• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MAG: Cash Payment To Iran A Felony...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime? Outrage broke out this week over the revelation that Obama arranged to ship the mullahs piles of cash, worth $400 million and converted into foreign denominations, reportedly in an unmarked cargo plane. The hotly debated question was whether the payment, which the administration attributes to a 37-year-old arms deal, was actually a ransom paid for the release of American hostages Tehran had abducted.

Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review

IMO, obama knew full well he broke the law.....but he's above the aw....so is Hillary!

The voters need to STOP HILLARY AT ALL COST!

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime? Outrage broke out this week over the revelation that Obama arranged to ship the mullahs piles of cash, worth $400 million and converted into foreign denominations, reportedly in an unmarked cargo plane. The hotly debated question was whether the payment, which the administration attributes to a 37-year-old arms deal, was actually a ransom paid for the release of American hostages Tehran had abducted.

Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review

IMO, obama knew full well he broke the law.....but he's above the aw....so is Hillary!

Old man.jpg

And, you guys went ape **** over "guns for hostages" in the "Iran-Contra Scandal" where people actually WENT TO JAIL - until Bush 41 pardoned most of them (as a side note, take a look at who is pictured in the article beside Weinberger).

I wonder if Obama can pardon himself? I'm sure Hillary would do it for him.

My how we forget history, the law, and the Constitution, when it's now our side being the criminal assholes.

Typing in all capps doesn't do much for your argument.

Fun to see how you get more angry as more people realize that this is not a scandal. Not the same at all as Iran Contra. Hell, the State Dept announced this back in January, its money we owed Iran.

Read up.

Last edited:

Fun to see how you get more angry as more people realize that this is not a scandal. Not the same at all as Iran Contra. Hell, the State Dept announced this back in January, its money we owed Iran.

Read up.

I see you've read up on your talking points. I prefer to go with facts, actual evidence, and the ****ing law. And yes, I'm pissed. I'm ****ing tired of people in both parties breaking the law and getting away with it, and treating the Constitution like it's just a ****ing suggestion. Personally, I don't give a flying **** what you think all caps does to my argument, given that your argument is nothing but hackish ideology where mine is based on and formed around the Constitution and the ****ing law, both of which, I've read up on.

I see you've read up on your talking points. I prefer to go with facts, actual evidence, and the ****ing law. And yes, I'm pissed. I'm ****ing tired of people in both parties breaking the law and getting away with it, and treating the Constitution like it's just a ****ing suggestion. Personally, I don't give a flying **** what you think all caps does to my argument, given that your argument is nothing but hackish ideology where mine is based on and formed around the Constitution and the ****ing law, both of which, I've read up on.

Look at you.....all anger, all cussing. This is why we can't discuss some things, you are so pissed off that you can't make a decent post.

You are so full of fear and anger. Your story has disintegrated, no one broke the law. But keep on screaming..because...that will really help your argument.:lamo

And, you guys went ape **** over "guns for hostages" in the "Iran-Contra Scandal" where people actually WENT TO JAIL - until Bush 41 pardoned most of them (as a side note, take a look at who is pictured in the article beside Weinberger).

My how we forget history, the law, and the Constitution, when it's now our side being the criminal assholes.

People did not oppose the selling arms to Iran, they where upset over giving money to an organization congress had cut off funds to. You should probably check your history a bit...

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime?
Yes, it did. That's why he sent foreign currency.

Outrage broke out this week over the revelation that Obama arranged to ship the mullahs piles of cash, worth $400 million and converted into foreign denominations, reportedly in an unmarked cargo plane. The hotly debated question was whether the payment, which the administration attributes to a 37-year-old arms deal, was actually a ransom paid for the release of American hostages Tehran had abducted.

The author of that op-ed thinks torture is legal. So his opinion about the law isn't worth the time to read it.

Look at you.....all anger, all cussing. This is why we can't discuss some things, you are so pissed off that you can't make a decent post.

You are so full of fear and anger. Your story has disintegrated, no one broke the law. But keep on screaming..because...that will really help your argument.:lamo

Nope. Upset because I'm pissed that no one cares about the law or the Constitution. Keep laughing. You'll get the government you deserve by doing so.

Nope. Upset because I'm pissed that no one cares about the law or the Constitution. Keep laughing. You'll get the government you deserve by doing so.

Gee, thanks for being the martyr for the constitution.

Why weren't you angry about this back in January when it was reported? Trump campaign digs up a non story, gets you all ginned up and angry, and for what? Its a non story.

People did not oppose the selling arms to Iran, they where upset over giving money to an organization congress had cut off funds to. You should probably check your history a bit...

You think no one had a problem with "arms for hostages?" Seriously? Of course the other side (the Contra side) of the deal was illegal as well, but it wasn't the only one.

BTW. I don't need to check history a bit on this one. Maybe on other ones, sure. But, not this one.

Sound familiar?

The world is so busy focusing on DT's words, that they're ignoring the President's ACTIONS. I'm reading many liberal posts using baa baa. President Obama is undoubtedly laughing his ass off about how easy it is to deceive the American people. It looks like a duck. It talks like a duck. And we're so far BUYING that it's a hornet.

And, for that matter, Hillary Clinton's actions. Spent tens of thousands of dollars to circumvent FOIA with her emails. Lied to the American people re Benghazi. Lied to the American people about her emails in re to classified. When tripped up, finally, claimed she had a short circuit. WTH is that??

