• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MAGA Made in China

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Its been reported a time or two already, but still hysterical to watch the hypocrisy on display of the MAGA crowd. So much for "US first."

Ironically enough, having something made in the country which can do it the cheapest is what benefits Americans the most.

Surprise, surprise!!!

MAGA has turned-out to be an ugly, hateful, grift-filled, un-American enterprise.

Ironically enough, having something made in the country which can do it the cheapest is what benefits Americans the most.

I highly doubt you can back that up but I will enjoy watching you try to dismiss fraud as "benefits Americans the most."

I highly doubt you can back that up but I will enjoy watching you try to dismiss fraud as "benefits Americans the most."

What they did is fraud, and I'm not trying to dismiss it. I'm simply pointing that what puts "Americans first" is producing things as cheap as possible. These idiotic country of origin labels are for people who are too dumb to understand that outsourcing makes Americans richer. Look at you own life. Do you make your own clothes or do you outsource that job? Do you grown your own food, or do you outsource that job? If you kept those jobs inside your household, you would be poorer and worse off.

But you guys keep worrying about where things are made.

What they did is fraud, and I'm not trying to dismiss it. I'm simply pointing that what puts "Americans first" is producing things as cheap as possible. These idiotic country of origin labels are for people who are too dumb to understand that outsourcing makes Americans richer. Look at you own life. Do you make your own clothes or do you outsource that job? Do you grown your own food, or do you outsource that job? If you kept those jobs inside your household, you would be poorer and worse off.

Your first line is a lie.

It also dooms us to shortages. Didn't god trump run on america first? American workers, american products?

"You guys" made an issue of it, now you are trying to cry about it. Classic.

You need a talking to from @Mycroft.

I remember when anything an American could want or need was Made in America. Top quality stuff, too. Made in Japan was a euphemism for cheap junk. Thats when unionisation was highest. Gradually American manufacturing moved to southern nonunion states, then to maquiladora zones in Mexico, then to Sri Lanka and Thailand and China and now its all cheap junk.
America certainly has not benefited by greedy corporations low-balling labour costs with Asian sweatshops and child labour.

Surprise, surprise!!!

That's F'd up. I think also, they should require him to allow people to return the money to anyone who wants it back. I think they should have put him out of business.

Surprise, surprise!!!

The rubes are so easily fleeced.

I remember when anything an American could want or need was Made in America. Top quality stuff, too. Made in Japan was a euphemism for cheap junk. Thats when unionisation was highest. Gradually American manufacturing moved to southern nonunion states, then to maquiladora zones in Mexico, then to Sri Lanka and Thailand and China and now its all cheap junk.
America certainly has not benefited by greedy corporations low-balling labour costs with Asian sweatshops and child labour.
So why do the democrats cry about the increased Tariffs Trump initiated?

So very true. The cheap goods made in other countries are made to fail so consumers have to purchase goods more often making greedy corporations more wealth.

especially when a company takes a "Made in China" tag off and replaces it with a "Made in the USA" label.

Trump tariffs raise prices and causes inflation.
So, you are OK with hurting this nation in the long term for short term prices...

The purpose of that is to return manufacturing jobs here. Employ more people here.

Do you like the fact that family wage union manufacturing jobs have moved to China and elsewhere, so you can save a few dollars a month?

Back
Top Bottom