• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Magic mushroom intoxication with other than Psilocybin.

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
New psychoactive tryptamines have been identified in “magic mushrooms” as recently as 2017.12 Until this year, there was no general synthetic method for producing useful amounts of the minor psychoactive tryptamines.13 One of these minor components is aeruginascin,14 the N-trimethyl analogue of psilocybin. Documented accounts of human exposure to Inocybe aeruginascens, a species of mushroom containing aeruginascin, describe hallucinations that exhibited only euphoric experiences.15 These limited reports about aeruginascin are interesting, given that dysphoria or a “bad trip” is a significant concern associated with consuming psilocybin or mushrooms containing it. Despite these observations, the pharmacological activity of aeruginascin has remained unexplored.

==========================================================================
I'd love to raise these in their own little artificial light garden. Hallucinations that produce euphoric experiences? I'd love to give this one a try.

The psychoactive compound in the mushroom is aeruginascin . This is a pro-drug for hallucinogenic 4-Hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethyltryptamine a derivatve of psilocin.

New psychoactive tryptamines have been identified in “magic mushrooms” as recently as 2017.12 Until this year, there was no general synthetic method for producing useful amounts of the minor psychoactive tryptamines.13 One of these minor components is aeruginascin,14 the N-trimethyl analogue of psilocybin. Documented accounts of human exposure to Inocybe aeruginascens, a species of mushroom containing aeruginascin, describe hallucinations that exhibited only euphoric experiences.15 These limited reports about aeruginascin are interesting, given that dysphoria or a “bad trip” is a significant concern associated with consuming psilocybin or mushrooms containing it. Despite these observations, the pharmacological activity of aeruginascin has remained unexplored.

==========================================================================
I'd love to raise these in their own little artificial light garden. Hallucinations that produce euphoric experiences? I'd love to give this one a try.

The psychoactive compound in the mushroom is aeruginascin . This is a pro-drug for hallucinogenic 4-Hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethyltryptamine a derivatve of psilocin.

That's something I'd try. I've been hesitant about psychedelics because who wants to spend hours (except for DMT) on a bad trip? And its apparently been found in at least these mushrooms -
Psilocybe cubensis

That's something I'd try. I've been hesitant about psychedelics because who wants to spend hours (except for DMT) on a bad trip? And its apparently been found in at least these mushrooms -
Psilocybe cubensis

My ex wife had a bad trip on mushrooms while I at the same time was thoroughly enjoying myself, seeing Aztec architectural patterns on the walls of my fireplace. Psychedelics can be fun but you have to be careful. I raised hallucinogenic San Pedro cactus & developed a way to get the mescaline out of the plant. In one trip my desk flew at me. Wild. But one time I overdosed & was catatonic for 6+ hours. And you have to be ready for a bad trip. I understand any benzo will get you down.

Psilocybe cubensis
only euphoric experiences from that Inocybe mushroom. That sounds great, especially if you could enjoy it with a partner. Doing it by yourself would not nearly be enough of an experience.

There are people who make compounds like this type of molecule commercially & offer them for sale as 'research chemicals.' But I would think getting hold of spores of hat species & cultivating them would be a lot of fun. Can't be that hard as these are weeds.

only euphoric experiences from that Inocybe mushroom. That sounds great, especially if you could enjoy it with a partner. Doing it by yourself would not nearly be enough of an experience.

There are people who make compounds like this type of molecule commercially & offer them for sale as 'research chemicals.' But I would think getting hold of spores of hat species & cultivating them would be a lot of fun. Can't be that hard as these are weeds.

One of these days I may try them with my daughter. She's done them several times & has enjoyed them. I just wish they would last for a couple hours instead of all day!

One of these days I may try them with my daughter. She's done them several times & has enjoyed them. I just wish they would last for a couple hours instead of all day!
Like with any drug, you can build up a tolerance to psilocybin

True, but I'm thinking more in terms of my first time. I'd just like it quick and easy.

I think you might get a fun experience out of it.

When I did mescaline I stared at a Radio Shack strobe light while I listened to Techno music.

Plan ahead & enjoy yourselves, I think it would be a great bonding experience with your daughter. You'd be in the same room but seeing different hallucinations. It's not like you've both gone to the same movie.

Plan ahead & enjoy yourselves, I think it would be a great bonding experience with your daughter. You'd be in the same room but seeing different hallucinations. It's not like you've both gone to the same movie.

I think its kind of inevitable, at some point.

I think its kind of inevitable, at some point.

I'd go for it. You only live once. I know nothing about your relationship with your daughter but as a common experience between two related women would be at least a fun experience

I'd go for it. You only live once. I know nothing about your relationship with your daughter but as a common experience between two related women would be at least a fun experience

Our relationship is very good. Now if she were still in her teens it would have been a different story, but she's fully adult, thank goodness.

Our relationship is very good. Now if she were still in her teens it would have been a different story, but she's fully adult, thank goodness.
I suggest you have at it, ladies. Just have a couple of benzo tabs handy in case you or she have a bad trip.

This type of interaction by 2 related females turns me on, even it it is only mental.

I suggest you have at it, ladies. Just have a couple of benzo tabs handy in case you or she have a bad trip.

This type of interaction by 2 related females turns me on, even it it is only mental.

I've got xanax!

I've got xanax!

Great! I was taking Prozac for the first time & was actually feeling better when on the 14th day I was overcome by such an intense sadness that had suicide as its only answer. I called my MD's office & they told me to take a Xanax & lie down, which I did. I was right as rain within a hour or so. I've scene people have bad trips so it's nice to know that you have the remedy on hand.

BTW, at least one other guy here said he had the same kind of reaction to another anti-depressant.

Psilocybin is a powerful & long-lasting psychoactive dug.

Last edited:
I'm glad that xanax helped!! It really is a good drug, IMO, despite the potential for abuse. I mainly use it for when I can't get to sleep, or the infrequent times that I get really upset about something. But there have been times when I have gotten...not depressed, but just in a general 'funk' that is lingering......and a xanax kind of resets my head, if you know what I mean.

I'm glad that xanax helped!! It really is a good drug, IMO, despite the potential for abuse. I mainly use it for when I can't get to sleep, or the infrequent times that I get really upset about something. But there have been times when I have gotten...not depressed, but just in a general 'funk' that is lingering......and a xanax kind of resets my head, if you know what I mean.

It's a wonderful drug for anxiety (panic) but I use it for sleeping. It puts you immediately into the Stage 3 dream zone (REM) where you start dreaming. That's very therapeutic.

One sub here belongs to an HMO & they are forbidden to prescribe Xanax.

At my age they are not going to question of my routinely using that benzo to sleep. I moved here from out of state a few years ago & the local docs had no problem following all my prescriptions.

Last edited:
It's a wonderful drug for anxiety (panic) but I use it for sleeping. It puts you immediately into the Stage 3 dream zone (REM) where you start dreaming. That's very therapeutic.

I really prefer to use weed to get to sleep, even though it does mess with REM, but too much of that causes anxiety for me, lol. And I like to keep a low tolerance.

Psilocybe cubensis

Keep Valium or Xanax on hand.

Back
Top Bottom