Why weren't you angry about this back in January when it was reported? Trump campaign digs up a non story, gets you all ginned up and angry, and for what? Its a non story.

I was. Check my posts. Calling this a non-story is exactly what the Reagan White House said about Iran-Contra, and see how that turned out?

I was. Check my posts. Calling this a non-story is exactly what the Reagan White House said about Iran-Contra, and see how that turned out?

No law was broken here, they have been in out in the open about this since January. Iran contra was about arming rebels, against the law. You are so desperate and angry for a scandal, you will conflate anything into one.

5 Things You Need to Know About the $400 Million America Sent to Iran

The major issue between the two governments was a $400 million payment for military equipment made by the government of the Shah of Iran, prior to the 1979 uprising that topped him. The U.S. banned delivery of the jets and other weapons amid the hostage crisis, but froze the $400 million advance payment.

The two sides reached an agreement in mid-2015, at the same time as the U.S. and Iran reached a comprehensive pact on curtailing Iran’s development of nuclear weapons. The financial deal called for the U.S. to refund $1.7 billion to Tehran, consisting of the original $400 million contract for military equipment, plus $1.3 billion in interest.

That same day, Tehran released the U.S. hostages, and the U.S. freed seven Iranians detained for violating financial and other U.S. sanctions on their home country. Hence, the return of the five Americans appeared to be one side of a prisoner exchange with Tehran.

Read up.

:thumbs::thumbs::applaud

And this crapola by obozo is somehow better and moralistic? BS!!!!

And this crapola by obozo is somehow better and moralistic? BS!!!!

So you do not understand how the money came to be sent to Iran, nor what actually happened when Reagan dealt with Iran, nor my position on either. Well done, you have a complete and total failure of understanding anything about what you are discussing.

The world is so busy focusing on DT's words, that they're ignoring the President's ACTIONS. I'm reading many liberal posts using baa baa. President Obama is undoubtedly laughing his ass off about how easy it is to deceive the American people. It looks like a duck. It talks like a duck. And we're so far BUYING that it's a hornet.

And, for that matter, Hillary Clinton's actions. Spent tens of thousands of dollars to circumvent FOIA with her emails. Lied to the American people re Benghazi. Lied to the American people about her emails in re to classified. When tripped up, finally, claimed she had a short circuit. WTH is that??

Everyone knows asking a parent of a crying baby to leave so everyone else can hear a speech is much worse than careless handling of classified documents or accusing another country of trying to assassinate the Secretary of State when it never happened.:lamo

Read up.

Still..............ILLEGAL, just like the folks coming across the border.

You guys sure have a tough time with observing the law.

Yes, it did. That's why he sent foreign currency.

The author of that op-ed thinks torture is legal. So his opinion about the law isn't worth the time to read it.

Why is it that all the other countries can use torture and you guys just give lip service to it, but rail like a bunch of banshees, if we do it?

They sure will.

It's not a non story....the obama Regime committed a Felony!

Time and time again people have pointed out that this was arranged long ago and was announced back in January, and that the money was their money to begin with. But yet you keep repeating posting the same falsehood, a little Partisan there Mickey?

Still..............ILLEGAL, just like the folks coming across the border.

You guys sure have a tough time with observing the law.

It's not a non story....the obama Regime committed a Felony!

Wait....so its a felony? OK, where are the charges?

You love to make up stuff. Not a felony, no breaking of the law.

Illegals? LOL, calm down Mickeywfail

Why is it that all the other countries can use torture and you guys just give lip service to it, but rail like a bunch of banshees, if we do it?
The idea is not to become worse than your enemy. Othewise, what separates you from them?

Wait....so its a felony? OK, where are the charges?

There will be no charges when you are above the law. King Obama can do what he wants. Due process is waste of time and unnecessary.

You love to make up stuff. Not a felony, no breaking of the law.

Exactly. We have changed our position on selling them weapons. The money they gave us for weapons we should give back now. We are now supporting their weapons program. I mean helping the poor. I forgot the religion of peace helps the poor and doesn't fund terrorism or is building nuclear weapons. My mistake.

I wonder if we owe North Korea any money. Maybe we can fund their nuclear program I mean use the money to help the poor as well.

Illegals? LOL, calm down Mickeywfail

They are only illegal until rewarded with a citizenship. Just get over here by hook and crook, have an anchor baby, and you get a put ahead of all the law abiding people trying to legally immigrate to this country. Plus after they get pardoned they are no longer criminals. A comprehensive immigration policy we have and can look forward to under Hillary.

The idea is not to become worse than your enemy. Othewise, what separates you from them?

True, but its OK when the information obtained helps capture Osama bin Laden and makes the current president look good.

Iran-Contra is a bit more extreme than this. Not to say that this alleged action is OK, Iran-Contra wasn't just "guns for hostages", that was selling guns to Iran (the country y'all are now complaining that Obama gave money to) and using that money to fund a drug running terrorist organization. If what Obama did is true, then it was merely paying a ransom. And if he broke laws, then he needs to be held accountable. But y'all seem to be flippantly handling history, trying to throw out Iran-Contra.

IMO, anyone who disregards Iran-Contra but is trying to make this into some really big deal is nothing but a HUGE hypocrite. There should have been quite a bit of severe punishment in Iran-Contra. If what is alleged here is true and against the law, then there should be very strict punishment as well. But random paying is nowhere near the scale of wrong doing as Iran-Contra.

Back
Top Bottom