• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MAGA boat parades across America - Labor Day 2020

Sabre

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here is something you have not heard on the biased mainstream media because they ignore any news that is positive for Trump.

Trump supporters rule the waves! Thousands take part in MAGA boat parades across America in stunning Labor Day weekend show of support for the President
Thousands of the devoted followers showed their support of the President after five boats sank and another capsized over the weekend during the celebrations. In Florida MAGA supporters congregated off the shore of President Trump's home at Mar-a-Lago.
Donald Trump Jr joined in with the parade, according to reports, as the Sunshine State hosted events to herald the current Commander-in-Chief for a second term. Supporters also gathered in Iowa and Pennsylvania for the celebrations.

Thousands of Trump supporters take part in boat parades after five vessels sank in Texas | Daily Mail Online

32905686-8708651-Donald-Trump-Jr-joined-in-with-the-parade-according-to-reports-a-a-29-1599551520466.jpg

Here is something you have not heard on the biased mainstream media because they ignore any news that is positive for Trump.

No, we've heard about it already. There's already threads about this in fact.

Trump supporters rule the waves! Thousands take part in MAGA boat parades across America in stunning Labor Day weekend show of support for the President
Thousands of the devoted followers showed their support of the President after five boats sank and another capsized over the weekend during the celebrations. In Florida MAGA supporters congregated off the shore of President Trump's home at Mar-a-Lago.
Donald Trump Jr joined in with the parade, according to reports, as the Sunshine State hosted events to herald the current Commander-in-Chief for a second term. Supporters also gathered in Iowa and Pennsylvania for the celebrations.

Thousands of Trump supporters take part in boat parades after five vessels sank in Texas | Daily Mail Online

32905686-8708651-Donald-Trump-Jr-joined-in-with-the-parade-according-to-reports-a-a-29-1599551520466.jpg

What is it with boaters and over doing it with flags? I mean look at the center boat. He has enough fabric out, he can sail his boat without the motor. Seriously. What gives?

I ran into some real Trump cultists in Coronado.

They didn't like it when we mocked them.

Snowflakes.

What is it with boaters and over doing it with flags? I mean look at the center boat. He has enough fabric out, he can sail his boat without the motor. Seriously. What gives?
It comes out of the international maritime use of flags. There's literally flags for everything - your country, your club, your harbor, you yourself, your guests, the harbors clubs and countries you visit, etc. Then besides the 'nautical' flags for active communications, there all kinds of flags for activities and situations like diving, motoring/maneuvering problems, medical problems, etc., etc.

It's all historical, from before there was radio communications. But it still remains. I no longer have a boat, but when I did I never got into it beyond Old Glory & my city flag. But some guys ...

It comes out of the international maritime use of flags. There's literally flags for everything - your country, your club, your harbor, you yourself, your guests, the harbors clubs and countries you visit, etc. Then besides the 'nautical' flags for active communications, there all kinds of flags for activities and situations like diving, motoring/maneuvering problems, medical problems, etc., etc.

It's all historical, from before there was radio communications. But it still remains. I no longer have a boat, but when I did I never got into it beyond Old Glory & my city flag. But some guys ...

And therein lies the rub. :lol:

And therein lies the rub. :lol:
Yep! Just like my old man, and those small state decals he stuck on the rear side-windows of his old Poncho, as we spent summers criss-crossing the country!

Yep! Just like my old man, and those small state decals he stuck on the rear side-windows of his old Poncho, as we spent summers criss-crossing the country!

I just got 2 more states to go Alaska and Hawaii. I am adding Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands as a tack on. They are technically not states but they are US territories.

Don't forget this one in San Diego:

Trump boat parade.jpg

This Navy ship was a fortunate Coincidence.

Or and this one wasn't quite so crowded:

biden boat parade.jpg

I just got 2 more states to go Alaska and Hawaii. I am adding Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands as a tack on. They are technically not states but they are US territories.
Did you actually drive the entire lower 48?

(I love driving vacations!)

GULF Oil had a promotion in the early 1970s. You got a state sticker for every fill up over a certain amount. You are probably not old enough to remember some of the things that were available at filling station, maps, combs, key chains all sort of brick a brac.

"This is NO time for ceremony" - Patrick Henry

Looks like some superspreaders have both motorcycles and boats.

Did you actually drive the entire lower 48?

(I love driving vacations!)

I did professionally. I am revisiting the states in a non-professional capacity.

I did professionally. I am revisiting the states in a non-professional capacity.
Seeing the entire 48 is quite a tribute! I've met people that did it. Wasn't us. We did pretty well out west, though.

I still think there's no better way to see the country, than from behind the wheel. And stopping at diners & corner bars, to get the low-down from the locals. If I'm flexible when I travel, and I always try to be, my first task in a new place is to hit the neighborhood corner bar, where for the price of buying a drink or two for my new friends - I get the things to do from the locals' perspective.

Hell, I've simply walked into joints and announced, "I'm just in from out-of-town - where do I eat and what do I do & see around here?" You'd be amazed at how a gaggle of enthusiastic locals will gather around, even before you toss a single bill on the bar!

GULF Oil had a promotion in the early 1970s. You got a state sticker for every fill up over a certain amount. You are probably not old enough to remember some of the things that were available at filling station, maps, combs, key chains all sort of brick a brac.
Yep. Maps! Lots of maps! We used maps! Displayed in a metal wire stand, inside every gas station. Everyone had a Rand McNally. I still do, to be honest. But sadly, the local Rand McNally store in my city closed it's doors. What a great place to visit, it was. They had so much more than run-of-the-mill maps.

No, we've heard about it already. There's already threads about this in fact.

Yes there are, mostly about boats sinking at a parade before Labor Day. I posted on the Labor Day parades where there were thousands and none sank.

Have we talked about the regatta ("boat parade", really?) where a dozen or so boats managed to sink?

Have we talked about the regatta ("boat parade", really?) where a dozen or so boats managed to sink?

Pray tell, which one would that one have been? Couldn't have been any Trump boat parades because a dozen sinking would have been headlines on every left-wing media, (read mainstream media)

Back
Top Bottom