watch the video and discuss his history of being used by both sides when it is convenient for them.
The interesting thing about Maher is that he has never really wavered. He levels criticism all around and doesn't seem to be beholden to a party or a dogma. That being said, I don't like his delivery often or some of what he says. He is right about his criticisms of the GOP and he's also often correct about the problems plaguing the Democratic Party.

Fair enough. Since it's short and I have very mixed feelings about Bill Maher, I was hoping people would watch the video and discuss his history of being used by both sides when it is convenient for them.
The interesting thing about Maher is that he has never really wavered. He levels criticism all around and doesn't seem to be beholden to a party or a dogma. That being said, I don't like his delivery often or some of what he says. He is right about his criticisms of the GOP and he's also often correct about the problems plaguing the Democratic Party.

Maher is right on the money with his comments about the insanity and continued regression of the Republican Party. I remember how disturbed I was back in 2010 when I saw some of the Tea Bagger whack jobs that had just been elected to Congress. Now, virtually every single member of the Republican Party is just as crazy as those 2010 misfits.

This is why all of the so-called Democrats who say that things will return to "normal" with Trump out of the picture are 100% wrong.

And here is the scariest part -- the Republican Party has not been punished by the American voters at all for their extreme, dangerous beliefs and actions. The Republicans picked up several seats in the House in 2020 and they are most likely going to take back Congress in a few months. Political parties don't change unless the voters make them change. And that doesn't look like it's going to happen to the Republican Party any time soon.

I think he made it pretty clear where he stands.

I think he made it pretty clear where he stands.

There is no ambiguity about where Bill Maher stands. He is an umpire, calling it like he sees it.

If any liberals feel butthurt by some of Maher's comments, well that says more about them than it does about Maher.

Back
Top Bottom