• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What the **** does a black president have to act like?

That was the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Oh wow Maher what the hell are you even thinking to say that? Stupidity at its best.

Link
RealClearPolitics - Video - Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

While I am in no way a follower or supporter of President Obama, I do have to ask this guy Maher one question.

President Obama is so far as I am aware the only colored President the US has ever had, so how does a 'Real Black' President act?

It is not that there have been any precedents.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or something, but it comes across as blatantly racist...

According to that clip, is a real "black person" supposed to basically be a thug walking around threatening people with a gun?

This is literally the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Do you people not watch Leno or Letterman? It's a monologue. He's telling jokes. Jesus Christ.

LMAO are you people trolling?
Maher is a comedian and he was doing his monologue it was a total joke LOL I feel bad for anybody that thinks that was real

I'm sorry, this was typical Maher and what he's saying is he wants the president to intimidate BP. He just used a gang metaphor in a way many comedians have used Cheney shooting his friend in the face. It's uncomfortable, because it's a reference to Obama's race.

Maher said he wasn't going to ***** foot around with making jokes about Obama because he's black. Guess he was serious. :mrgreen:

Seriously guys, this was a joke. It wasn't serious, and its a non-issue.

Funny stuff though, Bill Maher is awesome!

I tend to not watch Maher anymore. I more of a Jon Stewart gal, since Maher has become more of a Shock Jock now a days.

I honestly thought the joke wasn't all that funny, if he wanted it too be a joke at lest make the joke a little funny.

Last edited:
I agree that this was a joke but I thought it was ok for black comedians to make jokes about whites and a total taboo for white comideians to make black jokes. And the use of black stereotypes too.

I agree that this was a joke but I thought it was ok for black comedians to make jokes about whites and a total taboo for white comideians to make black jokes. And the use of black stereotypes too.

Maher doesn't care about your personal sensitivities. Change the channel :)

OK - so, we're suppose to take the Comedian John Stewart seriously.
But disregard any presumed seriousness coming from the Comedian Bill Maher.

Ok, I got it - it's total hypocrisy and ridiculous partisan favoritism bull**** - but I've got it, now.

right, so. nappy headed hos and all that, right? :roll:

This is literally the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Do you people not watch Leno or Letterman? It's a monologue. He's telling jokes. Jesus Christ.
Thank you.

Ok, I got it - it's total hypocrisy and ridiculous partisan favoritism bull**** - but I've got it, now.

No...no you really don't get it. I honestly have no idea how to explain this to you, but you're just so completely off the mark here that you've passed Neptune. When Jon Stewart is doing an impression of The Penguin when talking about Dick Cheney, he is not actually suggesting that Dick Cheney is a Batman villain and you shouldn't be taking those remarks seriously. I mean, I am at a total loss here, because apparently someone has to explain to you what a joke is.

Edit: I don't even understand where you got the idea that this is "partisan favoritism." What political grounds would you expect there to be for this ridiculous premise of yours? Liberal vs. More Liberal? This doesn't make any sense.

Edit2: For more clarification.
You don't get it.

Last edited:
No...no you really don't get it. I honestly have no idea how to explain this to you, but you're just so completely off the mark here that you've passed Neptune. When Jon Stewart is doing an impression of The Penguin when talking about Dick Cheney, he is not actually suggesting that Dick Cheney is a Batman villain and you shouldn't be taking those remarks seriously. I mean, I am at a total loss here, because apparently someone has to explain to you what a joke is.

Edit: I don't even understand where you got the idea that this is "partisan favoritism." What political grounds would you expect there to be for this ridiculous premise of yours? Liberal vs. More Liberal? This doesn't make any sense.

Edit2: For more clarification.
You don't get it.

*facepalm* Now you're not getting it.

My point was that Maher is a comedian.
My point is that Jon Stewart is a comedian.
I don't take anything that they ever say or do *seriously* - because they're just comedians.

I was poking fun at (and making a truthful observation about) people who *do* take political comedians seriously, such as those people who love Jon Stewart's political satire and take it like it's serious fact. . . These other people *take* Jon Stewart seriously . . . and I noticed that some of those *same* people are trying to tell people who've been offended by Maher to *not* take Maher's comments seriously - as if there's a difference.

They both do the SAME thing in comedy - but we're not suppose to take one seriously while the other is a heavy-reve?

SEE the hypocrisy coming from some people?
It ain't coming from me, that's for damn sure.

Last edited:

I don't take anything that they ever say or do *seriously* - because they're just comedians.

I was poking fun at (and making a truthful observation about) people who *do* take political comedians seriously, such as those people who love Jon Stewart's political satire and take it like it's serious fact. . . These other people *take* Jon Stewart seriously . . . and I noticed that some of those *same* people are trying to tell people who've been offended by Maher to *not* take Maher's comments seriously - as if there's a difference.

They both do the SAME thing in comedy - but we're not suppose to take one seriously while the other is a heavy-reve?

Well i cant anwser to who you are refferring too because their stand may have very well been hyicritcal but i will say this. None of them are to be taken aboslutley serious Stewart, Mahr, Beck, Rush etc

They all tell jokes, they all tell opinions, they all tell truths.
Glenn beck tells lots of opinions that he tries to sell has fact, he tells lies too BUT he also tells truths/facts sprinkled in entertainment
Stewart show tells lots of jokes with truth/facts spinkled in also

again the person you are talking about could have been a tool im just pointing out that all these guys are there for entertainment, not to be taken to seriously and jokes and truths are scattered among them all.

Well i cant anwser to who you are refferring too because their stand may have very well been hyicritcal but i will say this. None of them are to be taken aboslutley serious Stewart, Mahr, Beck, Rush etc

They all tell jokes, they all tell opinions, they all tell truths.
Glenn beck tells lots of opinions that he tries to sell has fact, he tells lies too BUT he also tells truths/facts sprinkled in entertainment
Stewart show tells lots of jokes with truth/facts spinkled in also

again the person you are talking about could have been a tool im just pointing out that all these guys are there for entertainment, not to be taken to seriously and jokes and truths are scattered among them all.

Exactly!

Are you saying Stewart is taken seriously as news reporter?

Wait, what? Who said we're supposed to take John Stewart seriously? I'm a fan of John Stewart, but, um, come on.

Some stuff is funny because it's true. Some stuff is funny because it's not true. Some stuff is funny because it exposes some form of blatant hypocrisy.

We can recognize all of those things without taking the comedian seriously.

Back
Top Bottom